UAG Monarch case for fold

263 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By searley, Senior Member on 4th December 2019, 04:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2019, 08:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
thanks for showing this, i had no idea this even existed. i thought the spigen ones were the only ones available.

this is clearly the worst possible case for the fold.
i completely agree with everything said in the video.
10th December 2019, 03:51 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
it scratched my fold. do not buy. stick to spigen
1st February 2020, 12:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Saw this too late I'm afraid. Bought it via Amazon, it came from HK, needed to wait for customs to process (and charge an extra EUR17 or so) to then find out that the magnetic closure of the phone no longer works. Binned it. Shame.
8th February 2020, 08:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
After watching your video I actually bought the sockshock and using the fiber case
18th February 2020, 07:29 PM |#6  
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 780

More
Worst case out there. I got one and not only does the spine keep it from laying flat but it won't stay closed. What a POS. Getting returned. I usually like UAG cases but this one needs a total redesign.
19th February 2020, 09:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Why do you think the latter one is the better one in terms of the crash
21st February 2020, 09:07 PM |#8  
Flag New South Wales
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I completely disagree with these opinions.
I bought this case due to an overwhelming fear of any damages or dust to a phone clearly more fragile than a normal one.
I'm right handed, and the hinge cover that protrudes out the back when the fold is opened becomes a great handle to dig my fingers into when holding it with my left hand so my right hand can do all the typing. It can also now be laid on a flat surface and asked upwards to watch a video hands-free.

The bumper protection is solid, the camera bump is well safe and it hasn't blown the size out so that the fold now feels clunky due to too much case.

The price is 30 dollars more than the spigen case, and for a lot of people I understand is prohibitive. But considering what we had to drop on the phone in the first place I wanted maximum protection. And I get it with this case.

However with both this and the spigen case I'm still taking it out once a day and checking for any dust that might get caught inside it and may work it's way into the hinge.
With or without a case there's the chance of foreign objects getting in, and that's no fault of the case design. We accepted this risk by buying a phone of this design and is up to us to be wary of all the issues.

Either way my vote is yes for this case. After a week it's quite solid, allows me to hold the fold a lot safer and I am confident in its protection.
22nd February 2020, 01:29 PM |#9  
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 780

More
I knew of the spine issue. If that was the only issue I would have kept it. The deal breaker for me was it would not stay closed. I agree it provides better protection that the Spigen thin armor. For the price, they could have done so much better. I have a UAG on all my other phones that one is available for. This is the only one I could not tolerate.

If it works for some, great! Just does not work for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)