FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How can I save my phone book and messages if touchscreen doesn't work anymore

173 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By S3R6PH, Senior Member on 26th November 2017, 01:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I broke my GALAXY Fame's glass and my touchscreen doesn't work anymore. The glass on it is totaly broken but the LCD panel is alright. I would like to save my phone numbers and SMSes but the screen is not working. If I connect it with the kies the phone connects in the photo mode and not able to switch because of not working screen.
Already try with Dr.Phone and similar sh#t but it doesn't support my phone!

Anybody could help how could I save my numbers?

Thanks in advance!

30th November 2017, 10:12 AM |#2  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 151

Donate to Me
More
Can you not operate CWM using only the hard keys?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
1st December 2017, 03:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nové Zámky

More
No this phone doe NOT have a CWM no root nothing!

If I enter the recovery mode I only have:
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

and that's all! Would be possible to make a backup from the entire ROM what is on this phone? And so I would not lose the phone contacts and SMS....

Would be this somehow possible (via ODIN maybe)? Could somebody assist with that?
1st December 2017, 03:51 PM |#4  
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3R6PH

No this phone doe NOT have a CWM no root nothing!

If I enter the recovery mode I only have:
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

and that's all! Would be possible to make a backup from the entire ROM what is on this phone? And so I would not lose the phone contacts and SMS....

Would be this somehow possible (via ODIN maybe)? Could somebody assist with that?

Hold on, is it the Fame or Fame lite, because there was a time I was running CM 11 on my Fame. Can we get a model number?

1st December 2017, 03:57 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nové Zámky

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidKing18

Hold on, is it the Fame or Fame lite, because there was a time I was running CM 11 on my Fame. Can we get a model number?

yes. this is a GT-S6810P
1st December 2017, 04:02 PM |#6  
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yes. this is a GT-S6810P

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

[Wip] {PORT} CWM6 For Galaxy Fame GT-S6810P/GT-S6812 and GT-S6810

^^^ Looks about right to me

The Following User Says Thank You to DroidKing18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroidKing18 Ad-Free
1st December 2017, 04:19 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nové Zámky

More
Wait. This is a CWM for this phone! If I flash this it will factory reset the phone! Or?

I just want to save the phone numbers from this device in form of a cfv file or save the full ROM because the full display is broken and the touch is not working!

How can this CWM help me?
1st December 2017, 04:24 PM |#8  
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wait. This is a CWM for this phone! If I flash this it will factory reset the phone! Or?

I just want to save the phone numbers from this device in form of a cfv file or save the full ROM because the full display is broken and the touch is not working!

How can this CWM help me?

Flashing CWM shouldn't clear your phone. Have you backed them up before? I guess you can backup everything to an SD, or mount the partition they're saved in? There's definitely a way no move them to your SD or PC

1st December 2017, 04:30 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nové Zámky

More
Quote:

Flashing CWM shouldn't clear your phone. Have you backed them up before? I guess you can backup everything to an SD, or mount the partition they're saved in? There's definitely a way no move them to your SD or PC

NO! That's exactly my problem! I didn't make any backup before! So I am afraid to lose my data! By the way if I connect the phone with my PC computer it connects in photo mode and I cannot change because the display is broken! And KIES will also not detect because is in this stupid photo mode and I cannot change due broken display!
1st December 2017, 04:40 PM |#10  
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

NO! That's exactly my problem! I didn't make any backup before! So I am afraid to lose my data! By the way if I connect the phone with my PC computer it connects in photo mode and I cannot change because the display is broken! And KIES will also not detect because is in this stupid photo mode and I cannot change due broken display!

You should definitely be able to mount the right partition and save the data with cwm

The Following User Says Thank You to DroidKing18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroidKing18 Ad-Free
28th December 2017, 06:52 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nové Zámky

More
Quote:

You should definitely be able to mount the right partition and save the data with cwm

Hi. Its me again. I had lot of work but now I finally getting to this. I we downloaded the Odin3 v3.12.3 in zip. Also downloaded the [email protected]
I am good to go but the biggest issue is that I could not turn on the USB Debuging mode due the screen is cracked the phone is not reacting to nothing.

Do you have maybe another option for me?

Because I am a bit noob regarding the SAMU devices. I only rooted/unlocked sony devices which is much easier...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)