Welcome to Project Treble For Galaxy J5/J7 2017
ONLY FOR J530X/J730X
Some information you should know..
- This is a full Treble Vendor/Kernel implementation for the Galaxy J5/J7 2017
- If you want to report a Bug, read the F.A.Q First Then provide a logCat OR LoggingKit.zip with detailed explanation
- Read the instructions and the F.A.Q Before installing the rom or posting a reply.
- [FOR DEVS] You may not re-post this vendor for other 7870 Devices. make your own
- Any sort of File Kanging will be reported without hesitation.
Full TREBLE Documentation and guides here : GoogleDocs
So, i have been hesitated to release this project since last year. GSIs are not the most stable and many J users prove they are unable to read. they just want ready stuff. with this project that is not the case. if you skip the instructions/F.A.Qs and notes, dont bother installing this project as you probably wont be able to get it running.
This is a fully featured VENDOR and KERNEL designed for this device to support project treble, it is based on other Exynos 7870 Vendors and modified to support our devices, i have also added few patches and updates that even official 7870 vendors do not have. to get the best possible experience
I have also added a GSI_PATCH zip that should be used if you want to have the least amount of bugs.
The vendor is pretty much bugles, therefore any bugs you face, Report them to the appropriate Threads of the GSI you installed. or github issues section. as those are not mine to fix. i only provide the vendor and kernel that allows GSIs to run on.
- STEPS FOR INSTALLING TREBLE VENDOR:
- Flash “Treble_Jx30F.img” in TWRP as Image (Selecting RECOVERY)
- Reboot recovery.
- Wipe System, Data, Dalvik and Vendor.
- Flash "jxy17lte_Vendor_9.0_v1.0.zip".
- STEPS FOR INSTALLING GSIs:
- Download the desired GSI (it MUST be arm_binder64/A64 Variant)
- unpack it if it wasn't in .IMG format
- Go to TWRP , Install , Install IMAGE
- Pick your GSI and select SYSTEM IMAGE
- Flash "GSI_Patch.zip".
- [OPTIONAL] Flash the “Gapps_patched.zip”
- STEPS FOR INSTALLING GAPPS:
- If you flash Gapps, Google will spam you with fullscreen warnings and notifications about your device not being certified. But don't worry, you can certify it.
- Just reach the homescreen, then proceed to install the "Device ID.apk". Use it to grab the Google Services Framework ID and paste it here: https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
- And paste the ID there. Then wait a few minutes and reboot. Few seconds after rebooting, you'll be done and you'll be able to normally log in as always.
- [OPTIONAL]STEPS FOR INSTALLING Magisk_GAPPS:
** Note : This gapps is recommended for all **
- Download latest gapps from http://opengapps.org
- place in /sdcard or /external_sd
- flash magisk.zip
- flash magiskgapps.zip
- Confirmed working GSIs :
** You can only use ARM_BINDER64 / A64 GSIs **
PHH AOSP V113 : Github
OmniROM GSI : XDA
Liquid Remix : GoogleDrive
Pixel Experience With Gapps : GitHub
Resurrection Remix : RR
XenonHD : TeamHorizon
P.S : only Omni and PHH Do not require the GSI_PATCH_FP The rest do in order to get Fingerprint working
- Known GSI Bugs:
- Bluetooth calls are broken
- Some 3rd party cameras have stretched pictures
- And more here at Github Issue
@corsicanu For general help through out the years
@Kique119 For his awesome testing and documenting this project
@Kique119 @LuanTeles @ion1s @djedjy @vsmhell @fetaiharbin @Mizo2019 @Me2 @LelMwhLwl
And few more that didn't give me their usernames
Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below
Treble, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)
Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/Helios_7870
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest bootloader and modem
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: V1.5
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-16
Last Updated 2019-05-15