FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Working rom galaxy fame lite

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ivankhalifaxd1, Junior Member on 26th September 2017, 10:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good afternoon, I thought to work a custom rom based on cyanogenmod 11 (cm11) @wulsic in the fame lite gt-s6790l, Some developer here could lend a hand since for this device there is no rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to ivankhalifaxd1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ivankhalifaxd1 Ad-Free

23rd October 2017, 11:08 PM |#2  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 2,320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivankhalifaxd1

Good afternoon, I thought to work a custom rom based on cyanogenmod 11 (cm11) @wulsic in the fame lite gt-s6790l, Some developer here could lend a hand since for this device there is no rom.

@ivankhalifaxd1 Sorry for the late response I'm busy with my school, internship, relationship and life things so I barely have time to work on it. I do know certain things,

The easiest and fastest way for a custom rom for the S6790 is ofcourse to debloat stock rom and tweak the stock kernel (Watchout this might be dangerous)
If the galaxy fame lite has multiple revisions watchout! I've also had some cases where the touchscreen stopped working as Samsung was such a DEV UNFRIENDLY provider by providing kernel sourcecode while sending out multiple revisions of the fame with same touch screen drivers, BUT probably found some cheaper way and or made some revisions a bit different while there source code matched when I compared it so put a notice if you start compiling such things and if people take the risk, well it got called development and a warning after all.

Since the Fame lite is pretty much different as it uses anoter chipset and I believe also another gpu it's not possible to use it sourcecode, maybe tiny bits if it equals much with things like ramdisk as budget models are mostly based of other budget models.
Fame lite uses BCM21654 chipset
Fame uses BCM21654G chipset
So there is a difference, the difference like with code god knows what as BCM21654G code is still disclosed and for jellybean etc it needs some dirty patches/back porting to get it working again.

My advice to save alot of unneeded efforts is to work together or politely ask as devs also have a life or he could also port it for you (Probably no). Find phones with the same chipset(bcm21654 SO NO bcm21654g to spare you some waste of time) and find out what custom roms exist and development and even contact the developer for further information/experiences.

Tiny bit of googling led to:
Similair devices Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus & Samsung Galaxy Music?
https://github.com/Alonso1398/androi...msung_coriplus
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...p?f=73&t=71136

For further help needed I can help but might not respond 24/7 depends on rom flashing and free days/vacations
It's 00:07 so I'm out a here enough xda 4 today
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wulsic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)