TWRP 3.2.3-0 Released
Aug 6, 2018
TWRP 3.2.3-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
What's new in 3.2.3-0:
* Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
* Remove SuperSU from TWRP
* Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!
You can track the progress of builds here
Current status - Beta (Tested working)
Bugs: brightness slider
You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.
NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.
Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
(Hold POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP)
2. Load the file below into the AP slot, uncheck Auto-reboot and hit start.
3. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately force reboot to recovery. Do NOT let the device boot to the OS.
You should now see TWRP recovery.
4. Flash the RMM bypass zip
NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT.
5. Reboot to TWRP (Do not boot to the OS yet)
*****OREO ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:*****
1. Flash the Forced encryption disabler patch. This is only required if you wish to have full functionality in TWRP.
Flashing this will disable Samsung's forced encryption. Disabling encryption will allow TWRP to mount the data partition.
After flashing the patch it is necessary to *FORMAT* (not wipe) the /DATA partition using the FORMAT DATA button under the wipe options.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON INTERNAL STORAGE AND FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE, SO BACK UP ANYTHING YOU WISH TO KEEP.
2. To root I suggest installing the latest Magisk beta as this is a currently supported project, SuperSu is no longer getting active development.
3. Enjoy your rooted device.
(NOTE: The DEFEX patched Oreo kernel below may be needed for full root support if certain apps do not work with root):
DEVICE TREE: soon
PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST
Credits: Me, my tester @kapminow269, Teamwin, @BlackMesa123 for RMM bypass zip.
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.
FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU