Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Gearweb internet browser?

1,370 posts
Thanks Meter: 316

By deadlocked007, Senior Member on 16th August 2014, 05:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So i found this app which lets you share web pages to your gear and you can click on links and they will load and stuff but it is very primitive. So i was wondering if this could be taken a step further by the brilliant minds of xda and be made into a full web browser? Id be will to put down money as a bounty too.

16th August 2014, 07:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked007

So i found this app which lets you share web pages to your gear and you can click on links and they will load and stuff but it is very primitive. So i was wondering if this could be taken a step further by the brilliant minds of xda and be made into a full web browser? Id be will to put down money as a bounty too.

Try the app in the playstore called "ScreenShare". I think you'll find it will do what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Artimis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Artimis Ad-Free
16th August 2014, 11:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale Heights

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimis

Try the app in the playstore called "ScreenShare". I think you'll find it will do what you want.

Wont work my gear is running tizen. 2 hour battery life doesnt cut it for me lol i need something to entertain me at work
17th August 2014, 12:17 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Wont work my gear is running tizen. 2 hour battery life doesnt cut it for me lol i need something to entertain me at work

It's funny everyone says this. I must have lucked out. I'm running null_23, have been off the charger for 6 hours and have been using my gear considerably for the notifications all day and I'm at 98%.

Guess everyone's device is different but even with very heavy use, my gear has never dropped below 60% after a 16 hour day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Artimis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Artimis Ad-Free
17th August 2014, 12:18 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale Heights

More
Quote:

It's funny everyone says this. I must have lucked out. I'm running null_23, have been off the charger for 6 hours and have been using my gear considerably for the notifications all day and I'm at 98%.

Guess everyone's device is different but even with very heavy use, my gear has never dropped below 60% after a 16 hour day.

Are you running the custom kernel or? Could you give me your specific options you chose in aroma?
17th August 2014, 06:33 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Are you running the custom kernel or? Could you give me your specific options you chose in aroma?

I'm running the triangulum kernel bundled with the ROM as an aroma option. I have it set for min =200, max=1300, pegasusq governor, and deadline scheduler. I don't remember all the specific aroma options I choose but I think I installed most things. I run Nova launcher and used titanium backup to backup the touchwiz launcher for later use (just in case) and then uninstalled it as I feel it uses resources and drains the battery whether it is being used or not. I also disabled all of the samsung clock widgets (since many start running for no reason), voice memo, weather, some live wallpapers, and email/exchange services.

I use Digiclock widget on my home screen for the time because it is reliable, configurable, and resizable so I can have more than just a clock on a home screen. I've also use Xposed app setting to disable certain permissions from some apps to save on resources. I use tablet talk for SMS/MMS and built in notifications for everything else.

So far today, I've been 11hr 32min off the charger, 30min of screen on time, and still at 85% battery.

Hope this helps if you plan on tinkering
17th August 2014, 11:34 AM |#7  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Where did you find the app, I haven't seen anything in the Samsung store. If you could share the wgt file or point me to where to find it I'd be glad to have a look.

Off topic: I wish every thread about the gear could stop devolving into an argument of Tizen vs Android and battery life. There are specific threads for that and people will always have their own opinions. This thread is about Tizen gears.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app
17th August 2014, 07:51 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccan-two

Where did you find the app, I haven't seen anything in the Samsung store. If you could share the wgt file or point me to where to find it I'd be glad to have a look.

Off topic: I wish every thread about the gear could stop devolving into an argument of Tizen vs Android and battery life. There are specific threads for that and people will always have their own opinions. This thread is about Tizen gears.

This thread didn't mention Tizen at all and I assumed android. There is a great app for this for those running Android.

Personally, I don't care why people choose one or the other. Everyone has their reasons. I was asked to share my setup by the OP so I was happy to oblige as it is his thread.
17th August 2014, 09:40 PM |#9  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

This thread didn't mention Tizen at all and I assumed android. There is a great app for this for those running Android.

Personally, I don't care why people choose one or the other. Everyone has their reasons. I was asked to share my setup by the OP so I was happy to oblige as it is his thread.

I can understand that, I think we need some new forums added for Tizen specific and android specific discussions to stop the confusion. I mean we have a Tizen rom in the android dev forum. I think some sort of separation could help with the confusion and keep a lot of threads on topic rather than trying to figure out which os the op is using.

Back on topic, I have now found the app on the store and it does seem quite basic, the addition of an address bar and figuring some sort of way to get the images working properly would help.

I can take a look at the app in the sdk but I wouldn't feel right modifying it without the permission of the creator. Maybe we can contact the dev with some suggestions instead of trying to reverse engineer it. After all someone put the effort in to create it in the first place, it wouldn't be right to steal their work.

18th August 2014, 01:05 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Quote:

I can understand that, I think we need some new forums added for Tizen specific and android specific discussions to stop the confusion. I mean we have a Tizen rom in the android dev forum. I think some sort of separation could help with the confusion and keep a lot of threads on topic rather than trying to figure out which os the op is using.

I just sent a request for a sub forum to the Admin, I can't guarantee we will get one, but hopefully we do.

Chris
18th August 2014, 02:46 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale Heights

More
Quote:

Dont worry I actually was quite interested in finding out his rom setup lol no bad feeling here haha!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)