#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Duos are available from https://github.com/SamsungBCM-Grandneo
(For developers only - the patches are already included in the ROM)
Patch to system/core for RIL to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5372673.
Patch to hardware/broadcom/libbt for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891380.
Patch to frameworks/native to support legacy binaries: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891421
Patch to frameworks/native to workaround hwc issues: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/53162/ and https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891444.
Patch to frameworks/av to fix audio/video issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7945188
Patch to external/chromium_org to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7910708
Patch to packages/app/SamsungServiceMode to fix service mode: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/57400/
Dual SIM Patches: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/9433442
Patch to frameworks/opt/telephony to fix non-looping ringtone issue: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/0f400e7b5cfb9bc70c25
Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker
Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
Note: The ROM download page also provide a CWM-based recovery image compatible with CM 11 flashable with Odin.
- RIL ( SMS, Mobile Data)
- Dual SIM (Experimental - SEE FAQ)
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Camera (photo & video)
- Video playback
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under "known issues"
- incall audio not working ( mic and speaker)
- screenrecord does not work
- FM Radio does not work (you can use SpiritFM, but I'm not providing support for any problem)
- Stock browser does not use hardware acceleration (Please use Google Chrome)
- Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
- Cannot changed advanced settings from dialer settings (e.g. reverse lookup) when dual SIM is enabled
- Compass in "Sygic" app (works fine in other apps)
- Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing
Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations:
- Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
- "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
- The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
- There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
- Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
- 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
- Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
- Call logs doesn't know the incoming SIM
- Make a backup!
- If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to 4.2.
- Install TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
- Install the ROM using TWRP
- Optionally install the Google Apps Addon
- Wipe data if coming from stock
- Optionally enable dual SIM support (See FAQ)
To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again.
20141002: Initial release
How do I enable/disable Dual SIM?
Dual SIM support is enabled by default. If you only use 1 SIM and wants to disable Dual SIM support, you can use the following instruction:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
No. This ROM will have CyanogenMod's feature set.
Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.
Can you include call recording?
No. CyanogenMod does not include call recording to avoid potential legal issues.
Can you add Feature X to the stock ROM?
No. I don't work on stock ROMs.
What kernel does this ROM use?
A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.
I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.
Can I use your ROM as a base?
Most of Android/CyanogenMod is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official CyanogenMod. (In other words, you must say that it is based on pawitp's unofficial CyanogenMod, but is not related to CyanogenMod in any other way.)
Will you make this official CM?
Due to the amount of work and commitment involved, I am not planning to make an official CM port.
Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.
Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.
Can I mirror your ROM?
You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.
Will feature X from a previous version of CM be implemented?
I don't know, probably will be, eventually. I don't really involve myself in the feature-set side of CM.
Will you OTA support?
No. CM Updater is present on the device, but it only works for official devices. I'm not interested in adding an alternative update mechanism. If you want to know when a new ROM is released, follow the rss feed at http://goo.im/rss&path=/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0.
I cannot add APNs
Make sure you set the correct MCC/MNC code, the APN will not appear otherwise. Also make sure to use menu -> save (back button means discard).
Recovery asked me "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"
Short answer: "yes" or "no" doesn't matter
Long answer: Newer versions of CM starts including recovery with the ROM. However, this does not get flashed unless the "Update CM recovery" option in system settings gets ticked. If you say "no", the current recovery will not get overwritten (unless you enabled the "Update CM recovery" option), but it will continue prompting you every time. If you say "yes", CM's recovery flashing mechanism will be disabled until a newer version of the ROM is flashed.
I get "Throttle Limited Exceeded" or "We currently accept only US numbers" when an unknown number calls
It's a bug of all CM11 ROMs with the reverse lookup code in the dialer. You can work around it by
1) Disable dual SIM
2) Go to dialer settings and disable "reverse lookup"
3) Re-enable dual SIM
Does this custom kernel work? Does this app work on this ROM?
Please ask the in Q&A thread maintained by chotu22. If you're experiencing any problems while running a custom kernel or other system modifications, please remove those modifications and test again before filing a bug report.
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- Phone model (I9060 or 9060L): Radio (baseband): CM version: CM Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): ART Runtime: Dual SIM: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
- The CyanogenMod team for providing a great ROM. Without all the compatibility work which went into it, this ROM would've been much harder to make
- My real-life friend for letting me borrow his phone to work on this
- RampantRhino for donating a phone to help me continue with this project
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CM 11.0 for Galaxy Grand Neo (I9060) , ROM for all devices (see above for details)
rutvikrvr, luk1337, baran0119
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod
Last Updated 2014-10-24