Note that I do not intend to update this ROM often. The focus is on CM 12.1. For this ROM, I may release updates when new AOSP releases come out, but new features (not present in AOSP) will not be added and some bugs may not be fixed.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Compatibility patches are included in the device repository in the "PATCHES" folder. (Please give credit if you use them in your ROM and if you fix something, please submit patches.)
Google Apps: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use the ones marked "lpmr1")
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Dual SIM
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Video (playback & recording)
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under "known issues"
- FM Radio does not work
- Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
- Unable to un-pin screen without rebooting
- Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing
Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations:
- Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
- "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
- Make a backup!
- If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support (.tar) (.zip). Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
- Install the ROM
- Optionally install the Google Apps Addon
To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. You also need to flash Google Apps and other addons again because addon.d support is not included in this ROM.
20151010: Update to android-5.1.1_r22
20150828: Update to android-5.1.1_r12 (note: r12 is basically similar to r13, except they were released for different Nexus devices. I've based this on r12 so that upgrade from r5 works fine)
20150705: Update to android-5.1.1_r6 (note: requires wipe if upgrading from 20150626. For some reason, not all of android-5.1.1_r6 is newer than android-5.1.1_r5)
20150626: Update to android-5.1.1_r5
20150422: Update to android-5.1.1_r1
20150414: Update to android-5.1.0_r5
20150326: Update to android-5.1.0_r3, reduce backlight timeout to 2 seconds
20150315: Fix GPS status, bluetooth, Wi-Fi AP, crash when dialing from Contacts app
20150314: Initial release based on android-5.1.0_r1
Can you include the "ask first" option for sending messages?
The "ask first" option is not available in AOSP. However, you can select the SIM when you send the message if you use Google's Messenger app.
Sometimes the people on the other side of the call cannot hear me
The real cause of this is unknown, but this is often found with people using the I9082DDUBNB1 baseband/modem. Some people have reported that flashing a different baseband (e.g. I9082XXUBMK3) has resolved the problem. A collection of basebands can be found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496989. Or you can also try I9082LUBUBMK1 that I use.
How do I enable/disable Dual SIM?
Dual SIM support is enabled by default. If you only use 1 SIM and wants to disable Dual SIM support, you can use the following instruction:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
Battery Statistics shows that Wi-Fi is always on even though I've turned it off.
If you are using "scanning always available" in Advanced Wi-Fi Settings, then Wi-Fi will always be on to scan for available network to aid location discovery.
How do I enable root?
Root need to be flashed manually.
I'm having battery issues
After installing, my storage was reduced from 8 GB to 4 GB
You only have 4 GB for user data in the first place. The other 4 GB is used by system files. This is the same with stock as well. However, stock might have displayed it as "8 GB with 4 GB used by system files", but AOSP-based ROMs will only display the space available for user data.
Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
No. This ROM will have AOSP's feature set.
Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.
Can you include call recording?
What kernel does this ROM use?
A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.
I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.
Can I use your ROM as a base?
Most of Android is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given.
Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.
Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.
Can I mirror your ROM?
You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.
You may report bugs in this thread, note that I do not intend to update this ROM often and bug reports may be ignored. If you're looking for a ROM which is often updated, please use CyanogenMod.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Bug report format
What is your-- Phone model (I9082 or I9082L): Radio (baseband): ROM version: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: Dual SIM: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
- The CyanogenMod team for some of the compatibility patches used in this ROM
- My real-life friend for letting me borrow his phone to work on this
- RampantRhino for donating a phone to help me continue with this project
AOSP 5.1.1 for Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082
Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_de.../tree/aosp-5.1
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2015-10-09