Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2018, 10:21 AM |#91  
OP Member
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmuhammadsohaib

Hey @viplavrastogi, I am facing some difficulties regarding taking screenshots, either I use screenshot easy, the blank screenshot problem persists. Another thing I wanna ask is how could I change the shutdown animation of the OS and if I could use the default Samsung .qmg files for boot and shutdown animation?

cant say about the shutdown but yes u can change your boot animation with Samsung one go through the internet ways to change boot animation its a child play just need an animation and a es file explorer with root privilege

12th September 2018, 10:23 AM |#92  
OP Member
Flag delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmuhammadsohaib

Hey @viplavrastogi, I am facing some difficulties regarding taking screenshots, either I use screenshot easy, the blank screenshot problem persists. Another thing I wanna ask is how could I change the shutdown animation of the OS and if I could use the default Samsung .qmg files for boot and shutdown animation?

use previous version of screenshot easy and disable the auto update in play store as new screen record function creates problems with screenshot
26th September 2018, 04:38 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Videos not playing in browsers
. As a first time flasher, I am very pleased with the new lightness of my phone. Excellent ROM Vipul. Thanks for shareing. However, I am finding that videos will not play directly in browsers, fb, etc... unless downloaded. Only sound comes through. Only Chrome browser will work without any problems. Any solution as I do not want to keep chrome browser on my phone.
BTW Older version screenshot easy (without screen record) works fine.
2nd October 2018, 03:28 AM |#94  

More
roehsoft is not working mate
4th October 2018, 03:15 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey @viplavrastogi ,

What is the specific version of Screenshot Easy that should be used? I test some but had no luck to make it work.

Also is there any chance to implement kernel patches provided by Magisk so Magisk Hide and some other major functions of Magisk can work?
  • "Currently, devices running on a Linux kernel version lower than 3.8 are not able to use MagiskHide. However, kernel developers can backport the needed patches to these devices. Then, so long as the device in question is running a custom ROM based on Android Lollipop or higher, they can use the root-hiding tool. Any developers who want to look into backporting this feature should check out the Magisk thread below for the information located under “Notes & Troubleshoots.”"
    - https://www.xda-developers.com/magis...-kernel-patch/
  • "MagiskHide relies on ns proc mnt file descriptor introduced in Linux 3.8. Even if you are running a kernel lower than 3.8, it is very likely this feature is already backported. If your kernel lacks this feature, you can build (or ask your custom kernel dev) with some additional patches. The relevant patches are: set CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y in defconfig, and apply this patch. More info: Namespace file descriptors (2010 original article)"
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

This would be a huge deal for me and many users if you could do so! Thanks a lot!
12th October 2018, 04:15 PM |#96  
OP Member
Flag delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeneinbali

. As a first time flasher, I am very pleased with the new lightness of my phone. Excellent ROM Vipul. Thanks for shareing. However, I am finding that videos will not play directly in browsers, fb, etc... unless downloaded. Only sound comes through. Only Chrome browser will work without any problems. Any solution as I do not want to keep chrome browser on my phone.
BTW Older version screenshot easy (without screen record) works fine.

they appear black due to the white screenshots , my suggestion download and watch or if u want u can do one thing
there is one browser called "armorfly" search it on play store and it gives a brilliant feature of downloading any video
12th October 2018, 04:19 PM |#97  
OP Member
Flag delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetisTiger

Hey @viplavrastogi ,

What is the specific version of Screenshot Easy that should be used? I test some but had no luck to make it work.

Also is there any chance to implement kernel patches provided by Magisk so Magisk Hide and some other major functions of Magisk can work?

• "Currently, devices running on a Linux kernel version lower than 3.8 are not able to use MagiskHide. However, kernel developers can backport the needed patches to these devices. Then, so long as the device in question is running a custom ROM based on Android Lollipop or higher, they can use the root-hiding tool. Any developers who want to look into backporting this feature should check out the Magisk thread below for the information located under “Notes & Troubleshoots.”"
    - https://www.xda-developers.com/magis...-kernel-patch/
  • "MagiskHide relies on ns proc mnt file descriptor introduced in Linux 3.8. Even if you are running a kernel lower than 3.8, it is very likely this feature is already backported. If your kernel lacks this feature, you can build (or ask your custom kernel dev) with some additional patches. The relevant patches are: set CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y in defconfig, and apply this patch. More info: Namespace file descriptors (2010 original article)"
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

This would be a huge deal for me and many users if you could do so! Thanks a lot!

https://screenshot-easy.en.uptodown.com/android/old
download any u like and i look into the patch if i can modify it
14th October 2018, 02:00 AM |#98  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viplavrastogi

they appear black due to the white screenshots , my suggestion download and watch or if u want u can do one thing
there is one browser called "armorfly" search it on play store and it gives a brilliant feature of downloading any video

Thanks for getting back with the explanation and suggestions Vip. However, I am not to fond of cm or uc browsers (a bit too noisy for me). My solution up until a couple of days ago was to share the video links to YouTube go. It worked well on all browsers except my favourite, VIA. I did get it to work by installing an app linking app, but this work around was a bit messy. Then I stumbled upon New Pipe (YouTube browser/streaming/downloader) from Fdroid. I installed it and it showed up in the share choices in VIA. It works well enough for a lightweight at about 12.5Mb installed. I can clean out all the overburden now.
6th November 2018, 04:06 AM |#99  
Flag Kochi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This is the best Rom I've ever used
7th November 2018, 08:41 AM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
@viplavrastogi ,

Thank you so much for this great Viper OS ROM.
Look forward to the kernel patched to support MagiskHide!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)