[SM-G361F] [VE LTE] UNOFFICIAL TWRP 2.8.7/3.0.2 [SEAndroid Enforcing Fix!]

Search This thread

Atronid

Jul 3, 2017
I have a sm g361f.. Why i can't flash twrp? Odin says failed .. Please help
First before flashing anything, have you OEM unlocked your device? If not go to the developer panel in the settings. (Assuming you already unlocked this panel of course...
To do that go to the panel about the device then spam click the brand base until a toast pop up "developer mode is enabled")

Reactions: EdyCommentaries
Of course ! Well OEM unlocking is not exactly bootloader unlocking... In my opinion but the only thing I'm sure is that it's necessary to flash anything using the stock download mode.
So just going on download mode an flashing with odin?

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Of course ! Well OEM unlocking is not exactly bootloader unlocking... In my opinion but the only thing I'm sure is that it's necessary to flash anything using the stock download mode.
Also btw i activated enable oem unlock from dev optipns

Atronid

Jul 3, 2017
I didnt retry any flash, though i have a prerooted firmware
Ok
I also got a pre-rooted firmware of SM-G361F and the flash of TWRP worked well.
If your device is OEM unlocked and you located the file you want to flash in the AP tab of Odin there is no reason for this to not work...
Retry and if it fail another time just flash another TWRP tar version.

Reactions: EdyCommentaries
Ok
If your device is OEM unlocked and you located the file you want to flash in the AP tab of Odin there is no reason for this to not work...

Works!!! Thanks :laugh: :good: :good: :good:

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Ok
Wait no... PRF LOCK?!?!?!? Plz fix

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Nvm works now

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

works!!! Thanks :laugh: :good: :good: :good:

---------- post added at 07:57 am ---------- previous post was at 07:35 am ----------

wait no... Prf lock?!?!?!? Plz fix

---------- post added at 08:19 am ---------- previous post was at 07:57 am ----------

nvm works now
no it doesnt again

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Nvm works now

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

no it doesnt again
N e v e r m i n d

If it doesnt work then just go to settings turn on oem unlock and usb debug (if already on just tap again) then reboot. Then reboot to twrp and BOOM it works :D

KANSRVERO

Dec 24, 2012
So, I have been searching for a way to get TWRP working for bloody ages!
Every single Image, Tar and MD5 wont work apart from these ones!

I found these on another thread but its buried in other replies so im here to share it in a Thread so people can actually find them.
It bypasses the whole "SEANDROID IS NOT ENFORCING" crap and brings you right into TWRP!

Credit: am0n666
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=84202
Enjoy!

Excellent, great contribution.

Vukasin89

Jan 23, 2018
Kursumlija
Hello guys can you help me, is flashing recovery getting bootloader unlocked? I need to install some custom rom, on stock rom I have problem, cannot recive sms messages. My phone is rooted, bootloader locked, 5.1.1. android version.

Atronid

Jul 3, 2017
Hello guys can you help me, is flashing recovery getting bootloader unlocked?
No, it's the contrary. You need to unlock your bootloader to flash a recovery.
I need to install some custom rom, on stock rom I have problem, cannot recive sms messages. My phone is rooted, bootloader locked, 5.1.1. android version.
Which brand and model name please?
Assuming that because you posted in SM-G361F thread it's your phone model, you may enable developer mode from the settings of your phone then in this developer tab tick the option "Allow device to OEM unlock" on.

To enable developer mode go to your settings >> Device Information then spam click the baseband tag until you get the toast "Developer mode enabled".
Once all of this done you can flash a custom recovery with Odin and the Download mode of your phone (VOL down+Home+Power buttons when phone off)

Still assuming your device is a SM-G361F, be careful. There is no known developed custom ROM for this model now. So think twice before potentially breaking something.

If you can't receive any SMS first go to your mobile carrier to check if your SIM card is good and there's not someting wrong with them. Then if you're sure it's your phone that got the problem I advise you to reset or reflash it using a stock or eventually pre-rooted ROM.
Finally if it still not work take it to your device manufacturer or buy another one.

Last edited:

Vukasin89

Jan 23, 2018
Kursumlija
Yes I am using sm-g361f version. Hmmmm, I have done everything, enabled OEM unlock, downloaded both TWRP versions but neither worked, I got result ERROR: Protocol initialisation failed! By the way I'm using Linux and Heimdall, followed instructions from youtube tutorial but...

Atronid

Jul 3, 2017
Yes I am using sm-g361f version. Hmmmm, I have done everything, enabled OEM unlock, downloaded both TWRP versions but neither worked, I got result ERROR: Protocol initialisation failed! By the way I'm using Linux and Heimdall, followed instructions from youtube tutorial but...
Sorry, where do you get this error? I am a bit confused.

Atronid

Jul 3, 2017
I installed TWRP and booted into it and got this https://drfone.wondershare.com/images/article/2017/07/factory-reset-protection-3-6.jpg but I could not install supersu.zip to root phone. Later I rebooted phone and tried to enter TWRP again but got message that custom binary is blocked by FRP. What wrong have I done?

What you got here is actually the STOCK recovery. So this means the install of TWRP failed.
Furthermore, the phone detected that you flashed something and locked to prevent "suspicious activity" like this.
FRP lock is the basic protection of Google to prevent somebody to flash something (system, recovery...) to overwrite your actual system and break into the phone.

To get out of this mode the only way I see (because I got stuck in this situation also) is to reflash the system with your STOCK (basical) firmware.
Do it near of your home, maybe it's because you performed the flash away of where you go usually that your phone triggered FRP lock (or for other reasons, I don't know that much about the FRP security...)

If the reflash of your stock firmware fail (this should not be the case) then I'm sorry but you'll maybe have to reset your phone to get it back to its functionnal state...
But, don't go too fast. First perform the reflash of your stock rom.

Then if you succeed, check if OEM unlock were effectively on (that may be the trick) and you should also manage to unlink your Google account from your phone not to be bothered by the fu... FRP lock again.

Last edited:

Feramance

Jul 7, 2017
Custom ROM issues

I'm trying to install a custom ROM on my SM-G361F using your unofficial recovery as it's the only one that's worked for me, however when I try to install a custom ROM I get an error stating that my device name is " ."

That's right there's no name. Is it possible to re-upload the recovery with this issue solved, as it's the only way I'll be able to install a custom ROM

Thanks,
Feramance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I have been searching for a way to get TWRP working for bloody ages!
    Every single Image, Tar and MD5 wont work apart from these ones!

I found these on another thread but its buried in other replies so im here to share it in a Thread so people can actually find them.
    It bypasses the whole "SEANDROID IS NOT ENFORCING" crap and brings you right into TWRP!

Credit: am0n666
    Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=84202
    Enjoy!
    I must use Odin to install this file? Do you have some instructions for this? Thx
    Yes you must use Odin. Here are the steps.
    1) Download Odin.
    http://dl.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.11.1.zip

2) Extract it from the zip and open it.

3) Boot your device into Download Mode by powering it on and holding the HOME + Volume DOWN buttons. Once there, hit volume UP one time to confirm.

4) Connect phone to pc and wait until Odin recognizes it.

5) Add the TWRP tar file to the AP slot of Odin.

6) Click the start button and just wait until it reboots the device.

7) Afterwards, to boot into TWRP, just power on the device and hold the HOME + Volume UP buttons. Don't use any other method for entering recovery(like selecting "reboot to recovery") on this device or you may get stuck in a recovery loop.
    Hello guys can you help me, is flashing recovery getting bootloader unlocked?
    No, it's the contrary. You need to unlock your bootloader to flash a recovery.
    I need to install some custom rom, on stock rom I have problem, cannot recive sms messages. My phone is rooted, bootloader locked, 5.1.1. android version.
    Which brand and model name please?
    Assuming that because you posted in SM-G361F thread it's your phone model, you may enable developer mode from the settings of your phone then in this developer tab tick the option "Allow device to OEM unlock" on.

To enable developer mode go to your settings >> Device Information then spam click the baseband tag until you get the toast "Developer mode enabled".
    Once all of this done you can flash a custom recovery with Odin and the Download mode of your phone (VOL down+Home+Power buttons when phone off)

Still assuming your device is a SM-G361F, be careful. There is no known developed custom ROM for this model now. So think twice before potentially breaking something.

If you can't receive any SMS first go to your mobile carrier to check if your SIM card is good and there's not someting wrong with them. Then if you're sure it's your phone that got the problem I advise you to reset or reflash it using a stock or eventually pre-rooted ROM.
    Finally if it still not work take it to your device manufacturer or buy another one.
    N e v e r m i n d

If it doesnt work then just go to settings turn on oem unlock and usb debug (if already on just tap again) then reboot. Then reboot to twrp and BOOM it works :D
    Yup
    And sometimes FRP lock is also due to your Google Account attached to the device...
    Well I'm glad you resolved the issue ?
    Which magisk version did you flash?
    it says Magisk-master