Display - PLS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors; 540 x 960 pixels, 4.5 inches (~245 ppi pixel density)
Internal Memory - 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
Connectivity - GPRS; EDGE; HSPA; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL; Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot; Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP; NFC;
Camera - Back: 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash; Front: 0,3 MP
CPU - Renesas MP5232 dual-core SoC (1,2 GHz)
Graphics Chip - PowerVR SGX544
Sensors - Accelerometer, proximity, compass
GPS - with A-GPS, GLONASS
LATEST STOCK ROM
Android OS, v4.2.2
Release date: August 2014
HOW TO ROOT
First of all: I am NOT responsible for any damage the following guides may do to your phones. Use them at your own risk! If you don't know what you're doing - stop! You have been warned.
Currently there is only one working root method (thanks to freb123 for letting me know!).
Root via Chimera tool
EDIT: You can now manually root your devices!
The necessary files can be downloaded from here: sendbox.fr/pro/yagmbf4ke22i/g386froot.zip.html (thanks to freb123 again for providing us with the files! )
These files can be flashed through ODIN and/or adb. The only thing you need to do is to change the file extension from .md5 to .tar (thanks to mstefanski1987 for figuring that out!)
Note: You still need to install supersu from Google Play after flashing.
Again: Use this at your own risk and only if you're completely aware of what you're doing.
Download ODIN 3.07: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kh...inguero_d+.rar
Download Samsung USB driver: http://developer.samsung.com/board/d...hId=0000000001
Requirements - Computer running Windows XP or above; Chimera Tool: https://chimeratool.com/application/142; All-in-one driver package: https://pics.chimeratool.com/drivers/chimera_drivers.exe; USB debugging enabled in phone
1. Download the linked packages
2. Install the drivers first and the program itself afterwards
3. Launch chimera tool
4. You will have to log in in order to proceed. To do so you'll need to sign up for a free chimera account here: https://chimeratool.com/register (this account expires after three days)
5. Connect your phone via USB with USB debugging enabled
6. If the phone is recognized correctly, the program will display your device model and five options (Info, Repair, Root/Unroot, Firmware Update and Factory Unlock)
7. Click "Root/Unroot"
8. The rooting process is automated so everything from 7. on should happen automatically. However, the program prompted me to manually enter download mode. If that's the case, simply disconnect your phone from USB, turn it off and enter download mode by following the on-screen instructions. After entering download mode reconnect your phone via USB and rooting should finish.
9. Since the program does NOT install supersu, you'll have to manually install it via Google Play.
10. That's it - your device is rooted!
CUSTOM ROMS & KERNELS
CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP,CWM)
Note: This thread will be updated as soon as I receive new information about the listed sections. If there is anything you wish to add or contribute (I'd love you to do that, believe me ) feel free to comment!