[Kernel][CM12.1][CM13.0][LOS14.1][J500FN/F][07.10]Hotplug enabled kernel

Search This thread

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Only 130 ma charging with every charger.how can i fix it? Overall best kernel.
I'm running viperos aswel on my j500f and seem to get values of between 600 and 700 ma while charging though on the lockscreen on the battery charging status it says slow charging. I don't really know what your problem might be. What version of viper are you using and what model j5 do you have?

urgot245

Aug 26, 2017
I'm running viperos aswel on my j500f and seem to get values of between 600 and 700 ma while charging though on the lockscreen on the battery charging status it says slow charging. I don't really know what your problem might be. What version of viper are you using and what model j5 do you have?

J500F using los 14.1

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Switched to viperos and now charges 700-800 ma .
Been running this kernel for about a week and everything was fine but all of a sudden yesterday I was unable to receive calls. Everytime someone tried to ring it would go straight to voicemail without any notification. I don't know was it something I did or is it ROM or kernel related but seeing as you have the same model phone and your also running viper would you mind just testing this out. I don't know if it's working again will test later

urgot245

Aug 26, 2017
Been running this kernel for about a week and everything was fine but all of a sudden yesterday I was unable to receive calls. Everytime someone tried to ring it would go straight to voicemail without any notification. I don't know was it something I did or is it ROM or kernel related but seeing as you have the same model phone and your also running viper would you mind just testing this out. I don't know if it's working again will test later

Ok ill check. Also,when i press recents or back buttons sometimes the vibration is louder than normal . Why?

Last edited:
Reactions: garylawwd

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ok ill check. Also,when i press recents or back buttons sometimes the vibration is louder than normal . Why?
I noticed that too but I think that was happening to me before I had this kernel so I don't think it's to blame here. I don't see it as a problem for me though. I still think this is the best kernel I have ever used kudos to the dev

urgot245

Aug 26, 2017
I noticed that too but I think that was happening to me before I had this kernel so I don't think it's to blame here. I don't see it as a problem for me though. I still think this is the best kernel I have ever used kudos to the dev

I didnt said its the kernel lol. But sometimes my phone has heavy lag and nothing work until revoot

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I didnt said its the kernel lol. But sometimes my phone has heavy lag and nothing work until revoot
Oh sorry my bad. Ya I know exactly what ya mean I have had the same issue myself but since switching to this kernel and viperos most lag issues were solved. It's like the phone thinks it has more ram than it actually does and ends up overloading itself and we experience heavy lag and random reboots. I use the magisk module sysconfig patcher which is a battery saving module but also helps to reduce the ram usage and works extremely well at reducing lag and thanks to this kernel I have better performance by doing some tweaks/overclock using kernel aduitor. Maybe give some of these a try and see if your performance increases :good:

Jul 22, 2017
Great kernel in overall in terms of battery life ! :good: But, occasionally, the phone will become extremely slow and won't resolve itself unless I reboot it. But nonetheless, thanks OP!

Wendelh

Nov 21, 2017
Kernel for J500M based LOS14.1

Code:
Your warranty is now void.
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

So here it is. After testing for a few days I've decided to give out builds of CM 12.1 kernel with a little bit better CPU management.You may see improvement especially when you're not using 3G/LTE as it seems to drain battery almost as fast as before (depending on the use ofc). You'll get much better battery life on wifi though. You may tweak the settings using some kernel control apps but the recommended setup is already applied.

Features:

+ Bricked hotplug driver - turns off CPU cores if the CPU load is not big enough to need them.
+ Powersuspend - a driver that should turn off unused hardware components when screen is off
+ Quickwakeup driver - it allows some tasks to wake up the system to perform certain actions without fully resuming it
+ Min. CPU freq 200MHz (CM12.1 has it set to 800MHz but it seems we don't need it that high after disabling CRC checks)
+ Revised interactive governor target_loads to clock CPU more efficiently

Download:
Kernel:

CM12.1:

CM13:

LOS14.1:

GPU Max Frequency Limiting Scripts:
400 Mhz
475 Mhz
550 Mhz
650 Mhz

Installation:
Just flash the zip for your device in TWRP.

Changelog:

Code:
07.10.2017:
- First release rebased on @vince2678 kernel source and device trees (Will work only with his Los14.1 builds from now on, don't even try any older ROMs available)
- Added some tweaks by @Bulgaricus

24.07.2017:
- Rebased on newest LOS kernel
- Reimplemented some of tweaks previously reverted due to conflict (The most important being Display driver update, refresh rate should be better now)

30.05.2017:
- Merged upstream changes (new power hal compability etc.)

19.05.2017:
- Merged base kernel updates
- Enabled thermal core control
- Change throttling cpu temperature from 60°C to 80°C to avoid performance loss
- Enabled CPU_BOOST config
- Kernel now should boot on both LL and MM bootloaders (needs testing)

18.05.2017:
- First release for Lineage OS 14.1
- Rebased on @SoUnd001 kernel source (LOS 14.1 only)
- Drop CM1300/LOS13.0 support

02.03.2017:
- Fixed slow charging
- Cpusets tweaks for hotplug (multitasking related)

25.01.2017:
- Squashed update to 3.10.104
- Additional CPU & Battery tweaks
- Faster boot

16.01.2017:
- Major cleanup
- Tweaked recommended values
- Final release for CM12.1
- First release for CM13.0

08.01.2017:
- Added GPU OC up to 720MHz (you may change max frequency if you don't like OC or want it to be a little less thanks to the scripts included in downloads. Previous default freq was 400 MHz)
- Changed default gpu governor to simple_ondemand to avoid frequency bug described in #16

- Initial release
- Added bricked hotplug driver
- Added powersuspend driver
- Added quickwakeup driver
- Changed CPU min freq. to 200MHz instead of 800MHz
- Optimized interactive's target_load

XDA:DevDB Information
Hotplug enabled kernel for Cyanogenmod 12.1/13.0, LOS 14.1, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
Koloses, Nick Verse, ganesh varma, #Henkate, SoUnd001, vince2678, Bulgaricus
Source Code: https://github.com/hotplugj5

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-01-06
Last Updated 2017-10-07

Can you fix me the LOS14.1 kernel for J500M?

gorgoroth_mi

Nov 8, 2017
Dhaka
Facing Issues

1. Locking or Unlocking Screen , Charging or Discharging Notification takes more time than usual
2. Abnormal lagging during incoming call when screen is off

Facing this problem after using the phone for some hours

Sent from Samsung J500F

1nikolas

Jul 28, 2015
Heraklion, Greece
1. Will the lineage 14.1 version work with rr nougat?
2. Do I have to set something on kernel adiutor to get the 4 day battery life or it's out of the box?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

So here it is. After testing for a few days I've decided to give out builds of CM 12.1 kernel with a little bit better CPU management.You may see improvement especially when you're not using 3G/LTE as it seems to drain battery almost as fast as before (depending on the use ofc). You'll get much better battery life on wifi though. You may tweak the settings using some kernel control apps but the recommended setup is already applied.

Features:

+ Bricked hotplug driver - turns off CPU cores if the CPU load is not big enough to need them.
    + Powersuspend - a driver that should turn off unused hardware components when screen is off
    + Quickwakeup driver - it allows some tasks to wake up the system to perform certain actions without fully resuming it
    + Min. CPU freq 200MHz (CM12.1 has it set to 800MHz but it seems we don't need it that high after disabling CRC checks)
    + Revised interactive governor target_loads to clock CPU more efficiently

Download:
    Kernel:

CM12.1:

CM13:

LOS14.1:

GPU Max Frequency Limiting Scripts:
    400 Mhz
    475 Mhz
    550 Mhz
    650 Mhz

Installation:
    Just flash the zip for your device in TWRP.

Changelog:

Code:
    07.10.2017:
    - First release rebased on @vince2678 kernel source and device trees (Will work only with his Los14.1 builds from now on, don't even try any older ROMs available)
    - Added some tweaks by @Bulgaricus

24.07.2017:
    - Rebased on newest LOS kernel
    - Reimplemented some of tweaks previously reverted due to conflict (The most important being Display driver update, refresh rate should be better now)

30.05.2017:
    - Merged upstream changes (new power hal compability etc.)

19.05.2017:
    - Merged base kernel updates
    - Enabled thermal core control
    - Change throttling cpu temperature from 60°C to 80°C to avoid performance loss
    - Enabled CPU_BOOST config
    - Kernel now should boot on both LL and MM bootloaders (needs testing)

18.05.2017:
    - Drop CM1300/LOS13.0 support

02.03.2017:
    - Fixed slow charging

25.01.2017:
    - Squashed update to 3.10.104
    - Additional CPU & Battery tweaks
    - Faster boot

16.01.2017:
    - Major cleanup
    - Tweaked recommended values
    - Final release for CM12.1
    - First release for CM13.0

08.01.2017:
    - Added GPU OC up to 720MHz (you may change max frequency if you don't like OC or want it to be a little less thanks to the scripts included in downloads. Previous default freq was 400 MHz)
    - Changed default gpu governor to simple_ondemand to avoid frequency bug described in #16

- Initial release
    - Added bricked hotplug driver
    - Added powersuspend driver
    - Added quickwakeup driver
    - Changed CPU min freq. to 200MHz instead of 800MHz
    - Optimized interactive's target_load

XDA:DevDB Information
    Hotplug enabled kernel for Cyanogenmod 12.1/13.0, LOS 14.1, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    Koloses, Nick Verse, ganesh varma, #Henkate, SoUnd001, vince2678, Bulgaricus
    Source Code: https://github.com/hotplugj5

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-01-06
    Last Updated 2017-10-07
    18.05.2017:
    02.03.2017:
    - Fixed slow charging

Just a little refreshing update. We had wrong kernel config values from the beginning so the phone wasn't taking all the current from the charger. PC ports will still charge slow because of USB specs, but charger will work faster and say "fast charging" on lockscreen. Also I cherry-picked cpusets (multitasking related) fix for cpu hotplugging and added setup for them into our init. User experience should improve, but it's hard to say if it's going to be a change anybody would see. Anyway, enjoy refreshed release.

I'm also working on getting newer CAF kernel with MM kernel source merged to work with Lollipop bootloaders (our present kernel is LA.BR.1.1.3_rb1.11 branch and the new one would be LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.7 which is newer and could improve things), so we could update some blobs (use ones from official MM without changing bootloader) etc. but I have no idea when it's going to be ready as I have little time to touch these things recently. I'll let you know if something moves on in that regard.
    I do not plan on moving to Nougat yet. Android 6.0 still has its own issues and so does Nougat. It's better to wait ans move on to a stable ROM later on

On a side note It's funny to see how people don't understand the basics of flashing and think that the person, who published the ROM is the only one that worked on it. ganesh put a lot of work on Nougat too and doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. I'm not even going to comment how fair it is to release a ROM made thanks to forking & patching work of someone who was going to release it himself and basically taking all the credit of being first to make it, but what's done is done. Most of people have no idea what is going on and just want to flash newest Android.

Sent from SM-J500 Lineage 13.0
    Well, to be honest I have no idea whether it works or not, but it doesn't break anything to have it left there. The hooks needed for it are in place though :v
    Cm 13 on lolypop bootloader will work?
    No.
    Does this hurt the hardware in anyway? (Not using overclocking of course)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using XDA Labs
    No, it doesn't ;)
    #Edit: Okay, I'll test the new setup for a few days and next build (that should be final, because we don't need to add anything else actually) should be ready next week if everything goes well. I'll look into CM13 once it's stable.

#Edit2: I've managed to build kernel today for all variants. You may find updated links in op. I also added scripts to change max gpu freq at boot if someone doesn't like OC or wants to lower freq a little bit without using external apps.

08.01.2017:
    - Added GPU OC up to 720MHz
    - changed default gpu governor to simple_ondemand to avoid bug described in #16