Glass screen protectors

Search This thread

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
I dont see why it isnt possible for someone to make a screen protector that is split in two that fits on each side of the screen. This would eliminate the issues with being having to be gentle with the screen, as only the fold would be at risk of scratching and denting.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
I now see that this would probably be pretty distracting seeing those edges of the protectors in the center of the screen. Even the fold is visible sometimes. So yea, carry on :)

Haxomen

Aug 7, 2014
I now see that this would probably be pretty distracting seeing those edges of the protectors in the center of the screen. Even the fold is visible sometimes. So yea, carry on :)
Its not just that, the plastic film on the foldable led screen is not designed for an adhesive, and the hinge is not designed for a bigger gap that the additional few mm of the glass would create. Samsung would encourage people to use one if the design allowed it in the first place

Reactions: seh6183

evoguru

Aug 30, 2010
tacoma wa
I used one available on ebay. It's a soft flexible plastic material. Kinda self healing. Had it on for 2 months and removed it just fine with no damage to the actual screen at all. Replaced it with a new one and the original screen is still perfect underneath. I'm not afraid to use it without washing my hands first now. Lol

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
I used one available on ebay. It's a soft flexible plastic material. Kinda self healing. Had it on for 2 months and removed it just fine with no damage to the actual screen at all. Replaced it with a new one and the original screen is still perfect underneath. I'm not afraid to use it without washing my hands first now. Lol

Lol I love this response. Can you link me to the ebay ad?

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park

Lol I love this response. Can you link me to the ebay ad?

Yes please provide a link! I've been wanting to use a screen protector since day one.

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
Is your screen protector scratch resistant?

In this video the healing shield screen protector seems nice. Made in Korea.

https://youtu.be/MjYNWqVIUp

The rest are made in China which may not be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That video doesn't show any results for me. But yes it is self healing, has a bit of a rubberized texture, like a zagg but thinner. I've only tried scratching it with my fingernail so not too great of a test. But overall you can't even tell it's on there so I'm happy with it. My device feels more secure.

Top Liked Posts