FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flashing CM 12.1 hangs on patching system image

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By eximiusnl, Junior Member on 16th January 2018, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am trying to flash CM 12.1 on a GT6810P. I followed instructions from the 1st post of the thread and everything works fine up to the point of flashing the zipfile of CM12.1. It progresses to "Patching system image unconditionally" and then nothing happens anymore. I tried both CMWR 6.0.5.1 as the latest TWRP. In CMWR the wire frame keeps rotating, but the process never finishes. I let it run for 1 hour and 45 minutes, but still no end.

Does anybody have any clue what is wrong or what I am doing wrong?

11th February 2018, 12:54 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
I discovered that above problem is only with the most recent release of the 8th of June '16. I was able to flash the second last release of the 18th of januari '16 without a problem. Pretty strange. Did anybody had the same problem as me?
12th February 2018, 03:00 AM |#3  

More
I had the same problem with cm-12.1-20160608-UNOFFICIAL-nevisp and after reading through the forums, I discovered that others did too.

I'm also using cm-12.1-20160118-UNOFFICIAL-nevisp, but I can't seem to use WhatsApp without the phone crashing every few hours.
CM11 had trouble playing videos in WhatsApp, so I moved to CM12. I still have not found a stable build that can do just Youtube, Whatsapp, and basic calls without crashing or poor performance. Have you tried the CM13 release by faizauthar12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eximiusnl

I discovered that above problem is only with the most recent release of the 8th of June '16. I was able to flash the second last release of the 18th of januari '16 without a problem. Pretty strange. Did anybody had the same problem as me?

23rd February 2018, 07:53 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangematter

Have you tried the CM13 release by faizauthar12?

Yes, I tried that one after I could not get cm-12.1-20160608-UNOFFICIAL-nevisp to work. But CM 13 is so slow that it is not usable and hangs on the Google login, so Play store does not work.

cm-12.1-20160118-UNOFFICIAL-nevisp seems to complain about the SIM and seems to expect a dual SIM phone. The last posts in the CM12.1 thread are related to this issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)