FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[8.0.0][UNOFFICIAL][J700P] LineageOS 15.0 for the Galaxy J7

823 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,891

By minz1, Recognized Developer on 16th June 2017, 07:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from minz1: Oreo for the J7 is here!

LineageOS is an AOSP based 8.x.x ROM, with contributions from members of the Android community.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Bugs:
RIL
Wi-Fi
NFC
Camera
USB

What works:
Boots
On-Screen Navigation Bar

DISCLAIMER:
Lineage 15.0 is in no way, shape, or form, stable. Lineage 14.1 is mostly stable. If you want to use bleeding edge builds, flash 15.0. If you're looking for stability, flash 14.1. If you end up deciding to flash Lineage-15.0, updating TWRP is required.

Installation Instructions:
First off, make sure you are running the latest official TWRP. It will be continually updated with support for this ROM's features.
Secondly, ensure at the very least, you are on the MM update. If you are not, then flash the stock ROM via Odin, and perform a system update.
Thirdly, this ROM is ONLY for the SM-J700P, also known as j7ltespr, or the J7 2015 Snapdragon.
  1. Perform a factory reset in TWRP
  2. Select advanced settings under 'Wipe', and wipe 'System'
  3. Flash the LineageOS 15.0/14.1 ROM
  4. Install any other modifications (MindTheGapps (ARM), and/or Lineage SU)
  5. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
  6. Reboot and wait

Downloads:
LineageOS 14.1:
https://download.msm8916.com/Lineage...Y-j7ltespr.zip

LineageOS 15.0:
https://download.msm8916.com/Lineage...Y-j7ltespr.zip

MindTheGapps:

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=170282

TWRP:
https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalax...comsprint.html

LineageOS SU:
https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Stock ROM:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634784392

Feel free to contribute to the project by uploading changes for review at our gerrit, and be sure to hit that thanks button to show that you support this development and/or donate to me via PayPal.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.0 for the Galaxy J700P, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J7

Contributors
minz1, vince2678
Source Code: www.github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: At least on MM previously

Version Information

Created 2017-06-16
Last Updated 2018-03-15
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to minz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th June 2017, 07:11 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Extra Links:
If you'd like to follow along with development and such and help test the ROM before it's completely stable, there is a telegram group that I've created for this purpose.
https://t.me/galaxyJ700P

Quick S/O to @aytex for the banner. He's awesome.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2017, 09:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Good work bro you are awesome if you can builid roms 😀
The Following User Says Thank You to Rep1ks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rep1ks Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 01:31 AM |#4  
Flag Does not matter 😂👌
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Why did you run Lineage OS only for a variant of J7 2015? If this ROM does not work on other variants such as J700M and J700F, please put a warning, this will save several J7 bootloops
18th June 2017, 01:48 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNinja33

Why did you run Lineage OS only for a variant of J7 2015? If this ROM does not work on other variants such as J700M and J700F, please put a warning, this will save several J7 bootloops

Well it says the damn model number of our version and you guys have a thread for your phone. No need of warning, just look.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjrmac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sjrmac Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 03:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this really work? Just so I'm correct, this is for the SM-j700p, I'm using that on boost mobile. I have that same j7 update so I will go ahead if this is real and try it out.

edit**

also how can I find out if I'm using your version of TWRP? I'm pretty sure I might be, but how can I know for sure?

& could you advise which GAPS to download?
18th June 2017, 04:51 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNinja33

In the post title, it says "J700P". I'll make it even more clear in order to prevent this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennucci

Does this really work? Just so I'm correct, this is for the SM-j700p, I'm using that on boost mobile. I have that same j7 update so I will go ahead if this is real and try it out.

edit**

also how can I find out if I'm using your version of TWRP? I'm pretty sure I might be, but how can I know for sure?

& could you advise which GAPS to download?

This build here "works", but soon, after I get all of these bug squashed, there is going to be a build with everything working. And yes, this is for the J700P. I'm not entirely sure how you can tell if you're using my TWRP. If you aren't sure, reflash my TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to minz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2017, 04:14 PM |#8  
Flag Does not matter 😂👌
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minz1

In the post title, it says "J700P". I'll make it even more clear in order to prevent this.

OK understood
18th June 2017, 05:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minz1

This build here "works", but soon, after I get all of these bug squashed, there is going to be a build with everything working. And yes, this is for the J700P. I'm not entirely sure how you can tell if you're using my TWRP. If you aren't sure, reflash my TWRP.

any idea of the hugs involved? Could you create a rough list of bugs you have noticed. Also if you don't mind, do you know where I can get the stock room/other files so I can revert back to default. This is my main phone so I need to make sure I have what I need to make it operable again, just in case it becomes inoperable.

*Edit* also if you wouldnt mind showing me how to use logcat and whatever else I will need to properly test and help isolate things.
19th June 2017, 04:00 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennucci

any idea of the hugs involved? Could you create a rough list of bugs you have noticed. Also if you don't mind, do you know where I can get the stock room/other files so I can revert back to default. This is my main phone so I need to make sure I have what I need to make it operable again, just in case it becomes inoperable.

*Edit* also if you wouldnt mind showing me how to use logcat and whatever else I will need to properly test and help isolate things.

Just make a backup on twrp and save it to your pc if possible.
21st June 2017, 01:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The download link dont work. Can u add alternative link!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)