This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CyanogenMod 11 for the galaxy fame S6810/B/I/P/... S6812/B/etc... So these builds should work for all the fame devices NOT MEANT FOR ANOTHER PHONE THEN THE FAME.
This is only for testers who know how to report an logcat so we find out the problems why it won't boot and can fix those problems.
So it's not for daily usage yet, even if it boots.
WARNING: On some galaxy fame's the touchscreen fails to work after flashing this rom. This means that despite reflashing back there's no way to fix it as far as we know except for replacingthe digitizer.
Flash at your own risk.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards, * nuclear war, penguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed. * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard */
- Install a compatible custom recovery: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u...ew?usp=sharing
- Download the zip
- WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
- flash the rom zip from recovery
- Flash gapps package or light gapps.
- Connect your phone to your pc and use adb to logcat and report it here.
Download Site: TEST VERSION 0.8
Light gapps download:
How do I logcat?
See this thread how to logcat it's very easy, I suggest to be also newb friendly to use the logcat apps.
How do I enable Dual SIM?
To enable or disable, run the following command from adb or terminal emulator and then reboot. SIM Settings can then be found in Settings -> Multi Sim Settings.
Option 2 which is the fastest one is to check out this app made by @xenon92 it also has a nice UI, I hope it works on the fame else I will remove the link again:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
- Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
- "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
- The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
- There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
- Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
- Changing 2G/3G mode in Settings may show too many options if the language used is not English. If more than 3 options is shown, only use the 3 top options (which will be WCDMA only/GSM only/WCDMA preferred regardless of the actual label shown).
- 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
- Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
- Baseband version not displayed in Settings
front camera video FC & panorama mode for rear camera.
Feel free to report other bugs here But Logcat and send it else it didn't happend
If you can't import contacts from sim or you have other issues try to disable Dualsim
If you modified system with mods then you have to reflash those mods since Cyanogenmod wipes /system and it would replace the mods files probably which would cause the mods to not work properly anyway, so I decided to keep the /system formatting in the updater-script.
Don´t blame me that it doesnt fully work since there is no official or unofficial sourcecode on github except the one on my github.
And i don't own that device.
Cyanogenmod for their Branch
Dhinesh77 for his Corsica source which I use as base.
Pawitp for Patches
Xenon92 for collection and patch apply script
karthick mostwanted for some kernel tweaks/other stuff.
Corsicanu and Ramsudharsan for helping me/introducing me to the fame
All the beta testers and the fame community, I sadly can't note all the beta testers atm there are too many
Cyanogenmod 11, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Fame
Source Code: https://github.com/wulsic/android_de...amsung_nevisp/
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Custom Recovery, Galaxy Fame phone.
Based On: Cyanogenmod
Current Beta Version: 0.5
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-07
Last Updated 2016-02-26