Being a non-technical guy I didn't even know what these things are but still I followed everything as mentioned, and now I'm in love with my phone (i9082). It's super fast and loaded with bunch of amazing features.
Here's how I did everything, (if any non-techy like me is interested to know)
1. First of all I installed TWRP Custom Recovery Via Odin
2. Then Downloaded the Rom, G Apps, Kernal and Super User,.. Copied these things in external sd card storage and launched mobile in recovery mode.
3. Cleaned everything first via advanced settings (Except external storage) And flashed the Rom.
4. First boot took a few minutes, then again rebooted in recovery mode to flash G Apps and followed same steps to flash Kernal and Super User.
5. Extra Steps, I replaced some system apps like browser and messaging app with some others I prefer. You can install any Root Uninstaller App to remove system apps, provided that your phone is rooted .
6. If at any step you feel confusion you can simply search on youtube, I found many useful tutorials there. If while flashing the rom your phone gets restarted without complete installation, just reboot and start over again after cleaning everything again. If TWRP offers to install SuperUser, Never let it do that.
Result: My Galaxy Grand Duos got a new life today, everything is super fast. Calls, Messages, Wifi, Hotspot, Gallery Thumbnails, Camera and other things are working perfect. With root access Easy Screenshot is also working fine.
Many thanks to the developers, they deserve donations and alot of kisses
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|