FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] SM-J730G/GM/F Galaxy J7 Pro

14,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,313

By ashyx, Recognized Contributor on 21st August 2017, 08:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Below you will find my procedure to root the SM-J730G/GM Galaxy J7 Pro - Exynos 7870
(may also work for J730F, see post #3)

This procedure has been tested on J730GMDXU1AQF8 firmware. It may work for future releases or it may not.
If an updated firmware becomes available my advice is to update with FLASHFIRE to maintain root.

DISCLAIMER: YOU FLASH THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE KNOX COUNTER WILL BE TRIPPED AND WILL POTENTIALLY VOID YOUR WARANTY. HAVING THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND IS ALSO ADVISED

NOTE: BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS, ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0/7.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Instructions:

◘ 1. Download the files below:
sm-j730gm_SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3_root_boot_32

ODIN 3.12

SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones

◘ 2. Install the USB driver and ODIN to Windows.

◘ 3. Boot your device to RECOVERY mode then select FACTORY RESET. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE AND YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA. (This procedure is required to remove encryption or your device won't boot)

◘ 4. From RECOVERY, IMMEDIATELY Boot your device to DOWNLOAD mode then connect your USB cable. (DO NOT LET YOUR DEVICE REBOOT NORMALLY OR YOUR DEVICE WILL RE-ENCRYPT)

◘ 5. Run ODIN and place the sm-j730gm_SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3_root_boot_32.tar file as is in the AP slot. Don't change any options and hit START.

◘ 6. Wait for the device to flash and reboot.

◘ 7. Install the SuperSU apk from Play store and you should be rooted.

◘ 8. Have fun!

Credits: Me, @Chainfire(for supersu), @mottx(for testing)

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU FIND MY WORK USEFUL. THANKS.

IF YOU APPRECIATE WHAT I DO AND WISH TO DONATE ME A COFFEE/BEER THEN CLICK HERE OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free

21st August 2017, 10:05 AM |#2  
Flag Guihulngan City
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Great work Thanks hit.

Sir, flashing zips thru Flashfire? I Hope TWRP will be released soooon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Berong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Berong Ad-Free
21st August 2017, 10:46 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
works for 730F
Hi ashyx, thanks you! I can confirm that this method is working for the J7 730F/DS model whith Version J730FXXU1AQF4.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gadgetto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gadgetto Ad-Free
21st August 2017, 04:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Does anyone know why the bloatware can not uninstall on Android 7 Nougat? I have rooted my J730G and use Link2SD app to uninstall the default apps, but the apps can not remove. I can use link2sd app on Android 6 Marshmallow to remove default app.
22nd August 2017, 12:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I use System App Remover from Playstore.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilsor76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilsor76 Ad-Free
22nd August 2017, 01:42 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsor76

I use System App Remover from Playstore.

I have used the apps and others apps but It failed, It looks like storage protection.
Update:
I could removed the apps using ES File Explorer by activated Root Exlorer -> Mount R/W
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redymedan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redymedan Ad-Free
22nd August 2017, 02:19 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag thane
Thanks Meter: 1,003

Donate to Me
More
Great buddy
23rd August 2017, 03:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Is this boot image built from kernel source ? Whats the difference in 64 bit and 32 bit version u gave at oves thread? Pls explain as it will help me for future development

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to terroboy k9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift terroboy k9 Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 06:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 447

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berong

Great work Thanks hit.

Sir, flashing zips thru Flashfire? I Hope TWRP will be released soooon.

TWRP already available here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...1/post73181512
The Following User Says Thank You to v00d007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v00d007 Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 10:35 PM |#10  
Flag Guihulngan City
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d007

TWRP already available here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...1/post73181512

I think its only for GM variants...
The Following User Says Thank You to Berong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Berong Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 10:57 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berong

I think its only for GM variants...

Yes, you are right. It does not work for SM-J730F and SM-J730G (tested). Stuck on samsung logo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)