FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't flash stock rom

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Alan Raju, Junior Member on 14th February 2018, 03:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi developers
I got a samsung GT-I8262 from my uncle. When power on it shows 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again'. I can't connect my devices to kies. I can't even get in recovery mode of my devices.
Then I tried to flash stock rom through odin. But it shows:
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I8262XXBNC1_I8262ODDNC1_I8262DDNB1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> boot.img
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/009> recovery.img
<ID:0/009> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/009> FAIL!
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

I tried many roms but it wont install. All of them failed after ' <ID:0/009> system.img.ext4 '.
I tried to flash PIT file for my devices. But nothing happens to my devices.
Then I tried to flash TWRP recovery through odin. Odin shows Pass message but in my phone screen it shows 'secure: signature verification failed.
Guys please help me to solve this problem.
Hopefully.

19th February 2018, 09:14 AM |#2  
Flag Mumabi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
okay, just want you to check:-
  1. You are flashing the latest version of the software with correct country specified version.
  2. You are using proper USB cables.(sometimes flashing the ro isnt possible in some types of usb cables) so use a different one.
  3. Can you please link down the version of TWRP you are flashing.
  4. Also dont flash any custom rom randomly as most of them are made to be installed through recovery and not flashed via odin.

Make sure you have setup all the necessary drivers of Samsung to flash the ROM. just search through the forum, u will find some more detailed solutions. Dm me if you cant find.
20th February 2018, 12:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior01

okay, just want you to check:-
You are flashing the latest version of the software with correct country specified version.
You are using proper USB cables.(sometimes flashing the ro isnt possible in some types of usb cables) so use a different one.
Can you please link down the version of TWRP you are flashing.
Also dont flash any custom rom randomly as most of them are made to be installed through recovery and not flashed via odin.

Make sure you have setup all the necessary drivers of Samsung to flash the ROM. just search through the forum, u will find some more detailed solutions. Dm me if you cant find.

I brought this phone from India. There are two Indian rom available for this device. I tried both but got error on my first post.
I tried many USB cables but it won't work.
I don't know the version of TWRP. But I searched TWRP for my device and downloaded it.
I installed all necessary drivers.
Guys please help me!!!!!
20th February 2018, 04:17 PM |#4  
Flag Mumabi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Recovery mode is accessed by buttons, so I don't get how u are not able to boot into recovery mode of u are able to put it phone on download mode.
23rd February 2018, 09:44 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior01

Recovery mode is accessed by buttons, so I don't get how u are not able to boot into recovery mode of u are able to put it phone on download mode.

I can get in download mode. But can't get in recovery mode. When I press power button+home button+volume up button, it again shows 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again'.
26th February 2018, 05:59 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Anybody please help me!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)