[ROM][6.0.1][2.9 GB FREE][GUIDE] Debloat Script for Stock J2 Prime (SM-G532 F/G/M/MT)

Search This thread

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Thanks again for the reply.
Can you point me to a place where I could fin some custom one.
Another question (I hope the last one) Any idea why even though I followed the guide (flashed SuperSU zip)my cellphone is not rooted afterward?

Regards
P.
P.S> great to see a follow country mate in XDA

Here is a great collection of boot animations that also have instructions on how to change it

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/themes-apps/bootanimation-massive-qmg-bootanimation-t2838295

Have fun!

LILY69

Aug 6, 2019
Baguio City
Welcome! This guide is to help you debloat your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime (G532 M/F/G/MT)!

But, before I begin, I should give a few warnings!

Background:
As us owners of the J2 Prime know, development for a custom ROM (either port or AOSP based) is not going anywhere soon. I think most recognized and experienced devs just see this phone, its specs and think "I'm not buying this thrash phone" lol
Not only are its specs thrash, the chipset has been known to be a pain to port ROMs over (Mediatek)
What's the next big thing? DEBLOATED ROMS!
Unfortunately, I don't have access to the software to create a flashable, fully debloated ROM (I do not have administrator rights, it is not my PC :v)
However, what I CAN create is a flashable zip to remove some annoying apps that you will most likely not need!
So, with that being said, let's get to the obligatory warnings :D

Warnings!:
* There are two flashable zips I am including. One that will factory reset your phone (100% recommended!) and one that will just eliminate your bloatware (not recommended, because some app information will still be stored in the /data partition)
* PLEASE CHECK THE LIST OF APPS REMOVED DOWN BELOW!!!!!
* I am removing apps that I don't need! Key word being "I". For example, I don't use Samsung's Gallery app because I use Google Photos, I have various devices and I need photos to be synced up between them (UPDATE: Since so many people use Samsung's Gallery, I've updated my scripts to keep Samsung Gallery and delete Google Photos. I'll just download it from Playstore). so by flashing this you are accepting my conditions. In other words, I get to choose what apps are being deleted. If you have a request of an app you don't want removed, you can easily search for the apk file on the internet or on Google Playstore. If you have a request of an app you want removed but is not included in my zip, and enough people request it, I can update my file (or you can update it yourself, if you want) to delete extra apps
* Since there are a lot of apps that I am removing, there's a big possibility that I may break something like a feature YOU may be interested in. Be warned that you may experience sudden FC or a feature you want not to work. Please report if anything that YOU use is not working so I can add it to the not working list. So far, of what I've used I have not encountered any FC or any bugs, but there is always a possibility that it can happen
* I can't stress this out enough, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, YOU ARE FLASHING THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Apps that are being deleted:
  • AllshareFileShare
  • AllshareFileShareClient
  • AllshareFileShareServer
  • AssistantMenu_M
  • BasicDreams
  • ChocoEUKor
  • Chrome
  • ChromeCustomizations
  • CoolEUKor
  • Drive
  • EasymodeContactsWidget
  • EasyOneHand3
  • EasySetup
  • EmergencyLauncher
  • EmergencyModeService
  • EmergencyProvider
  • Facebook_stub
  • Foundation
  • GearManagerStub
  • GoogleTTS
  • Gmail2
  • Hangouts
  • KnoxAppsUpdateAgent
  • KnoxAttestationAgent
  • KnoxFolderContainer2
  • KnoxSetupWizardClient
  • KnoxSwitcher
  • Maps
  • MobilePrintSvc_Samsung
  • MSSkype_stub
  • Music2
  • MyKNOXSetupWizard
  • OneNote_Compact_Samsung
  • Photos
  • PhotoTable
  • QuickConnect_4x_Lite
  • RCPComponents
  • RoseEUKor
  • SafetyInformation
  • SamsungDLPService
  • SamsungTTS
  • SBrowser_4.2
  • SecurityLogAgent
  • SysScope
  • talkback
  • UniversalMDMClient
  • Videos
  • VideoTrimmer_Phone
  • Weather2016_Grace
  • WeatherWidget2016_Grace
  • WebManual
  • YouTube
  • EasyLauncher2_Zero
  • Excel_SamsungStub
  • FotaAgent
  • GalaxyApps
  • GoogleFeedback
  • GooglePartnerSetup
  • HybridRadio_M
  • ManagedProvisioning
  • OneDrive_Samsung_v2
  • PhotoStudio_WQHD_Grace_Lite
  • PowerPoint_SamsungStub
  • SamsungAccount_Grace
  • SamsungCloud
  • SamsungMagnifier3
  • SetupWizard
  • SFinder_v5
  • SMusicPicker
  • SoundAlive_41
  • Velvet
  • VoiceNote_4.0
  • Word_SamsungStub

IF I ELIMINATE AN APP YOU USE PERSONALLY, I WILL BE ADDING A ZIP FILE IN POST #2 TO FLASH VIA TWRP. IF YOU HAVE AN APP YOU WANT ME TO ADD THAT YOU PERSONALLY USE, PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN GIVE YOU THE APP TO DOWNLOAD

I WILL NO LONGER ADD ZIP FILES TO ADD APPS BACK DUE TO NONE OF THEM WORKING ON DIFFERENT FIRMWARES (THEY SEEM TO BE FIRMWARE SPECIFIC). IF YOU WANT TO ADD AN APP I DELETED, PLEASE SEARCH ON GOOGLE HOW TO ADD IT BACK

As the developers here would say it:
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/* *
Your warranty is now void. * 
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this zip file
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!
* */

With that out of the way, let's finally get started!

What you need:
1. A PC
2. The will to use the SEARCH function or search in Google when you run into a problem that may or may not be listed in this guide
3. Debloat_J2_Prime zip file (link below)
4. TWRP (link below)
5. Ashyx's file to remove decryption (highly recommended, link below)
6. The Super SU zip file (link below)(not necessary, you can also root with Magisk)
7. Your stock ROM already downloaded from Updato or Sammobile (not necessary but just in case anything goes wrong)

Downloads:
1. Samsung USB Drivers
2. Download the latest version of Odin
3. The latest firmware of your phone (Use google to search for it, recommended sites are Updato and Sammobile)
4. Debloated ROM (Script that will factory reset)
5. Debloat script ONLY (not recommended, but can still clear up some space!)
6. Download TWRP from the TWRP thread
7. Download ashy's "no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx" file from TWRP thread
8. Download the SuperSU "SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip" file from this thread

STEP-BY-STEP:
(Make sure you have OEM Unlocked before trying this procedure out. To do this, you need to activate developer options by tapping on "Build number" 7 times located under Settings>About Device>Software Info. Then, go to Settings>Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlock is enabled)
0. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, read the warnings!
1. First you should flash TWRP. It's as simple as flashing via Odin the file containing TWRP. If you need extra steps and explanations of how to install TWRP, follow this thread: TWRP thread
2. Once you have TWRP installed, boot into recovery
3. If you get a prompt upon starting up TWRP to allow modifications, you should swipe to allow modifications. If you don't get any message, ignore this step
4. Flash the "DEBLOAT_J2_Prime_FactoryReset" file
5. Root via the method you want (flash SuperSU zip) or you can use Magisk
6. Flash the no-verity zip
7. You now have a fully debloated J2 Prime!

Let the phone boot, set it up and you should now be done!

You now have a much lighter J2 Prime with aprox. 2.9 GB of free storage! Even after the apps update!

Special thanks to:
@ashyx for porting TWRP to our crappy device xd
@tx_dbs_tx for compiling this great list , which I based my script on

Screenshots
(Attached)
will this work at any country?

iniffy

Dec 22, 2019
What would happen

Hello, what would happen if I completed this whole process then I decided to unroot SuperSU? Will it affect other services?

Reactions: izabn

streetdealer

Feb 7, 2020
bro the only problem i have is my samsung account doesn't work, i don't have a way to use it or add it for download notes, please if u can upload a zip with that i would be so thankfull... the rest is as i want and need it :D

Reactions: izabn

datzcute

Sep 27, 2016
Urdaneta City
Manage storage on j2 prime

Really thaks for your work the grand prime plus only problem is the storage with most of my friends i will try this with them and tell you what will happen thaks again ?❤

Bro. If you have rooted phone you can Use Link2sd app to maximized your storage. force move your Intalled app to sd card. I also recommend adoptable storege to fo this as your Internal Storage. IF it's help you. Thanks

Reactions: dinhvannhan

pablo_xperia

Jun 19, 2014
Mexico City
ShaDisNX255 - Thanks for excellent work!

We found an old J2 prime plus and got it working again and decided to try to find a way to delete bloat. A TWRP and SuperSU later we have a debloated phone!

Again: thanks for your awesome work! (I already clicked the Thanks! button)

Hastoma

Jun 28, 2017
Benghazi
:)This is very cool ... It is really possible to delete these apps .... they are present in most devices through the deletion programs such as: link2sd and others .... to reduce the memory of the device .... Thank you :cool:

jayTP

Jan 9, 2022
Hi,

I tried to modify updater-script to exclude removing what is hopefully the radio app.
Code:
ui_print("Removing HybridRadio_M...");
delete_recursive("/system/priv-app/HybridRadio_M");

After deleting those lines I tried to zip the updated files and attempted to flash it using TWRP but it failed to mount. Those who have had success editing the updater-script what/how did you go about it? I just used VScode to remove those lines and saved it. Not sure if I should have a specific IDE or need to compile it or something.

Installing the APK itself seems to run into some issues and it won't run at all.

ViLXDRYAD

Feb 22, 2024
Hi! I was looking for this script again, and found out the Drive link in the main thread as of now doesn't work, I looked on my HDD if I had it, and found this one I remember applying, and just applied now again.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DEBLOAT_J2_Prime_FactoryReset.zip
    269.3 KB · Views: 59

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome! This guide is to help you debloat your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime (G532 M/F/G/MT)!

But, before I begin, I should give a few warnings!

Background:
    As us owners of the J2 Prime know, development for a custom ROM (either port or AOSP based) is not going anywhere soon. I think most recognized and experienced devs just see this phone, its specs and think "I'm not buying this thrash phone" lol
    Not only are its specs thrash, the chipset has been known to be a pain to port ROMs over (Mediatek)
    What's the next big thing? DEBLOATED ROMS!
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to the software to create a flashable, fully debloated ROM (I do not have administrator rights, it is not my PC :v)
    However, what I CAN create is a flashable zip to remove some annoying apps that you will most likely not need!
    So, with that being said, let's get to the obligatory warnings :D

Warnings!:
    * There are two flashable zips I am including. One that will factory reset your phone (100% recommended!) and one that will just eliminate your bloatware (not recommended, because some app information will still be stored in the /data partition)
    * PLEASE CHECK THE LIST OF APPS REMOVED DOWN BELOW!!!!!
    * I am removing apps that I don't need! Key word being "I". For example, I don't use Samsung's Gallery app because I use Google Photos, I have various devices and I need photos to be synced up between them (UPDATE: Since so many people use Samsung's Gallery, I've updated my scripts to keep Samsung Gallery and delete Google Photos. I'll just download it from Playstore). so by flashing this you are accepting my conditions. In other words, I get to choose what apps are being deleted. If you have a request of an app you don't want removed, you can easily search for the apk file on the internet or on Google Playstore. If you have a request of an app you want removed but is not included in my zip, and enough people request it, I can update my file (or you can update it yourself, if you want) to delete extra apps
    * Since there are a lot of apps that I am removing, there's a big possibility that I may break something like a feature YOU may be interested in. Be warned that you may experience sudden FC or a feature you want not to work. Please report if anything that YOU use is not working so I can add it to the not working list. So far, of what I've used I have not encountered any FC or any bugs, but there is always a possibility that it can happen
    * I can't stress this out enough, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, YOU ARE FLASHING THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Apps that are being deleted:
    • AllshareFileShare
    • AllshareFileShareClient
    • AllshareFileShareServer
    • AssistantMenu_M
    • BasicDreams
    • ChocoEUKor
    • Chrome
    • ChromeCustomizations
    • CoolEUKor
    • Drive
    • EasymodeContactsWidget
    • EasyOneHand3
    • EasySetup
    • EmergencyLauncher
    • EmergencyModeService
    • EmergencyProvider
    • Facebook_stub
    • Foundation
    • GearManagerStub
    • GoogleTTS
    • Gmail2
    • Hangouts
    • KnoxAppsUpdateAgent
    • KnoxAttestationAgent
    • KnoxFolderContainer2
    • KnoxSetupWizardClient
    • KnoxSwitcher
    • Maps
    • MobilePrintSvc_Samsung
    • MSSkype_stub
    • Music2
    • MyKNOXSetupWizard
    • OneNote_Compact_Samsung
    • Photos
    • PhotoTable
    • QuickConnect_4x_Lite
    • RCPComponents
    • RoseEUKor
    • SafetyInformation
    • SamsungDLPService
    • SamsungTTS
    • SBrowser_4.2
    • SecurityLogAgent
    • SysScope
    • talkback
    • UniversalMDMClient
    • Videos
    • VideoTrimmer_Phone
    • Weather2016_Grace
    • WeatherWidget2016_Grace
    • WebManual
    • YouTube
    • EasyLauncher2_Zero
    • Excel_SamsungStub
    • FotaAgent
    • GalaxyApps
    • GoogleFeedback
    • GooglePartnerSetup
    • HybridRadio_M
    • ManagedProvisioning
    • OneDrive_Samsung_v2
    • PhotoStudio_WQHD_Grace_Lite
    • PowerPoint_SamsungStub
    • SamsungAccount_Grace
    • SamsungCloud
    • SamsungMagnifier3
    • SetupWizard
    • SFinder_v5
    • SMusicPicker
    • SoundAlive_41
    • Velvet
    • VoiceNote_4.0
    • Word_SamsungStub

IF I ELIMINATE AN APP YOU USE PERSONALLY, I WILL BE ADDING A ZIP FILE IN POST #2 TO FLASH VIA TWRP. IF YOU HAVE AN APP YOU WANT ME TO ADD THAT YOU PERSONALLY USE, PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN GIVE YOU THE APP TO DOWNLOAD

I WILL NO LONGER ADD ZIP FILES TO ADD APPS BACK DUE TO NONE OF THEM WORKING ON DIFFERENT FIRMWARES (THEY SEEM TO BE FIRMWARE SPECIFIC). IF YOU WANT TO ADD AN APP I DELETED, PLEASE SEARCH ON GOOGLE HOW TO ADD IT BACK

As the developers here would say it:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/* *
    Your warranty is now void. * 
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this zip file
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!
    * */

With that out of the way, let's finally get started!

What you need:
    1. A PC
    2. The will to use the SEARCH function or search in Google when you run into a problem that may or may not be listed in this guide
    3. Debloat_J2_Prime zip file (link below)
    4. TWRP (link below)
    5. Ashyx's file to remove decryption (highly recommended, link below)
    6. The Super SU zip file (link below)(not necessary, you can also root with Magisk)
    7. Your stock ROM already downloaded from Updato or Sammobile (not necessary but just in case anything goes wrong)

Downloads:
    1. Samsung USB Drivers
    2. Download the latest version of Odin
    3. The latest firmware of your phone (Use google to search for it, recommended sites are Updato and Sammobile)
    4. Debloated ROM (Script that will factory reset)
    5. Debloat script ONLY (not recommended, but can still clear up some space!)
    6. Download TWRP from the TWRP thread
    7. Download ashy's "no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx" file from TWRP thread
    8. Download the SuperSU "SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip" file from this thread

STEP-BY-STEP:
    (Make sure you have OEM Unlocked before trying this procedure out. To do this, you need to activate developer options by tapping on "Build number" 7 times located under Settings>About Device>Software Info. Then, go to Settings>Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlock is enabled)
    0. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, read the warnings!
    1. First you should flash TWRP. It's as simple as flashing via Odin the file containing TWRP. If you need extra steps and explanations of how to install TWRP, follow this thread: TWRP thread
    2. Once you have TWRP installed, boot into recovery
    3. If you get a prompt upon starting up TWRP to allow modifications, you should swipe to allow modifications. If you don't get any message, ignore this step
    4. Flash the "DEBLOAT_J2_Prime_FactoryReset" file
    5. Root via the method you want (flash SuperSU zip) or you can use Magisk
    6. Flash the no-verity zip
    7. You now have a fully debloated J2 Prime!

Let the phone boot, set it up and you should now be done!

You now have a much lighter J2 Prime with aprox. 2.9 GB of free storage! Even after the apps update!

Special thanks to:
    @ashyx for porting TWRP to our crappy device xd
    @tx_dbs_tx for compiling this great list , which I based my script on

Screenshots
    (Attached)
    Eliminated apps

Update:
    For now, these do not work. Flashing these apps will cause them to FC. These are firmware specific, so they will most likely not work on other firmwares
    I am trying my best to find out a way to have them universal, but for now please google search how to install the app you might want returned that I have removed

This debloat script eliminates a few system apps you might personally use and I don't. I will upload requested apk files in this post. If you have a request, to remove or to add to the debloat script, please let me know

Attached apk (flash via TWRP):
    • Samsung Gallery
    • SMusic Picker
    • SoundAlive_41
    Hello,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to change what will be removed by modifying the updater-script.

Thank you very much :)

Yes it's possible :)
    Reported problems:
    • Cannot edit/draw on screenshots

Changelog:
    24/01/18: Updated tutorial. I now have 2 scripts. One that will completely factory reset your phone and one that will only eliminate bloatware (no factory reset)
    22/01/18: Updated tutorial. It is no longer needed to flash stock via Odin
    Manage storage on j2 prime

Really thaks for your work the grand prime plus only problem is the storage with most of my friends i will try this with them and tell you what will happen thaks again ?❤

Bro. If you have rooted phone you can Use Link2sd app to maximized your storage. force move your Intalled app to sd card. I also recommend adoptable storege to fo this as your Internal Storage. IF it's help you. Thanks