/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
WARNING: KNOX GET VOIDED!
This rom is for J500FN model.I don't know if it does work on J500F or any other model. If you want to try, just remove assert lines in updater-script, BUT i'm not responsible if you brick your phone!
Is working on J500F model. Thank you @the-bomber for confirmation!
Read here to see how to remove assert lines: How to remove assert lines
Post #1 : Features, Download link, how to install the rom, credits.
Post #2 : Changelog, Bugs, to do list
Post #3 : FAQ/TIPS.
I'm Robert, an satisfied and happy user of the Samsung Galaxy J5 ( J500FN), but somehow bored of it since it doesn't have any custom rom or kernel, in few words, xda support. At begin, i was planning to build Cyanogenmod or AOSP and an custom kernel with minimal features, but i lack the knowledge to do it, but it's not impossible, just that i have alot of headache and i'm not that happy with that. I was also planning to do an custom rom too, with many features and many themes available, this is easier, but again alot of headache. I can't promise i would do these, but i may try again to make a better custom rom.
So, here is Stock ROM Advanced. It's just an simple rom, nothing more yet. Check out the features section for more informations.Screenshots attached ( switch XDA theme to 2013 or 2015 theme from bottom of page and click on Screenshots tab if you can't see them.
Please share this XDA thread since Galaxy J5 doesn't have it's own xda forum...
- Based on firmware J500FNXXU1AOI1_J500FNDBT1AOI2_J500FNXXU1AOI1
- Pre-Rooted with SuperSU (v2.66)
- Busybox installed (v1.24.1-osm0sis)
- Zipaligned all system apps (for better utilization of RAM) - What mean this? <--- click
- Deodexed - What mean this? <--- click
- Debloated - removed some samsung apps and some other unecessary apps for more RAM, more internal memory available and less wakelocks (so more battery). More info about removed apps in post #2.
- Knox removed
- Faster boot & shutdown
- Faster than stock? You tell me
Stock_ROM_Advanced <<< click. Just mediafire link for now.
DO NOT MIRROR THE ROM. IF YOU WANT AN MIRROR, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL UPLOAD IT TO THE WEBSITE YOU WISH since i have good network! Thank you!
(it's actually easy to install it, but i've wrote it this way because there may be new people to XDA which just wish the rom and doesn't want to bother by searching to how to do it)
1. Download the rom and put it on your External SD Card ( make sure you have enough space).
2. Download this TWRP recovery: TWRP recovery by @aapav01 - more info about this recovery at CREDITS
You can also use TWRP 3.0 by Nick Verse which is fully working. Big thanks to him as well. If you didn't know yet, he also made a KERNEL for our J5
3. Download ODIN program. I'm using v3.09
4. Enable the OEM unlock bootloader option at developer options (if you can't see Developer Options, then go to Settings > About phone and tap 7 times build number).
5. Reboot your phone in download mode by keeping pressing Power button + home button + volume DOWN button at same time for few seconds. After an blue screen will appear, press volume up button.
6. Connect your phone with usb cable to your PC.
7. Open ODIN program and an number should appear at ID:COM. If it doesn't, then make sure that the phone usb drivers are installed.
8. Click on AP or PDA ( according to the version of odin which you downloaded) and choose the TWRP recovery you've downloaded and click START. Wait until the process finish.
9. Now go to TWRP recovery by keeping pressing Power button + home button + volume UP button at same time for few seconds.
10. Choose Wipe, then Advanced wipe and choose Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache and then Swipe to wipe.
11. Now choose Install and go to the place where you did put the ROM and choose it. Wait till installation finish and DON'T REBOOT YET.
12. Flash GAPPS. I use Open Gapps, ARM 5.1.1 pico version. http://opengapps.org/ . It's XDA thread is HERE .
13. Wipe dalvk cache & cache.
14. Reboot & WAIT 5-10 minutes until it boot!. Only first boot is longer. NOTE: When you reboot, if it ask you for SuperSU choose "do not install".
15. If you followed all the steps carefully, then everything will be OK. Enjoy
@SuperR. for his nice and useful kitchen.
@aapav01 for the TWRP recovery. Big thanks to him because without the recovery, you couldn't even flash the rom!
@osm0sis for busybox
@Chainfire for SuperSU
@Force me, for doing this small rom
Pressing the THANKS button does give me some satisfaction/motivation
Stock ROM Advanced, ROM for all devices (see above for details)
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop 5.1.1 & TWRP ( knox get voided)
Based On: Official Stock ROM
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-01
Last Updated 2016-07-25