[GUIDE] Full Root For Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro SM-J530F

Search This thread

hentis

Jun 3, 2017
Abingdon
Failed for me

Odin seems to work, but boot into recovery fails during "Installing system update" with "no command"

Android recovery shows:

#(fail to open recovery_cause(No such file or directory)#
#Reboot Recovery Cause is [UNKNOWN])#
No Support SINGLE-SKU
File Based OTA
Supported API: 3
E: unknown volume for path [/ odm]
E: unknown volume for path [/ vendor]
E: unknown volume for path [/ odm]
E: unknown volume for path [/ vendor]

#MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
Sucessfully verified dmverity hash tree

Can still reboot to normal OS, so not broken, but would really like to root and custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Odin seems to work, but boot into recovery fails during "Installing system update" with "no command"

Android recovery shows:

Can still reboot to normal OS, so not broken, but would really like to root and custom recovery.

This upgrade worked however : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-j5/sam...nt/guide-root-twrp-recovery-sm-j530f-t3685871

It did erase all my data .. so be warned :p

matteolhp

May 29, 2014
Hi, after doing this

Step 6. flash Patched boot.img if Present. ( in twrp )

my phone won't turn on, totally blank.

only if i press volume + and - toghether with power the logo samsung appear for a sec.

what to do???:crying:

apaxtc

Aug 6, 2012
galati
but i think i can unroot ,so can i get the samsung updates after unroot
No
If the Warranty Bit is tripped, (if u root) the device displays Knox WARRANTY VOID: 0x01 ....is not reversible
but it is not the problem J530F does not receive android 10/ Q and the room you can write it with odin

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All ..

Today I show You How you can Full Root For Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro SM-J530F

Note

1. Ensure that your Device atleast 50% charge During Flashing Process,to Stop the Accidentally Switch off.
    2.Follow all steps correctly otherwise it cause bootloop.
    3. Must backup NVRAM using this Guide before Doing anything.​
    -----
    Require tools and Files-
    odin Download
    SuperSu Download
    twrp Download
    Patched boot.img Download
    -----
    Part -1) Install twrp Recovery :

Step-1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>.
    To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.

Step-2) Now download the Latest TWRP Recovery for your device.

Step-3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.

Step-4) Run the Odin.exe file on your PC.

Step-5) Connect your Galaxy Device to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.

Step-6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.

Step-7) Once you enter into Download mode, you see anID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.

Step-8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.

Step-9) Now locate and add the twrp–xxx.img.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.

Step-10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“

Step-11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
    This step will Install TWRP Recovery On Your Samsung Device

12) Now Your device will automatically reboot. That’s it. You Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Device successfully.
    ----------
    Part -2) Root :
    Step 1. Download Supersu From above and Save it to Device Storage. [internal or external].

Step 2. Switch off Your Phone and Press Power and volume button to boot Your Device into twrp.

Step 3. On twrp Recovery Go to backup tab and create a nandroid backup, Must Select all partition’s including ESF.

Step 4. Go to wipe tab and Do a factory Reset. Don’t Select any System partition. otherwise it will erase it.

Step 5. Go to install tab, Locate Downloaded SuperSu.zip and Confirm Install, wait for Success Done.

Step 6. flash Patched boot.img if Present. ( in twrp )

Step 7 .Reboot System Now.
    ---------------------------------

So This is a Complete Guide to to Install twrp Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro 2017 :good::fingers-crossed::laugh:​
    Can phone with network lock be rooted ?
    Yes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
    Hi!
    Does this work with the dual sim version? (j530F/DS)

This low space available s**t is driving me mad, need to rooooooot!

Please confirm it works :)

Thank you!
    use this Recovery : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-j5/sam...twrp-samsung-j5-pro-twrp-3-1-10-v2-0-t3728233

then this Kernel : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-j5/sam...velopment/kernel-refined-kernel-v1-0-t3675500

and you should get Root ;)
    I just followed the instruction in the main post and no issue, no need to flash a different kernel ;)
    tutorial video :more zips added with Teamwinrecovery

Hello there

can make pls tutorial video how to make add more zips because this method very important and i dont want make bricks my phone