Tempered glass screen guard

405 posts
Thanks Meter: 116

By schubeir, Senior Member on 16th July 2014, 01:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

Please check the link

http://www.phonearena.com/news/PET-T...tector_id58204

Protection with a temper! Tempered glass (TG) screen protectors are the absolute best you can buy. Material-wise, a high-quality TG protector is multi-layered, usually starting with shock absorbent silicon on the bottom layer, followed by PET film, and an optically clear adhesive to 'sandwich' the previous two layers with the next two, which are tempered glass and oleophobic coating. All of this scratch, oil, and shock protecting goodness is compressed into a <0.4mm-thick sheet that's no harder to apply than a PET or TPU protector, and none heavier or otherwise obnoxious.

A glass protector is superior to its alternatives in every way. It has better light transmittance, making for a clearer display. It's anti-reflective and glare reducing. It has oleophobic coating, which heavily reduces fingerprints. It has the smooth feel of actual glass under your fingertips. Unlike Gorilla Glass 3, it resists sand scratches, making it the only viable option for beachgoers. And let's talk about shock protection. T-glass protectors boast a material hardness rating of 8H to 9H, meaning they are hard enough to resist scratches from anything that's not topaz or corundum (extremely hard aluminum oxide). Yet, they aren't completely shatter-proof. Since this is toughened glass we're talking about, in the event of a fatal drop, the protector will absorb all the damage and break into tiny shards. Chances are pretty good that your display will end up unscathed underneath. Thus, instead of having to replace the entire screen, you'll only have to get a new protector. Which is easier on both your soul and your wallet.

As you probably expected, tempered glass protectors are the most expensive kind. Most renowned brands can charge up to $40 for their products. And although that's money well spent if you are rocking an expensive flagship smartphone, excellent tempered glass protectors can be found for less than $15 online.

Available in india

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tempered-glas...p2054897.l5659

Click image for larger version

Name:	MG-0349.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	2854545

Please click on thanks!

schubeir
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to schubeir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schubeir Ad-Free

17th July 2014, 06:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
is it actually anti scratch and has anti glare?????? all of them have the same description, so its doubtful.....
18th July 2014, 07:29 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanviolin

is it actually anti scratch and has anti glare?????? all of them have the same description, so its doubtful.....

it is available for Rs 299 on ebay. no harm in trying it out! I will be ordering one after my next salary!

schubeir

P.S.

I got one from ebay. it promised me a sticker for the home button as well, which i did not receive. contacted ebay and they gave me a discount coupon of Rs 144 which i can use for future purchases!
tempered glass screen guard is working fine. had to remove it thrice as i was doing it myself and the placing was not dead center. no issues in removing and putting it back!!!

schubeir
26th July 2014, 07:16 PM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schubeir

it is available for Rs 299 on ebay. no harm in trying it out! I will be ordering one after my next salary!

schubeir

yeah,u can buy that its gud for the screen...!
7th August 2014, 12:31 PM |#5  
Flag itahari
Thanks Meter: 95

More
it is clear ?
is it clear ?while watching screen display is clear or not?
24th December 2015, 06:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is it clear ???
25th December 2015, 07:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Its to much expansive in ebay i buy i from local mobile shop for onlyRs70(indian rupee) and using it from last 3 month its amazing
27th December 2015, 08:04 AM |#8  
Flag Jessore
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i have bought this glass only 2$ from Bangladesh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)