[Recovery] Unofficial TWRP SM-G360T1

3,965 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,828

By ShinySide, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd September 2015, 05:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quick fast post. Fix it up later.

Unofficial TWRP for the SM-G360T1

Step 1:
You should know how to flash twrp by now.

Step 2:
Profit

Download link:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347820600

Known issues:
Usb otg not working. Will fix later.

Enjoy. Hit thanks or donate and all that good crap
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to ShinySide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShinySide Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 05:23 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 4,828

Donate to Me
More
Mine
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ShinySide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShinySide Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 05:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 897

Donate to Me
More
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN @ShinySide!!! Not only for root, but now for a working custom recovery. Truly the 2 most important tools we could have for our phone.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

As usual, be sure to give @ShinySide your Thanks/Donations/etc.!!! He deserves it! Also, now that you have TWRP you might be wondering what to do next. Here are a couple of suggestions of things that I've already done and that I am quite happy with.

1) Theme it! - Here are some themes you can try out that will not only make TWRP more beautiful, but also provide a layout that is more intuitive and user friendly. These are listed in a Galaxy S2 thread yes, but I've attached a picture of the one that I'm currently running and I'm happy to say that it works on our phone like a charm. I've also used these themes on other phones in the past. Just follow the instructions in the OP of that thread and give the guy some thanks on that thread if you like them. There is no risk in this btw. Either it works or it doesn't and to get rid of it if you don't like it you just have to delete the theme folder that you placed in TWRP. (Try to use the files that say "480x800" as that's the resolution of our screen.) Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...lised-t2933979

2) Add the Xposed Framework - Go to this link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=62377731
Then, install the Xposed app from the link on that thread. After that, you're going to want to pick the file attached to the OP of that thread that is called "xposed-v80.0-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20160211.zip" and save it to the root of your external SD card. (Do not download the one that says "ARM64" in it. Just the one I mentioned.) Then, just flash it via TWRP and reboot. You should now have the Xposed Framework installed. Once, again be sure to give the OP thanks on that thread too!

NOTE: After flashing Xposed it may hang on the MetroPCS screen on the next reboot for up to 15-20 mins or so while it's doing stuff. If it's any longer than that, then just pop the battery out and reboot. It will boot properly after that while it reoptimizes some apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twrptheme.png
Views:	3108
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	3483143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xposed_sm-g360t1.png
Views:	3082
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	3483144  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bogarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogarty Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 08:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
OK something not right everytime I flash the twrp I keep getting the 2.8.70 instead of the version of This 2.8.1.0 one I need help cause everything is correct I keep getting that old version instead of this new version but twrp 2.8.7.0 still works good but I want the version right here
The Following User Says Thank You to Deandre7452 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deandre7452 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 09:14 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre7452

OK something not right everytime I flash the twrp I keep getting the 2.8.70 instead of the version of This 2.8.1.0 one I need help cause everything is correct I keep getting that old version instead of this new version but twrp 2.8.7.0 still works good but I want the version right here

2.8.7.0 is right. The picture I attached of my themed one I just downloaded from the theme thread because I couldn't take a screenshot from TWRP. Everything is good. No need to worry. :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogarty Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 09:21 AM |#6  

More
Thanks....glad to know that but everytime I reboot to system from twrp it keep going right back to the twrp instead of system that's what I worry about I have to keep flashing the kernel root cause the twrp not working right but ima get the theme to see what happens next
The Following User Says Thank You to Deandre7452 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deandre7452 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 11:02 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks....glad to know that but everytime I reboot to system from twrp it keep going right back to the twrp instead of system that's what I worry about I have to keep flashing the kernel root cause the twrp not working right but ima get the theme to see what happens next

It shouldn't be doing that. Also, you should just make sure your TWRP is properly installed first before you do anything else to it. Maybe try rebooting your phone just by holding the power button once instead of selecting reboot system and see if it boots correctly then.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
23rd September 2015, 11:12 AM |#8  

More
I don't think it's right now I have the same picture frame u have in the picture but still not 2.8.1.0 at the top it have the 2.8.7.0 up there at the top of it and another thing is I can't flash anything everything else good but can't swipe to install so I need to get this right cause I don't be having problems with nothing else when I do stuff for my device
23rd September 2015, 11:30 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't think it's right now I have the same picture frame u have in the picture but still not 2.8.1.0 at the top it have the 2.8.7.0 up there at the top of it and another thing is I can't flash anything everything else good but can't swipe to install so I need to get this right cause I don't be having problems with nothing else when I do stuff for my device

Again, it is supposed to be 2.8.7.0 . Don't go by the picture I posted it was just a sample of what I had. Not a screenshot. Also, it doesn't need to look like mine to work. Theming it was just for fun and should only be done after you've successfully installed TWRP. Anyhow, try flashing this stock recovery file here. Then, boot into stock recovery and make sure you can still reboot to Android from there. If so, then go back and try flashing the TWRP recovery file again instead and see if that fixes the problem. No one else should flash this file by the way unless they are trying to go back to stock recovery for whatever reason. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SM-G360T1_recovery_ODIN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.18 MB, 6586 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bogarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogarty Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 06:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Good job
Awesome! Goood job dude, can't wait till you write up the proper instructions. I'm a noob so don't want to do something wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waterbucket123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waterbucket123 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 07:02 PM |#11  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Another masterpiece By @shineside....

A great BIG Thank you @Bogarty For helping to bring this all together.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TEFjLONjDON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TEFjLONjDON Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)