FORUMS

Dex finally works

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By samhall, Junior Member on 27th November 2019, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Following the US AT&T update I got yesterday, dex for pc is finally supported on the Fold!
The Following User Says Thank You to samhall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samhall Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 12:07 AM |#2  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,197

More
DeX or DeX for Windows? The former connects to an HDMI port on a monitor as an alternate input source and the latter connects to the DeX app running on a Windows PC via a USB-C cable. The U1 version got updated before the AT&T version and only allows DeX via HDMI.
28th November 2019, 03:14 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

DeX or DeX for Windows? The former connects to an HDMI port on a monitor as an alternate input source and the latter connects to the DeX app running on a Windows PC via a USB-C cable. The U1 version got updated before the AT&T version and only allows DeX via HDMI.

Dex for windows.
30th November 2019, 01:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not for everyone. There appears to be two versions of the November update. I have no idea the differences other than one having dex for windows and the other does not. Unfortunately I'm with the does not side
1st December 2019, 11:37 AM |#5  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,197

More
Color me skeptical. There's a DeX for PC app that needs to be installed on the phone for it to work. It's not installed on the U1 version and won't install when side loaded (it's on APK Mirror). AT&T disables a ton of Samsung features which is why I'm on U1 in the first place and I find it odd they'd be leading the way on DeX. DeX via HDMI works fine on U1 but DeX for PC is MIA. Can anyone else on the AT&T version verify DeX for PC (via USB C) works?
3rd December 2019, 12:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the AT&T version and Dex for windows is working great now. It did not work prior to the update.
14th December 2019, 08:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Latest update with the december security patch brings dex to the fold 5g in the uk
18th December 2019, 05:11 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Had an update mid-November on my ATT fold, flashed it to U1 firmware in October and still no DeX on PC.........
22nd January 2020, 02:58 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
ASL1.... still no dex for windows. Anyone have any idea how to get this enabled?
15th April 2020, 10:05 PM |#10  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sure you don't have DEX for Windows?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)