FORUMS

Esim on the att lte variant

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By [email protected], Junior Member on 27th September 2019, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The 4g variant is supposed to have esim yet I do not see anything in the settings to allow adding a new service.. Any clue about esim functionality?
1st October 2019, 12:53 PM |#2  

More
I do not believe the U.S. version of the Galaxy Fold supports dual-sim; it only has one sim and it uses a nano-sim. Have you called AT&T to find out if there is in fact eSim support?
1st October 2019, 01:41 PM |#3  
Flag Tampa Fl
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
It definitely has an esim, you can see it imei in about phone.

Edit* That said i don't know how to use it.
1st October 2019, 02:24 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastibeta

It definitely has an esim, you can see it imei in about phone.

Edit* That said i don't know how to use it.

To activate it you would need to call your carrier and provide the eSim IMEI number to them. The phone may support eSim but AT&T itself might not. I'd like to know though if they do coz' that's the only reason why I haven't purchased that phone yet. Other specs I read mentions both eSim and Nano Sim and calls it "Dual Sim" but for some reason for the Folds Best Buy and AT&T only labels it as "Single Sim". Samsungs USA website does the same thing but their international sites identifies the phone as eSim and Nano sim capable.
1st October 2019, 10:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I believe all Fold LTE versions has the same hardware and only difference are carrier supported features.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nunyabiziz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nunyabiziz Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 10:44 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz

I believe all Fold LTE versions has the same hardware and only difference are carrier supported features.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

I know they don't plan on releasing the 5G version in the U.S. and only the LTE version but you are probably correct with your statement. The U.S. LTE version could be the same as the ones they are releasing across the world and supports dual sim but AT&T might not just support it. I guess will know for sure when someone calls AT&T's support and attempts to enable the eSim feature. I personally got mixed answers from reps at the stores as they are not too familiar with the Fold's feature yet. If it was a cheap phone I'd probably still try and take my chances but for a $2,000 phone I'd like to know for sure first that I can use the eSim and Nano sim on it and have two lines running before buying one.
2nd October 2019, 03:12 AM |#7  

More
We got our answer! Published just hours ago at PCMag: https://sea.pcmag.com/smartphones/34...ng-galaxy-fold

"The Samsung Galaxy Fold is available unlocked directly from Samsung Experience stores and some Best Buy locations, as well as locked to AT&T from some carrier stores. It works on all US networks and supports LTE bands 2/4/5/7/12/13/14/25/26/30/38/41/66/71. There's a nano SIM slot as well as an eSIM, though Samsung states the eSIM is only compatible with European carriers at this time"
3rd October 2019, 12:44 AM |#8  

More
There has to be a way to activate it, I wonder if we can find the info somewhere
3rd October 2019, 06:21 AM |#9  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 6,329

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycashman

There has to be a way to activate it, I wonder if we can find the info somewhere

Good luck with "messing up the firmware" of you expensive Fold...

Just accept e-SIM is not activated in the US!
3rd October 2019, 08:01 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycashman

It won't hurt nor will it mess up your phone to try. T-mobile supports eSim for both postpaid and prepaid customers, Verizon supports it for postpaid, and AT&T (I believe) supports it for both prepaid and postpaid too. But since AT&T carries the Fold there may be a chance that it won't work with them. All they need is the IMEI of the eSim chip anyway, and all you need to do is provide it to them. If their systems accepts it then good but if not then you simply just continue using your nano sim.
29th November 2019, 05:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medyo

We got our answer! Published just hours ago at PCMag:

"The Samsung Galaxy Fold is available unlocked directly from Samsung Experience stores and some Best Buy locations, as well as locked to AT&T from some carrier stores. It works on all US networks and supports LTE bands 2/4/5/7/12/13/14/25/26/30/38/41/66/71. There's a nano SIM slot as well as an eSIM, though Samsung states the eSIM is only compatible with European carriers at this time"

Thats wrong. Bought a Sm-F900F (U.K.) version unlocked thru amazon for U.S. use and got esim setup for tmobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to CapitalCommie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CapitalCommie Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)