LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
** Disclaimer I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war and ends the world as we know it. You have been warned.
- ROM Target Device: Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J5008 | SM-J500H | SM-J500F/G/M/Y | SM-J500FN
- ROM Status: Testing
- ROM OS: LineageOS/LineageOS Go 16.0
- Project GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
- Project Gerrit Review site: https://review.msm8916.com/
- Telegram Channel (for ROM build/completion notifications): https://telegram.me/Samsung_MSM89XX
- Telegram Group (for Q&A): https://telegram.me/joinchat/AJrZvz_pGY7Pvfis9kzMwA
Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
SM-J500F/G/M/Y - j5lte SM-J5008 - j5ltechn SM-J500FN - j5nlte SM-J500H - j53gxx
If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the link below and flash it using the ODIN tool (see Instructions below). You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do:
TWRP Builds: https://download.msm8916.com/TWRP/
ROM Downloads can be found at:
You will probably need to install GApps (Google Apps Suite) as well if you want access to Play Store, and other Google apps. There are two versions:
Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
* Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.
* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].
* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
if you are coming from a stock ROM.
* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:
* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:
adb sideload name_of_zip.zip
to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.
* Download and flash GApps in the same way.
How to provide logcats
* Install samsung device drivers and then the adb utils from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979 * Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb, and from cmd paste this command: adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt then try to reproduce the bug. * The logcat file will be on your desktop.
* Install the adb utils from your distribution's package manager and execute the command: adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt then try to reproduce the bug. * The logcat file will be on your home directory.
* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:
adb connect [ip address here]
Q: Are you taking device requests?
Q: Are you accepting feature requests?
Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?
Q: Can I throw money at you?
A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 16.0 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J5008/H/F/FN/G/M/Y], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5
vince2678, Zakaryan2004, minz1, deadman96385,Dyneteve,vlwwwwww
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: >= 6.0.x MarshMallow
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-08-14