FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What is the most used Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015) variant?

SM-J500FN

140 Vote(s)
26.32%
SM-J500F

122 Vote(s)
22.93%
SM-J500G

42 Vote(s)
7.89%
SM-J500M

107 Vote(s)
20.11%
SM-J500H

92 Vote(s)
17.29%
SM-J500Y

7 Vote(s)
1.32%
SM-J500N0

2 Vote(s)
0.38%
SM-J5008

12 Vote(s)
2.26%
SM-J5007

8 Vote(s)
1.50%

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015)

411 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,275

By Nick Verse, Senior Member on 25th September 2016, 09:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Nick Verse: End of support.
7th April 2017, 09:02 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I am interested......j500h don't really have other many options

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift headray Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 09:05 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headray

Same here. I think J500H users in general would be pretty interested, considering how most ROMs for now are not available for this variant.

7th April 2017, 01:22 PM |#503  
Flag Mitrovica
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headray

Same here ✋
8th April 2017, 09:42 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 369

More
@#Henkate I want it too, it's still the fastest, smoothest and most stable rom around for J5. If you can also add the cpu 1.4Ghz Nick's overclock with the gpu 720 one, it would be the best thing ever buddy! I'm looking forward for your release mate be well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JosephDM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JosephDM Ad-Free
9th April 2017, 02:49 PM |#505  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 29

More
can i install this if i am on stock android 6.0? also on this rom can i still use my external sd card as internal memory?
9th April 2017, 02:51 PM |#506  
Flag Mitrovica
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kRYySTy

can i install this if i am on stock android 6.0? also on this rom can i still use my external sd card as internal memory?

You should be on Lollipop to install this rom!
And no adoptable storage only works on 6.0 and up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gent' For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gent' Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 10:53 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
j5007 folder is empty.
j5007 have ni MM update and also nougat development. Why? and can you please help us to have some developments?
16th April 2017, 12:10 AM |#508  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soso90

j5007 folder is empty.
j5007 have ni MM update and also nougat development. Why? and can you please help us to have some developments?

Because there's no users, J5007 J5008 J500Y and some others have almost no users, making it work to these devices and wasting many hours in development just because of few users, developers don't even include that devices on their sources.

It's like making a rom to work just for one person when there's bugs on other models that hundred of users want to be fixed.

Seems unfair but when it's only one or two persons working on the code to make it all work without help, isn't easy
The Following User Says Thank You to American_Jesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift American_Jesus Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 08:58 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Jesus

Because there's no users, J5007 J5008 J500Y and some others have almost no users, making it work to these devices and wasting many hours in development just because of few users, developers don't even include that devices on their sources.

It's like making a rom to work just for one person when there's bugs on other models that hundred of users want to be fixed.

Seems unfair but when it's only one or two persons working on the code to make it all work without help, isn't easy

"Many hours" I don't know about the other models, but the J500Y can run ROMs built for the J500F just fine (I haven't tried other variants and sometimes you will have to remove the assert line in the updater_script to make the J500F ROMs install). I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to development, but I really don't see the point of not releasing a J500Y version of a ROM when all they have to do is remove/edit one line of code of the J500F version... I've tested this out of multiple ROMs (not just Lollipop but on Marshmallow and Nougat as well) and there have been no noticeable problems so far.
23rd April 2017, 01:17 PM |#510  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlame

"Many hours" I don't know about the other models, but the J500Y can run ROMs built for the J500F just fine (I haven't tried other variants and sometimes you will have to remove the assert line in the updater_script to make the J500F ROMs install). I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to development, but I really don't see the point of not releasing a J500Y version of a ROM when all they have to do is remove/edit one line of code of the J500F version... I've tested this out of multiple ROMs (not just Lollipop but on Marshmallow and Nougat as well) and there have been no noticeable problems so far.

Tell that on other ROMs thread that worked, devs ill try to make it unified with other models.
28th April 2017, 03:34 PM |#511  
Flag フェアリーテイル
Thanks Meter: 3,135

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Henkate

Since Nick and Ganesh aren't here anymore (and probably they wouldn't have updated this one), i will update this rom (rebranded as LineageOS) and it will have GPS fix included by default and some other changes too.

The kernel will also have many changes and there'll be custom profiles like powersave, balanced (default) and gaming, so you'll have the best / recommended settings out of the box. Since there'll be a gaming profile too, I may add GPU OC for that.

The changes I'll make require testing. I'll test for one week and if everything is fine then I'll call it stable.

Why updating cm12.1? It run just fine and probably it still the most stable / bugless rom compared to the other CM/AOSP based roms.

Now don't ask when it will be available as I have my own life too. I think I'll start working on it today.
I will make a new thread once the builds for all models are done.

PS: I'm still not sure if I should build for all models or only for my model since probably you're not interested in 5.1.1 anymore.

As you may know already, ive got Huawei Nova two weeks ago.
Nowadays, my J5 is resting on the desk since im using Huawei Nova and there is no point to use J5 when Nova is better. I keep my J5 as backup phone.

Also, now even J500H users got LOS 13 and 14.1, so there should be even less people interested in a new update for cm12.1.

Im abandoning the update ive talked about because those two reasons (mainly because first reason).

However, i can at least provide a kernel update and i might do that, but its not a promise.

I hope you understand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)