eSIM on F900F Fold Grayed

Search This thread

super_Ken

Nov 14, 2019
Just bought the Samsung Fold SM-F900F in India. Surprising, Samsung's India website states the phone supports both Nano SIM and eSIM. However, my phone has a grayed out eSIM IMEI on the about page under settings. I know with surety that it is not carrier locked. So my question is, if I flash my phone with a firmware from Sammobile for a different region such as France, Spain, Singapore, etc. Would it unlock the eSIM on my phone? Samsung's website says the following Countries and carriers support eSIM:

Australia: Optus, Telstra, Vodafone
Finland: Telia
France: Orange
Singapore: M1
Spain: Movistar, Orange
Thailand: AIS

I am assuming a firmware from any of these countries should also have an active eSIM profile.

At the moment, it doesn't even have the activate mobile plan and other menu options required to add eSIM profile under settings.

Also, its been a while since I played around with android phones. Are the firmwares provided on SAMMOBILE stock versions?

Thank you. Felt amazing to write my first post/reply.

anvesh3773

Nov 22, 2011
Hi, I also have the 900F the Indian unit with the esim option greyed out. I am assuming the same way you do if we flash an international F firmware we might get the esim functionality back. My local samsung dealer imported a phone from uae and the esim version is working in India on that unit. So an educated guess would be flashing that firmware and checking..

Myonemax

Dec 31, 2019
Sim card manager hidden

I have the same problem. I have f900f from Saudi Arabia
I try to add esim but sim card manager is hidden
I change my firmware to france and still have the same problem
Any body Know how I can slove this problem

hoangps

May 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Esim working on my fold F900F, Viettel carrier in Vietnam :D

R7R3ylC.png

agniprtrs

Feb 14, 2020
I am also searching for the dual sim option (esim is grayed) in Indian Unit. It is being so long time waiting for the solution. If anyone activated in Indian Unit, Please provide the solution.

syousry

Apr 14, 2020
I tried to download France firmware but nothing changed. Is it possible to share the steps you did to flash your device?

nitin1464

Aug 19, 2020
I have Fold %G Model no. SM-F907N. Samsung Service center told me its Korean model and same language in it. Also say KT twophone service.
Esim option is not visible - Sim Card manager not there.
Can anyone help me how to active esim on it.

rammy1991

Dec 4, 2012
Chandigarh
i have korean imported model SM-F907N, can i use indian firmware on it to use samsung pay and other features as its blocked right now and asking to insert korean sim card. please someone guide

vietamins

Oct 2, 2020
In the USA... my fold was initially greyed as well. After researching, I was able to contact AT&T whom said that the do support esim and could enable it. Would just need to talk to the instore sales rep and they should be able to provide you with a scanable q card.. once scanned, feature is enabled and sim slot is now freed up to use with another carrier. Not sure how other carrier works in other country

Jun 29, 2016
I had bought Samsung Galaxy fold from US (SM-F900U) and I came to Gulf but the esim is grayed and sim card manager is hidden. Please help me how to unlock, which country I should flash the firmware to use the esim.

Reactions: theunf
Jun 29, 2016
In the USA... my fold was initially greyed as well. After researching, I was able to contact AT&T whom said that the do support esim and could enable it. Would just need to talk to the instore sales rep and they should be able to provide you with a scanable q card.. once scanned, feature is enabled and sim slot is now freed up to use with another carrier. Not sure how other carrier works in other country
please proivde me the details of at&t representative

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had bought Samsung Galaxy fold from US (SM-F900U) and I came to Gulf but the esim is grayed and sim card manager is hidden. Please help me how to unlock, which country I should flash the firmware to use the esim.