[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Galaxy J5 (2015)

Search This thread

PanGalactic

Oct 31, 2010
I thought I would post my experience here in the hope it may be useful to others.

I wanted to try the latest bootleggers rom from jenslody but wasn't sure what bootloader I had but knew it was important. I tried to update my recovery from OP but as with another user here I only got a black screen, reverting to 3.1.1-1 was fine and so my assumption(allways dangerous) I had LP bootloader. I then updated to the MM bootloader & modem through odin. ( I did experience an issue with the update not taking the first time although it reported passed, not sure if version of odin or me forgetting to untick autoreboot was the cause)

I could then update the recovery from OP no more black screen!

Just an extra note I then used the twrp .img from jenslody to update again through twrp as odin didn't like the odin file md5 error.

Again I hope this is helpful.

Finally Many Many Many Thanks to all involved in keeping this great old phone alive.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Update
3.3.1-1
Changelong
- TWRP repo sync
- Fix FBE error message
- Android 10 compatible
- Add/ensure flashable boot, system, and recovery partitions
- Add internal storage backup/restore
- Add additional partitions for backup/restore (-IMEI 1, IMEI 2, FRP PARTITION, EFS, APNHLOS, RPM, MODEM, HIDDEN, QSEE, QHEE, PERSDATA, USB OTG)
- Add boardconfig flag for backwards compatibility with non-sar setups (compatibility implemented/will be implemented in the future

XELİL TÜRK

May 11, 2017
Tabriz
Update
3.3.1-1
Changelong
- TWRP repo sync
- Fix FBE error message
- Android 10 compatible
- Add additional partitions for backup/restore (-IMEI 1, IMEI 2, FRP PARTITION, EFS, APNHLOS, RPM, MODEM, HIDDEN, QSEE, QHEE, PERSDATA, USB OTG)
- Add boardconfig flag for backwards compatibility with non-sar setups (compatibility implemented/will be implemented in the future

Thank You very much, ❤ ??☪???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy J5 using XDA Labs

mrf090

Nov 10, 2016
Dhaka
Update
3.3.1-1
Changelong
- TWRP repo sync
- Fix FBE error message
- Android 10 compatible
Can u send me the dl link for twrp 3.3.1 j5lte?

joe403

Jan 26, 2021
hey guys, i'm having a problem when trying to install newer twrp version.
when i install a newer version of twrp (current one is 3.1.1-0) i just get a blackscreen when booting into recovery forcing me to reflash my recovery using the twrp app (going back to 3.1.1-0).

PanGalactic seems to have fixed his issue but i'm not really understanding what steps he took, anyone could help me out?

my device : j5nlte (J500FN 2015) with twrp 3.1.1-0 and i have lineageOS 14.1 installed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.5.2_9 FOR GALAXY J5 (2015)

DISCLAIMER : I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY OR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE

FEATURES
    -Standard TWRP 3.5.2 features
    **-Nano and bash removed for now
    -Built with Android 9.0 sources
    -Backup/restore/format/mount:
    -IMEI 1, IMEI 2, FRP PARTITION, EFS, APNHLOS, RPM, MODEM, HIDDEN, QSEE, QHEE, PERSDATA, USB OTG
    -Android 11 compatible
    -Encryption

BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES
    -None so far

***Backup and restore info***

Some have reported having issues backing up and restoring beginning with Android 10, where upon restoring, a bootloop/stalled boot up occurs. A root fix flashable zip was referenced as the fix to this.
    The official solution to this, per TWRP managerial staff, is when backing up the system partition, use the system image instead of system. Its more reliable and efficient.

INSTALLATION
    1. Download TWRP image to your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Install
    -a. via TWRP by selecting Install, Install Image, then select the image.​
    -b. via OrangeFox as a normal install.​
    4. Reboot to recovery.
    5. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

J5LTE (F/G/M/NO/Y)
    https://twrp.me/samsung/j5lte.html

J5NLTE (FN)
    https://twrp.me/samsung/j5nlte.html

J53gxx (H)
    https://twrp.me/samsung/j53gxx.html

J5LTECHN (8)
    https://twrp.me/samsung/j5ltechn.html

Credits
    Zakaryan2004 for his assistance

Sources
    TWRP source: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_omni
    Device and Kernel trees: https://github.com/teamwin

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Galaxy J5 (2015), Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    palmbeach05

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-19

Created 2019-07-07
    Last Updated 2021-04-19
    Update
    3.3.1-1
    Changelong
    - TWRP repo sync
    - Fix FBE error message
    - Android 10 compatible
    any chance that you building twrp for j5xnlte

Possibly. I might as well try to get all the variants up to par. Pm me the different model variants for the j5 2016's and i'll see what i can do over the weekend.