Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root required?

9th December 2017, 12:46 AM |#32  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyMK

So, I have been searching for a way to get TWRP working for bloody ages!
Every single Image, Tar and MD5 wont work apart from these ones!

I found these on another thread but its buried in other replies so im here to share it in a Thread so people can actually find them.
It bypasses the whole "SEANDROID IS NOT ENFORCING" crap and brings you right into TWRP!

Credit: am0n666
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=84202
Enjoy!

Excellent, great contribution.
14th February 2018, 10:26 AM |#33  
Flag Kursumlija

More
Hello guys can you help me, is flashing recovery getting bootloader unlocked? I need to install some custom rom, on stock rom I have problem, cannot recive sms messages. My phone is rooted, bootloader locked, 5.1.1. android version.
14th February 2018, 01:06 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukasin89

Hello guys can you help me, is flashing recovery getting bootloader unlocked?

No, it's the contrary. You need to unlock your bootloader to flash a recovery.
Quote:

I need to install some custom rom, on stock rom I have problem, cannot recive sms messages. My phone is rooted, bootloader locked, 5.1.1. android version.

Which brand and model name please?
Assuming that because you posted in SM-G361F thread it's your phone model, you may enable developer mode from the settings of your phone then in this developer tab tick the option "Allow device to OEM unlock" on.

To enable developer mode go to your settings >> Device Information then spam click the baseband tag until you get the toast "Developer mode enabled".
Once all of this done you can flash a custom recovery with Odin and the Download mode of your phone (VOL down+Home+Power buttons when phone off)

Still assuming your device is a SM-G361F, be careful. There is no known developed custom ROM for this model now. So think twice before potentially breaking something.

If you can't receive any SMS first go to your mobile carrier to check if your SIM card is good and there's not someting wrong with them. Then if you're sure it's your phone that got the problem I advise you to reset or reflash it using a stock or eventually pre-rooted ROM.
Finally if it still not work take it to your device manufacturer or buy another one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atronid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Atronid Ad-Free
15th February 2018, 11:20 PM |#35  
Flag Kursumlija

More
Yes I am using sm-g361f version. Hmmmm, I have done everything, enabled OEM unlock, downloaded both TWRP versions but neither worked, I got result ERROR: Protocol initialisation failed! By the way I'm using Linux and Heimdall, followed instructions from youtube tutorial but...
18th February 2018, 01:48 PM |#36  

More
Quote:

Yes I am using sm-g361f version. Hmmmm, I have done everything, enabled OEM unlock, downloaded both TWRP versions but neither worked, I got result ERROR: Protocol initialisation failed! By the way I'm using Linux and Heimdall, followed instructions from youtube tutorial but...

Sorry, where do you get this error? I am a bit confused.
18th February 2018, 03:56 PM |#37  
Flag Kursumlija

More
I installed TWRP and booted into it and got this https://drfone.wondershare.com/image...ection-3-6.jpg but I could not install supersu.zip to root phone. Later I rebooted phone and tried to enter TWRP again but got message that custom binary is blocked by FRP. What wrong have I done?
20th February 2018, 06:23 PM |#38  

More
Quote:

I installed TWRP and booted into it and got this https://drfone.wondershare.com/image...ection-3-6.jpg but I could not install supersu.zip to root phone. Later I rebooted phone and tried to enter TWRP again but got message that custom binary is blocked by FRP. What wrong have I done?

What you got here is actually the STOCK recovery. So this means the install of TWRP failed.
Furthermore, the phone detected that you flashed something and locked to prevent "suspicious activity" like this.
FRP lock is the basic protection of Google to prevent somebody to flash something (system, recovery...) to overwrite your actual system and break into the phone.

To get out of this mode the only way I see (because I got stuck in this situation also) is to reflash the system with your STOCK (basical) firmware.
Do it near of your home, maybe it's because you performed the flash away of where you go usually that your phone triggered FRP lock (or for other reasons, I don't know that much about the FRP security...)

If the reflash of your stock firmware fail (this should not be the case) then I'm sorry but you'll maybe have to reset your phone to get it back to its functionnal state...
But, don't go too fast. First perform the reflash of your stock rom.

Then if you succeed, check if OEM unlock were effectively on (that may be the trick) and you should also manage to unlink your Google account from your phone not to be bothered by the fu... FRP lock again.
14th May 2018, 10:43 PM |#39  

More
Custom ROM issues
I'm trying to install a custom ROM on my SM-G361F using your unofficial recovery as it's the only one that's worked for me, however when I try to install a custom ROM I get an error stating that my device name is " ."

That's right there's no name. Is it possible to re-upload the recovery with this issue solved, as it's the only way I'll be able to install a custom ROM

Thanks,
Feramance
27th January 2019, 09:57 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
how can i root my g361f guys?
29th June 2019, 08:40 AM |#41  

More
Does this work on android 5.1.1 G361F ?

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread