18.18%

[ROOT][SuperSu][NO KingUser] GC2 G355

479 posts
Thanks Meter: 317

By StratOS_HTC, Senior Member on 8th December 2014, 04:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings.

[Q]; Is it safe ? Yes it is.
[Q]: Will it work for my device ? Try it and U will find out ...
[Q]:Unroot possible ? Sure use option in SuperSu apk or better backup recovery/whole stock rom.

Since many users proposed to me to create a new thread for fullroot of Galaxy Core 2 phones ( some models ), I decided to do so.

It's made for stock recovery for Galaxy Core 2 and for latest update of it.
Stock recovery for G355HN and any other custom recovery.
GC2 stock recovery phones have not fully working SELinux recovery support and the CF instalation of SuperSu won't work. Read : it also work in permissive mode.

Custom Recoveries :
TWRP :
Original developed by @Y300-0100 http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...55h-m-t2998094
modded by @Dhruvit Pokharna http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-2-sm-t3013103
CWM :
Original developed by @cleverior.ipul http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...alaxy-t2990852

If you have working CWM / TWRP/ Mobile odin ( recovery with full SELinux support) you could use update script from ChainFire to obtain fullroot and install SuperSu or use latest update script by me.

What needed :
Galaxy Core 2 phone with android 4.4.2 able to goto stock/custom recovery, no other preroot attempts needed like preinstalled busybox,preinstalled init.d, because all this need the preroot access and installation.

This update zip is made specialy for G355HN devices. Tested on Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355HN on 4.4.2 Android on both stock roms available,
but it should work on some devices Galaxy Core 2 with stock/custom recovery.

How to :

Code:
1. Shut down your phone until last vibe ... it's OFF !
2. Enter stock recovery - hold 3 buttons (Menu + Power + Vol up)
3. After init select "apply update from external storage", press power button to enter
4. Select the previous downloaded zip . The file you have previously copied to extSdCard - and press power button ...
5. The script will run ...
6. If all goes ok, your phone should be rooted.
7. After boot android will upgrade - Superuser apk ask for update su binary.
8. No internet connection is neccessary for this step ... Select continue,normal way and wait for the success.
9. Hit thanks if it worked 4 you
Thanks for Superuser and binary goes to Chainfire

Powered by SuperSu !

And finaly :
About OTA updates and system status, CF Auto root options :

After rooting the device your system status will become custom ( Device status : Custum ).
You can check it in Odin mode ( download mode ), check current BIN and System status .

You can reset binary flash counter with Triangle Away but you cannot fool OTA update program so easy.

When you are rooted you can't check for updates OTA. There was a lot of chat about whether you had to defrost various apps etc. to fool the update feature. Using Wanam Exposed, under "Security Hacks" you get the option to change (fake) "System status" from "Custom" setting to "Official", and thus allowing you to check OTA using Samsungs update feature. Much easier than having to check Sammobile every day. Hope it helps someone.
... but the OTA removes root, so you have to root the updated version again. The almost same is with GravityBox.

CF auto root by Chainfire is still not available for GC2. Still waiting for it.

Any other posts regarding those 3 questions will be deleted by moderators.

Feel free to post any other questions and infos regarding rooting your devices and root feedbacks/errors.

Updates & version infos :

Hit thanks if it worked for you
Feel free to post feedback !
Attached files are fullroot files with su binaries and app installed ( version info included ).
SuperSu apk from ChainFire: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Updated 15.3.2015 : added 2.46 zip for any kind of recovery

Updated 29.3.2015 : SuperSu 2.46 - KingUser removal.zip for any kind of recovery
Added extra help for removing KingUser (4.0.0.) - To remove KingUser run '/system/bin/uninst_king.sh' with root perm
Fixed SU ddexe problems in install SuperSu
Updated removal of other root progs
This is only for GC2 phones !
KU (KingUser) removal
The uninst_king.zip contains uninst_king.sh for removing KU data and apps, you can manually uninstall KU via application manager.

Updated 2.4.2015
v2.47 by StratOS
- Improved SuperUser King removal
direct link to CF download TWRP - SuperSu 2.47

Updated 2.4.2015
v2.48 by StratOS
direct link to CF download TWRP - SuperSu 2.48

Updated 2.5.2015
New version of su binary
v2.49 by StratOS
direct link to CF download TWRP - SuperSu 2.49

Looking forward for more infos and feedback. Hit thanks if this is helpfull !
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to StratOS_HTC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StratOS_HTC Ad-Free
13th December 2014, 03:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi sir
hi good day Iam new here, I want to root my phone samsung galaxy core 2 duos (SM-G355H) 4.4.2 kitkat
Iam comfuse which version Am I going to use
this one - Fullroot_su_2.35_Samsung_Galaxy_Core_2
or
this - Supersu_2.39_StratOS in attachment

thanks and advance
14th December 2014, 08:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Celje

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisecure

hi good day Iam new here, I want to root my phone samsung galaxy core 2 duos (SM-G355H) 4.4.2 kitkat
Iam comfuse which version Am I going to use
this one - Fullroot_su_2.35_Samsung_Galaxy_Core_2
or
this - Supersu_2.39_StratOS in attachment
thanks and advance

They are all the same, accept version of su binary and application.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StratOS_HTC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StratOS_HTC Ad-Free
16th December 2014, 04:42 PM |#4  
Flag Tagbilaran City
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Hey man, i know this is an off-topic, the issue regarding rooting our device is that ,we cannot anymore update our phone. so i will share my experience after rooting my phone,so this is what happen,when i flash my stock ROM with the official firmware for galaxy core 2 duos(not from sammobile) my motherboard was damaged.the screen is dead but the phone is running but without display
16th December 2014, 06:14 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Celje

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by novhexzhen

Hey man, i know this is an off-topic, the issue regarding rooting our device is that ,we cannot anymore update our phone. so i will share my experience after rooting my phone,so this is what happen,when i flash my stock ROM with the official firmware for galaxy core 2 duos(not from sammobile) my motherboard was damaged.the screen is dead but the phone is running but without display

You can always update your phone via odin,kies or any other updates, only OTA updates are not possible - for now, accept if you flash stock and update it throught OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to StratOS_HTC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StratOS_HTC Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 01:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks sir
my phone is now rooted
28th December 2014, 04:26 PM |#7  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thumbs up
Thank you, thank you and thank you, thank you so much for doing this, you're awesome!

I've rooted my GC2 and it's awesome now.
3rd January 2015, 08:57 AM |#8  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Cool not worked for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratOS_HTC

Greetings.

Since many users proposed to me to create a new thread for fullroot of Galay Core 2 phones, I decided to do so.

It's fullroot edition powered by SuperSu, not kinguser.
The root for lolipop or any updates, custom rom will be made after the port/custom rom/update.

What needed :
G355.. phone with android 4.4.2 able to goto stock recovery, no other preroot attempts needed like preinstalled busybox,preinstalled init.d, because all this need the preroot access and installation.

This update zip is made specialy for G355H... devices. Tested on Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355HN on 4.4.2 Android,
but it should work on all devices Galaxy Core 2.
Initial support for Android 5 is enabled little more changing needed when the port or release will appear

How to :

1. Shut down your phone until last vibe ... it's OFF !
2. Enter stock recovery - hold 3 buttons (Menu + Power + Vol up)
3. After init select "apply update from external storage", press power button to enter
4. Select the previous downloaded zip . The file you have previously copied to extSdCard - and press power button ...
5. The script will run ...
6. If all goes ok, your phone should be rooted.
7. After boot android will upgrade - Superuser apk ask for update su binary.
8. No internet connection is neccessary for this step ... Select continue,normal way and wait for the success.
9. Hit thanks if it worked 4 you, you can update the su binary and apk throught Google Market

Latest superuser & binary - pseudo included in this update ( For lolipop 5 ). Still waiting for the Lolipop to come for our phone or at least port.