[Q] G7102XXUBNG8 ROM for i9082

Search This thread

only1dil

Aug 16, 2014
I am just curious to know if grand 2 kitkat rom can be used for i9082 ? just a noob question .. i hope someone can throw a light on it.. and are there any other kitkat based rom for i9082 which has dual sim support ? Also any news on 9082 official kitkat update ?

Last edited:

dipeshpatel.1991

Feb 28, 2014
Bolpur - Santiniketan
Nokia 8.1
I am just curious to know if grand 2 kitkat rom can be used for i9082 ? just a noob question .. i hope someone can throw a light on it.. and are there any other kitkat based rom for i9082 which has dual sim support ? Also any news on 9082 official kitkat update ?

First of all is difficult to port grand 2's stock room for i9082. It's difficult not impossible.... Don't know if any developer working on it or not....... Grand i9082 has many dual sum supported custom roms..... Like cm 11,cosmic cm etc. Etc. They are much better than the stock rom..... Even better than tw kitkat rom..... So use any of them...

Hit thanks if it helps you......

Reactions: only1dil

only1dil

Aug 16, 2014
but does those rom work

First of all is difficult to port grand 2's stock room for i9082. It's difficult not impossible.... Don't know if any developer working on it or not....... Grand i9082 has many dual sum supported custom roms..... Like cm 11,cosmic cm etc. Etc. They are much better than the stock rom..... Even better than tw kitkat rom..... So use any of them...

But does the dual sim function works on those rom.. cuz most of them i've seen doesnt work.. there is extra code to be run eg. su:.... which they say isnt fullproof. and the reason i say grand 2 is cuz its a stock rom and has dual sim functionality inbuilt which many rom developers cant create since its proprietery

Last edited:

saaketp

Jan 4, 2014
Kharagpur
But does the dual sim function works on those rom.. cuz most of them i've seen doesnt work.. there is extra code to be run eg. su:.... which they say isnt fullproof. and the reason i say grand 2 is cuz its a stock rom and has dual sim functionality inbuilt which many rom developers cant create since its proprietery

The extra commands to edit build.prop were required in older versions of cyanogenmod as the developer wanted to make sure it works without any problems. After testing and feedback he enabled it by default in the new version as it works well. So in the newest versions you don't need to do anything after installing the rom to make dual sim work.

Reactions: only1dil

only1dil

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks a lot

The extra commands to edit build.prop were required in older versions of cyanogenmod as the developer wanted to make sure it works without any problems. After testing and feedback he enabled it by default in the new version as it works well. So in the newest versions you don't need to do anything after installing the rom to make dual sim work.

Thanks for the help buddy.. appreciate it. also can u suggest which is the best rom among the ones you mentioned above and do any if them provide ota updates ?

Last edited:

saaketp

Jan 4, 2014
Kharagpur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.