[ROM][6.0.1][Galaxy J500F & J500FN][ALPHA][023/06/2016] Stock Marshmallow v0.1

Search This thread

nio79

Feb 13, 2011
Fabrateria Vetus
on my j500fn Italy wrong. and it takes a few seconds and when you restart the phone remains on your phone's home screen and restarts indefinitely

Corneille95'

Oct 2, 2015
Cape Town
It shows that when i hit the reboot system after flashing the rom! it shows the samsung galaxy j5 screen then it starts with a blue line in the middle of the screen then it washes out the entire screen with yellow! i don't have hangouts nor telegram, pm me your skype
I also get this problem!

Also when I try to flash TWRP recovery via Odin.

Plz post solution here gentlemen.

ziad311

Jun 5, 2015
Oran
Congrats bro. Here's your First J5 Rom. After you've spent a huge effort on s3 neo.
BTW Send me your Whatsapp number in PM
I'll buy a new phone soon.

oranaise2412

Feb 15, 2016
Oran
Unfortunately this is impossible since these are two different devices.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using XDA-Developers mobile app

Yeah exactly they are 2 different than they seem
Also like i mentioned before marshmallow has new security features which makes it just impossible installing it on the j500f as a flashable rom in recovery Only if you flashed the odin marshmallow version then you could technically install this flashable

nio79

Feb 13, 2011
Fabrateria Vetus
Hi guys ... my j500fn asks me to do an upgrade of about 298 mb does anyone know what it is ? My ' no brand an Italian and not think there are any updates after this firmware..thanks...
Good evening to all .. I downloaded the update and have seen that it is the same signature that I mount on my phone .. because it asks me to upgrade ?

Last edited:

rimi24

Sep 23, 2013
the problem is not the ROM itself! in this case the Kernel is not the apropriate kernel! you must flash it separately via Odin, but you have to find any kernel which is compatible with 6.0.1 Marshmallow, otherwise it wont work and you will get into bootloop!

paulo boë

Dec 30, 2015
Enschede
Huawei Nexus 6P
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
the problem is not the ROM itself! in this case the Kernel is not the apropriate kernel! you must flash it separately via Odin, but you have to find any kernel which is compatible with 6.0.1 Marshmallow, otherwise it wont work and you will get into bootloop!
So you're saying that this works on a j500fn with Android 5.1.1 with the right kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Warning:
    this rom is for J500F but you can still test and report if it works on the J500FN also i need to mention that i dont own this device.

Information:
    On 16.0.6.16 Samsung released officaly Android 6.0.1 for SM-J500F for the Indian J5 model, i decided to take this thing in my hand and tryed to make it 7 days after its release available for all Countries and ofc easy to install. TECHNICALLY it should boot fine for the J500F and J500FN model, however I CANT guarantee that it will boot so you need to try your luck and test. PLEASE: As soon as you test out, head over to XDA and post or pm me if it woked.

Edit: Seems like marshmallow wont boot with the lollipop bootloader so in clear text that does mean that you cant get around using Odin. If you are an J500F user please contact me. For J500FN users i am sorry to say that its unpossible currently to get marshmallow on your device because j500fn will refuse to load the j500f bootloader

Installation:
    1. download the rom and put the downloaded file on your internal storage
    2. install twrp recovery
    3. boot into recovery
    4. factory reset, wipe data and cache and format system and data
    5. install rom
    6. reboot and be patient as firstboot might take a long time
    7. enjoy :good::laugh:

Download:
    ALPHA_GALAXYJ5_601_ROM
    Not work j500FN . Only Green screen.
    DISCLAIMER

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Warning:
    this rom is for J500F but you can still test and report if it works on the J500FN also i need to mention that i dont own this device.

Information:
    On 16.0.6.16 Samsung released officaly Android 6.0.1 for SM-J500F for the Indian J5 model, i decided to take this thing in my hand and tryed to make it 7 days after its release available for all Countries and ofc easy to install. TECHNICALLY it should boot fine for the J500F and J500FN model, however I CANT guarantee that it will boot so you need to try your luck and test. PLEASE: As soon as you test out, head over to XDA and post or pm me if it woked.

Installation:
    1. download the rom and put the downloaded file on your internal storage
    2. install twrp recovery
    3. boot into recovery
    4. factory reset, wipe data and cache and format system and data
    5. install rom
    6. reboot and be patient as firstboot might take a long time
    7. enjoy :good::laugh:

Download:
    ALPHA_GALAXYJ5_601_ROM
    EDIT:
    Alright after a little bit of effort me and Simo'w got it working. Stay tuned will provide you with more info soon
    Yo oranaise, nice to see you there. We were togheter in the Telegram S3 Neo group, I like your work here for the J5. I'd like to have MM to our device too soon! Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I will love to test your rom on my j500fn. Maybe this way goes faster than the official samsung ota update for me in germany.
    I speak german too hit me up on skype : opium165
    For all who want to test add me on skype : opium165