[Stable][ROM][5.1.1][Lollipop]CM 12.1 Unofficial for Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102)

Search This thread

salmafridi

Feb 3, 2017
TWRP custom grand 2 7102

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
8w6g8sldaidqs0nzg.jpg

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 device-specific source code :
Device: https://github.com/mukulsoni/android_device_samsung_ms013g
https://github.com/mukulsoni/android_device_samsung_ms013g
Vendor: https://github.com/mukulsoni/android_vendor_samsung_ms013g
Kernel: https://github.com/mukulsoni/android_kernel_samsung_ms013g

Please note that this ROM is currentely under development and here is for testing purpose only. Developers are welcome to join me to make this ROM stable/workable. Please PM me if you want to join.

Download ROM:-
See the Post # 2

Not Working:-
  • Off mode charging
Working :-
  • Everything
Please note, this is a development thread and restricted for ROM development issues posts only. Use Q&A thread for all your general queries

(PLEASE POST BUG WITH PROPER LOGCAT, DMESG OR DETAIL)

This ROM works only on SM-G7102 model, Please don't ask about other Grand 2 family devices

Installation :-
  • Should have Kitkat firmware preinstalled
  • Download ROM and GAPPS (link post #2) and save it to external sdcard root directory
  • Reboot device into recovery http://www.mediafire.com/download/dx2mm590clsynzt/CWM-6.0.5.1-mukul.zip or any existing KITKAT supported Recoveries (CWMod 6.0.4.8 + or TWRP 2.7 + or Philz)
  • Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
  • Format System and Boot
  • Select Install ROM from External SDcard
  • Install GAPPS from External SDcard
  • After successful installation, reboot device
  • First boot will take 2-3 minutes time
  • Voilla!!! You have a lollipop in your hand now. ;)
Upgrading Versions :-
  • Download ROM (Obviously)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • DON'T WIPE DATA OR FACTORY RESET
  • Wipe only cache and dalvik
  • Flash rom and reboot
  • Done.

Developer
mukulsoni
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
Based On: CyanogenMod
Version Information

Credits :-

If you like my work and want to support it, please Donate. Click "Donate to Me" button on the left panel. Please consider my hardwork by donating, It's always motivating me work more harder ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
[Stable][ROM][5.1.1][Lollipop]CM 12.1 Unofficial for Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

Contributors
mukulsoni
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat base
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-22
Last Updated 2015-10-27
sir i installed TWRP Custom at my andriod rooted mobile. after suscful flashing twrp on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 Kitkat 4.4.2 by odin the twrp recovery mode And andriod mobile own recovery mode not showing direct show downloading mode, i am try the volume Up, power , And Home keys for recory mode but not show recovery mode.
please sir help me

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

sir i installed TWRP Custom at my andriod rooted mobile. after suscful flashing twrp on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 Kitkat 4.4.2 by odin the twrp recovery mode And andriod mobile own recovery mode not showing direct show downloading mode, i am try the volume Up, power , And Home keys for recory mode but not show recovery mode.
please sir help me
Bro you try recovery app from play store
It will work for you

Lucasasafe

Nov 24, 2015
Send me cm11

Well actually the Brazilian version of SM-7102 is the exact same phone, only difference is the Digital TV feature, which I do not use and I don't have any problems in losing it. Also I said that I tried CM11 and it didn't work as well. Are you sure that SM-7102T has something to do with this issue? Even the CWM said that is the same device. I've got status 7 error in my first attempt and is said something like "This rom is for the device X. This device is X (the exact same model).
Can u pls send me that cm11 that works on G7102t

LuciferASK

Sep 29, 2017
Installed The ROM

I switched off my grand 2
then connected my charger
it automatically switched on!!
so charging is aso difficult
plz help
camera also crashing when trying to take panoramic shots

ahmedhalim

Dec 14, 2017
It worked perfectly except when I tried to install apps like Anghami or Spotify , the phone froze for a second and then rebooted
and I got " Android is starting -optimizing apps " screen .
I wiped, did a clean install, tried to install The same app and it happened again.
so is this a bug or what and how can I fix it ?
Please reply

khatrihrithik

Feb 14, 2018
Snapchat isn't working in this ROM
Phone restarts if we open it after installation or just after installation...
settings too stopped working
App setting stopped working(after installing snapchat)
Even mic and speaker stopped working while call
Can you please help me to flash stock ROM without PC Odin or keys n all?

Last edited:

khatrihrithik

Feb 14, 2018
It worked perfectly except when I tried to install apps like Anghami or Spotify , the phone froze for a second and then rebooted
and I got " Android is starting -optimizing apps " screen .
I wiped, did a clean install, tried to install The same app and it happened again.
so is this a bug or what and how can I fix it ?
Please reply
Same happened to me when I installed snapchat

Reactions: alirezahoooy

Top Liked Posts