Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[MOD][SWAP internal SD with external SD][SM-G355HN]

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 252

By Y300-0100, Senior Member on 2nd April 2015, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First why:
When I got this phone I was disappointed with fact that primary storage isn't switchable and free user data space is approximately 2.2 GB. Which means that all application data goes to internal storage so it is impossible to use apps like Need for Speed, Navigation app, ShowBox and others. I believe you all find that annoying.
After I saw @Dhruvit Pokharna topic I started to poke a little bit over XDA and I noticed that this was done before ( back in 2012 ) and with various Samsung phones. So I decided to change and adapt script for our phone. Original script was created by @mattiadj from whom I still waiting for permission to change script and to publish it. But I'am going to do it anyway.

What the script do:
It swipe internal sd (/storage/sdcard0) with external micro sd (/storage/extSdCard) and viceversa.
"With this you can use default internal sd only for app storage and the external sd to store all apps resource and all others stuff"

required:
- root
- custom recovery
- kernel with init.d support
- BusyBox-v1.23.0-Stericson
- swap_intsd2extsdcard_SM-G355HN

How to and why:
Before installing swap if you moved some apps to sd move it back to phone to avoid conflict of course.
1. Root your phone first
2. Install custom recovery *(here or here)
3. Make a backup. Just in case of zombie attack *
4. Install kernel with init.d support *(here or here)
5. Install BusyBox-v1.23.0-Stericson.zip (flashable provided below )
6. Install swap_intsd2extsdcard_SM-G355HN.zip (flashable provided below)
7. Why * because you have choice

That's it. Your external sd is internal now and you can enjoy your big internal memory.
If you want to reverse it simply go to /system/etc/init.d delete 11extsd2internalsd and reboot your phone.

credits
@mattiadj and @mike1986.

Some screenshot just for you to see switch and mount points:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-02-19-31-53.png
Views:	6046
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	3241903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-02-19-32-12.png
Views:	5996
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	3241905  
Attached Files
File Type: zip BusyBox-v1.23.0-Stericson.zip - [Click for QR Code] (616.2 KB, 3048 views)
File Type: zip swap_intsd2extsdcard_SM-G355HN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.2 KB, 4866 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Y300-0100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y300-0100 Ad-Free

2nd April 2015, 09:21 PM |#2  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 19

More
man help me.
i have some huge games, wild blood, modern combat 3.
i use the gl to sd to link the data,obb in sd.
and
what should i do to these data,obb in sd to flash the int2ext?
edit: can i use that in 355m?
2nd April 2015, 09:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Podgorica

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindher

man help me.
i have some huge games, wild blood, modern combat 3.
i use the gl to sd to link the data,obb in sd.
and
what should i do to these data,obb in sd to flash the int2ext?
edit: can i use that in 355m?

Tutotial is simple. Step by step.
I don't see reason why you can't use this if your Phone has same spec as mine .
Check with root explorer following :
/storage/sdcard0
/storage/extSdCard
/dev/block/vold/179:129
If this is it you're good to go..

And for your existing game data just copy it after at proper place

Here is whole script:
Quote:

mount -o remount,rw /
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:129 /storage/sdcard0
sleep 30
mount -o bind /data/media /storage/extSdCard
chmod 777 /mnt/extSdCard
sleep 10
chown 1023:1023 /storage/extSdCard
chown 1000:1000 /storage/sdcard0

The Following User Says Thank You to Y300-0100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y300-0100 Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 05:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
please help my. I cant install any apk whith is not from play store. why.? when I try to instal any apk it shows just " not installed " and manage files trought any file mananger is almost impossible to understand where is right place for files which I looking for.
for example where it install games trought play store.?
I done all step by step without any issue. all things instals, flashes very well.
and without these problems all worked good..
thanks for helping and sory for my very bad english..
4th April 2015, 06:43 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Podgorica

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihards23

please help my. I cant install any apk whith is not from play store. why.? afret I try to instal any apk it shows just " not installed " and manage files trought any file mananger is almost impossible to understand where is right place for files which I looking for.
for example where it install games trought play store.?
I done all step by step without any issue. all things instals, flashes very well.
and without these problems all worked good..
thanks for helping and sory for my very bad english..

Install applications from play store goes to default internal memory without problem.
When you have downloaded apk from some other site only way for now is to copy it to /data/app than change permission and owner and install it from there. I still didn't figured it out why is that only way for download and backuped apks.
Regarding data app I think you mean what was asked in second post. If you used link2sd or some similar app after swaping just check are data and obb are stored under folder /Android in your external SD so that you could use your saved apps resources.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y300-0100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y300-0100 Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 07:45 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Podgorica

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y300-0100

Install applications from play store goes to default internal memory without problem.
When you have downloaded apk from some other site only way for now is to copy it to /data/app than change permission and owner and install it from there. I still didn't figured it out why is that only way for download and backuped apks.
Regarding data app I think you mean what was asked in second post. If you used link2sd or some similar app after swaping just check are data and obb are stored under folder /Android in your external SD so that you could use your saved apps resources.

Maybe this video will clarify procedure because my English terminology is not good.

http://youtu.be/TrlEz-R6uMA
4th April 2015, 08:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

thanks alot man..
now I instal apk withot problem.
Thanks bro for your awesome work.
The Following User Says Thank You to rihards23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rihards23 Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 01:26 PM |#8  
Flag ·
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Hi!

File Commander shows the swap (a lot of memory as device memory) and a little amount (the internal, as sd card memory), but when I get into app administration it only shows the small amount of memory as the avaible for applications, I've tried downloading some apps after the process just to see if that amount was static but it keeps going down with every app, so I guess it isn't working, or only games and apps which use large amounts of memory are saved at the external storage?

Edit: I can't neither nstall apps directl from the storage, just from the play store.

Thanks!
7th April 2015, 11:23 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Podgorica

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korelev

Hi!

File Commander shows the swap (a lot of memory as device memory) and a little amount (the internal, as sd card memory), but when I get into app administration it only shows the small amount of memory as the avaible for applications, I've tried downloading some apps after the process just to see if that amount was static but it keeps going down with every app, so I guess it isn't working, or only games and apps which use large amounts of memory are saved at the external storage?

Edit: I can't neither nstall apps directl from the storage, just from the play store.

Thanks!

Aps must be install in real internal sd card. U got 2.2 GB.
All aplication data ( data and obb ) goes to micro SD card.
Procedure how to install non play store app 2 post up and video tutorial is also up.
8th April 2015, 11:48 AM |#10  
Flag ·
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:

Aps must be install in real internal sd card. U got 2.2 GB.
All aplication data ( data and obb ) goes to micro SD card.
Procedure how to install non play store app 2 post up and video tutorial is also up.

I see, just installed a game and it's working, thanks!

I found something, I don't know if it is a bug or me doing something wrong, any app that messes with the identity of the phone doesn't seems to work. I've tried with "Tablet Metrics" module with the xposed framework and Rom toolbox lite, also doesn't work changing the device id.
12th April 2015, 06:08 AM |#11  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks alot. I love this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
extsdcard, int2ext, internal, mod, sm-g355hn

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)