Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Galaxy J320F - j3Time v5.3 Lollipop [DEPRECATED]

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By RespawnTime_, Member on 11th April 2017, 02:35 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
DEPRECATED
just go try lineage or something
J3Time is a free ROM for the Galaxy J3 (2016), well, actually an TWRP backup.It is made to be lightweight (compared to TouchWiz) and to look pretty much like AOSP Android.

Features:
  • Almost everything TouchWiz related is removed,except SystemUI, framework and some other stuff.
  • All preinstalled bloat is removed.
  • SuperSU / Root is installed and works properly.
  • Xposed framework and Lollipop Xposed Installer are also installed.
  • AOSP-ish feeling to the ROM
  • Material Design theme is applied.No need for Samsung Account or Theme Store.
  • TouchWiz Home is removed and replaced with Nova Launcher for an AOSP feeling.
  • Included a pretty AOSP looking dialer , Android Messages , Google Contacts and the Clock app from Google.
  • Also included a lockscreen similar to the stock android one.
  • The ROM has Material Status Bar installed as a USER APP.It's used to make the status bar and notification pulldown look like stock android.
    ---- Feel free to remove it if it's too buggy for you, or if you'd like to theme the TouchWiz one instead.

Installation:
I was not able to make a flashable zip for TWRP or Odin, so you install this as an TWRP backup.
  • Download the ROM from here (About 1GB):
  • https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...3NnQnp5NjZhblk
  • Extract TWRP.zip
  • Create TWRP folder on the internal storage
  • Place BACKUPS folder in the TWRP folder
  • Reboot to recovery and go RESTORE
  • Select the backup
  • Clear cache and reboot
  • If it bootloops make sure you have the J320F, didn't swipe to install SuperSU when rebooting from TWRP, or just try wiping the cache.

Screenshot(s):
Samsung outside, Nexus inside!

Bugs:
  • Occasionally, upon booting in the ROM an error appears stating that "Emergency Manager Service" has stopped.

v5.2 -> v.5.3
Changelog:
+ Added floatify lockscreen
- Removed L Lockscreen
* Updated Material Status Bar
* A few fixes

Hope I helped you with this ROM
Enjoy using it!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RespawnTime_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RespawnTime_ Ad-Free

20th April 2017, 01:57 AM |#2  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Galaxy j3 duos 2016
It works with my Galaxy j3 duos 2016. That has j320f chipset. But there is a problem with the "AOSP looking dialer". I can not quickly select the SIM card for the call.
Most Google programs and services I could disable without difficulties - even the playstore. I'm used to installing the APKs. Have many, many thanks. It's a great job! If I find some bugs, I'll let you know.
21st April 2017, 02:27 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Hey, the dialer's dual sim function is in beta, btw this dialer isn't found anywhere in the play store so I don't know if there is a newer version.
If there is one I will replace this one.
Expect a new version of this rom soon.
If there is a new dialer version I will update it.
I am disabling Material Status Bar's status bar and leaving the notification shade only
The status bar will be made AOSPish with Flat Style Bar Indicators since that app is less buggy.

Thanks to you too for trying this ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RespawnTime_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RespawnTime_ Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 11:36 PM |#4  
Flag Berlin

More
I found a solution. If I go in the system settings to SIM card manager, I can choose with voice call under prefered simcard "ask allways". Then the system asks me before dialing which SIMcard I would like to use for the call. It's like an old cell phone with dual SIM.
By the way, I just had a problem when I opened xposed installer. It came in red writing that "There Seems to be a known issue (" Samsung TouchWiz ROM ") message. Installing Xposed may not work or lead to severe problem ...
After I went to "Install / Update (Version 87)", I wanted to install over recovery. When I reboot, I got into the bootloop. I had no backup - my fault. Now I start again ... Have already formatted and re-installed your system. This time I make a backup before I start working with the xposed installer.
22nd April 2017, 07:28 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Hey there.
The xposed error means absolutely nothing.It's just the app detecting you have a samsung rom with TW.
As you can see the xposed is a custom build for TouchWiz
I can assure you it works perfectly fine, I have a few xposed modules on my phone and they work flawlessly.
The reason you bootlooped is becuase it installed a version of xposed not supported with Samsung ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to RespawnTime_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RespawnTime_ Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 03:01 AM |#6  
Flag Berlin

More
Thank you for your information! I'm still a novice with Android, Custom ROM and Xposed framework. Surely I will destroy my system more often. But I have your ROM and TWRP. In the next few days, I will try to integrate XPrivacy into my installation. I want to gain control of my data as much as possible.
23rd April 2017, 10:41 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Good luck.
I can already tell you that XPrivacy works fine as I use it too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RespawnTime_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RespawnTime_ Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 03:48 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
New update arrived!
Check the main post!

Changelog:
+ Added Flat Style Bar Indicators
+ Added SoundHUD (AOSP Volume Bar)
+ Added Google Camera
* Updated some apps
- Removed Samsung Camera and remaining TouchWiz apps
The Following User Says Thank You to RespawnTime_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RespawnTime_ Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 06:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Custom rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespawnTime_

New update arrived!
Check the main post!

Changelog:
+ Added Flat Style Bar Indicators
+ Added SoundHUD (AOSP Volume Bar)
+ Added Google Camera
* Updated some apps
- Removed Samsung Camera and remaining TouchWiz apps

finally someone has made a custom rom for j3 . firstly u deserve a big thanks And appreciation. And hope u would update this rom with more new features and is the link provided above the one for updated rom ?
23rd April 2017, 08:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hey does it work on the j320fn and if it does u think I can use this as a daily driver?

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

PS check out my thread I am trying to port a 6.1.1. rom the the j3 https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...xy-j3-t3553175
23rd April 2017, 08:52 PM |#11  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
More opinion please
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-j3-2016
Previous Thread Next Thread