FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

what is the difference betwn Y type OTG and OTG pendrives..

237 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

Post Reply Email Thread
can any one plz tell me why us the duffrence between Y type OTG and OTG cable... bqz in blisspop ROM we got a new option OTG support but some devs are suggest me to UAE Ytype cable not directly access OTG pendrves so plz help me out...

17th November 2015, 06:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by in with suraj

can any one plz tell me why us the duffrence between Y type OTG and OTG cable... bqz in blisspop ROM we got a new option OTG support but some devs are suggest me to UAE Ytype cable not directly access OTG pendrves so plz help me out...

Ok i explain
Our grand 2 has hardware limitations i.e. grand 2 stock kernal and hardware does not has ability to recognize usb and give power to usb like pen drive but in bilsspop rom(not yet try otg) kernal support otg but our grand 2 hardware does not power usb (pendrive etc)
So using Y cable we can use otg in bilsspop on side of y cable is connect to grand 2 and othe point connect pen drive and 3 rd point of cable connect to our charger or pc usb usb hub so it power the pen drive
Where already otg pen drive does not has power so we can use that type of usb
I think this will help to understand to concept
Here is video to understand this will same for grand 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc7tlPwFQpg
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to android_smater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift android_smater Ad-Free
19th January 2016, 10:36 PM |#3  
Flag Baku
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android_smater

Ok i explain
Our grand 2 has hardware limitations i.e. grand 2 stock kernal and hardware does not has ability to recognize usb and give power to usb like pen drive but in bilsspop rom(not yet try otg) kernal support otg but our grand 2 hardware does not power usb (pendrive etc)
So using Y cable we can use otg in bilsspop on side of y cable is connect to grand 2 and othe point connect pen drive and 3 rd point of cable connect to our charger or pc usb usb hub so it power the pen drive
Where already otg pen drive does not has power so we can use that type of usb
I think this will help to understand to concept
Here is video to understand this will same for grand 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc7tlPwFQpg

Thank you bro

SM-G800H cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
23rd April 2016, 07:11 PM |#4  
Flag Ahmednagar
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Otg not support
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread