Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
I'm sorry for OT again, but i found something.
To all owners of J5, i noticed that if you keep pressing on back button for 1 second, it show the menu of a application, like would be the menu button.

Reactions: alanthehat

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Yup that's on all new Sammy phones.

Oh, i didn't know. Now i look like an idiot :D I asked you in my first posts in how much time does charge your J5 and you didn't answer. My J5 charge in 5-6 hours since begin, today is the 4th day since i got the J5 (new phone, not used) and it charge with screen off and screen on in same amount of time. I even tried it with power save mode and is same. How it is at you?

CTXz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2015
Prague
Oh, i didn't know. Now i look like an idiot :D I asked you in my first posts in how much time does charge your J5 and you didn't answer. My J5 charge in 5-6 hours since begin, today is the 4th day since i got the J5 (new phone, not used) and it charge with screen off and screen on in same amount of time. I even tried it with power save mode and is same. How it is at you?

Sadly I don't own this phone ^^

Reactions: #Henkate

tuntun2526

May 28, 2015
Mine takes just about 3hrs to fully charge.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: #Henkate

omar.abbas

Apr 20, 2011
Islamabad
Can anybody confirm is backing up to otg usb is possible or not. My USB shows up but I can't check it. All I am able to select is my devices memory or the memory card for a backup. Normally the usb if working fine with the OTG cable.

CTXz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2015
Prague
Can anybody confirm is backing up to otg usb is possible or not. My USB shows up but I can't check it. All I am able to select is my devices memory or the memory card for a backup. Normally the usb if working fine with the OTG cable.

Forgot to add it to the fstab. I will recompile a new build with it when my workspace is set up again.

kimdong1220

May 30, 2015
SM-J500N0 is Root available

were try to root file

CF-Auto-Root file ...

and successful

now were sometime test to twrp recovery

thanks to share to file :)

i really happy to root successfully

recovery file is how to flashing ??

Odin ? Flashify ? anything else?

How to flash recovery..?

and stock recovery backup ??

it is very important work

were backup/restore available :confused:

but were try and good result

this good news :)

quickly test to recovery i want.. kkkkkkk

SM-J500N0 root available

Recovery test yet ..
Rom test yet..

but SuperSU installed

and root permission available

good result :laugh:

souvikpal

Oct 11, 2015
Kolkata
Storage mount not working properly. For every partition, it shows one blank cd rom drive and one blank usb drive on pc...

kimdong1220

May 30, 2015
Galaxy J5 - SM-J500N0 test successful.

Hello. i test to SM-J500N0

How to root SM-J500N0?

1. Odin+CF-Auto-Root.zip Download.

2. Odin open. And PDA select

3. Device connect and Start!

root successful and Recovery file download

Recovery is successful check finish.

Galaxy J5 file share thanks to developers :)

Were think rom..

Good job developers XD

:fingers-crossed:

Quiksilver78

Jul 28, 2010
Czech Republic
My device went into a TWRP bootloop the moment I executed a Nandroid Backup.

Quickest/Easiest way to fix the bootloop problem was to simply flash the recovery (TWRP) package via ODIN. From Recovery, you can still hold down Vol. Down + Home + Power to enter "Download mode" - A quick flash of the TWRP package again, got me out of the boot loop and back into the system.

Reactions: Macmod and CTXz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fPyPzfK.png

TWRP 2.8.7.0 for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Hey everyone. I have decided to build TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J5.

First I would love to thank @bhattjunaid for testing this since I don't own this device, @celta1976 For managing to get this working on Locked bootloader models and his Instructions (Instructions In 1st Comment of the post), @serdotlinecho For the instructions how to fix Bootloop into TWRP (Instructions in 1st Comment of the post) and TeamWin for the amazing sources that are still supported.

DISCLAIMER : I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY OR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE EVEN THOUGH NOTHING SHOULD GO WRONG IF YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT! KNOX WILL BE TRIPPED. ALSO... I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WW3 OR A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK

Ok, Now to the interesting part

Already tested on:

- Galaxy J500F Working
    - Galaxy J500H Working
    - Galaxy J5008 Working - Instructions in 1st post of this thread! - (Locked bootloader)
    - Galaxy J5007 Not tested yet
    - Galaxy J500G Working
    - Galaxy J500M Working
    - Galaxy J500N0 Not tested yet
    - Galaxy J500FN Working
    - Galaxy J500Y Not tested yet

Note : This should work on all models. However, just to be sure, if you own a J5 model that has not been tested yet, please post a confirmation below

Bugs

- Brightness slider

- PC mounting (but adb should work)

- Reboot into recovery mode from/via TWRP not working

Changelog

Code:
     TWRP Has been made

Screenshots

3ZhaRi9m.jpg
    lUFjnHIm.jpg

Instructions

Here are some notes before you start :

Make sure you enabled the unlock bootloader option in the developer's settings.

THIS WILL SET KNOX TO 1

I am not responsible for voiding your warranty with this, it's your choice.

1. Download the PC USB drivers for your Phone

2. Download TWRP (link below)

3. Download Odin 3

4. Turn off your phone

5. Boot into download mode (Power + VOL down + Home)

6. In menu select continue (VOL up)

7. Now connect your phone to your PC

8. Open Odin. Make sure your device is recognized.

9. Click PDA on older Odin versions or AP on newer versions

10. Find TWRP

11. Click start and wait until it's done.

12. Reboot into recovery by booting with VOL UP + HOME + POWER and have fun.

Download

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSION! IF YOU NEED PERMISSION THEN PM ME!

If you don't want to risk loosing your data do a backup!!!!!!!!!

TWRP 2.8.7.0

Source code : https://github.com/TWRP-J5

Have fun! :)
    Instructions for specific models

1. How to flash TWRP with locked bootloader by @celta1976

2. How to fix TWRP bootloop (Device restarts into TWRP every time) by @serdotlinecho

1. Instruction for Locked Bootloader Models by @celta1976

1. Download CROM Services, file .apk here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60204006&postcount=5 and install it. Then execute it on the phone.

2. Next up flash this file via odin : https://download.chainfire.eu/718/CF...xx-sme500h.zip

mini_151010121551192706.png

And finally, install TWRP !!

2. How to fix TWRP bootloop by @serdotlinecho

If your TWRP is bootlooping please do the following :

1. Go to sammobile and download the stock Firmware and extract the zip

2. Put your phone into download mode

3. Connect your phone with your pc

4. Open odin and select PDA on older versions or AP on newer versions.

5. Select the stock firmware

6. Click start and wait until its done.

7. Re-flash TWRP.

8. Now you should be able to boot into TWRP and system
    Since this is the most popular thread regarding J5, i'm sharing this here :D
    I've made this custom rom: Stock ROM Advanced .Please read the whole thread and share it, so more people will know about it.
    -Status about CM-

Hey, some of you have been asking if a AOSP based rom will ever come out or if I will ever make one for this device. I've tried this device a few times in my hand (mostly in samsung stores etc.) and find that is actually has quite some potential. Not only design wise but performance wise. Talking about performance. It uses the SD 410 right? Luckily enough many phones, including samsung phones with the SD 410 have CM roms and we all know how much advantage there is when working with snapdragon because of it's open source contributions. However here are the circumstances I would need to even start ROM development for this device.

1. I need to warn you that I am doing absolutely no promise here. One of my weaknesses on XDA has been that I promised too many things that would later result a fail, leaving too many users behind that were hoping for something.

2. I will only start the project when I have time for it. Usually "I don't have time for it" sounds allot like your every day excuse when you're too lazy to do something but in this case i'm too busy with other devices at the moment (Galaxy Tab S2 and S5 mini).

3. I would need to own the device. I've had enough experience trying to build a ROM without having the device and believe me... it's nearly impossible. Now there are following options : 1. Funding together donations so I can buy the device myself. 2. Ship me the device if you live near.
    Be aware that I cannot ever guarrantee that the ROM will function bug free and stable.

So to make it clear, I am still too busy with other devices at the moment. However if i'm free, I believe a CM port will work on this device fairly well. I will notice you when I have time and maybe then we can talk again.
    I think, I don't need custom aosp or cm based rom for this device, maybe debloated or de-knoxed stock firmware would be nice. If someone could port and make flashable samsung music for J5, that would great. The battery life with stock firmware, the standby and screen on time just amazing.

Hello! I've made an rom like 1 week ago: Stock ROM Advanced. About Samsung music, it will come in next version :D

@Force do you have github for ur rom ? I have seen an thread that say's cm rom support up to 10 multi touch, but you need to modify the kernel. Here is it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1384927.
    Hope you or anyone can make also custom kernel for j500. Id like to make too. But i lacked in resources.

Hello! I have a github, however my rom is not built from sources, it is based on stock rom.
    I didn't know that kernel can be modified to support more fingers, but it should be related to hardware.
    I want to make an custom kernel as well, and I lack in knowledge too. But there are guides... :D it still hard though.

There is an github regarding cm for J5: https://github.com/Galaxy-J5 . But it haven't been updated for a while.