[RECOVERY][ROOT][TWRP 3.1.1-0] Galaxy J7 - SM-J700T/T1

Search This thread

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Update: looks like it's fixed now. Though, i had to odin flash stock and redo the steps. Magisk would not install even after data wipe in twrp. Odin flash fixed it and Safteynet now passes and root again. That was strange though lol.

Interesting issue that just happened. Magisk mysteriously disappeared and when i installed it manually, it no longer passes safetynet

Last edited:

ElMudshark

Apr 29, 2018
Upstate NY
Cannot get to installed TWRP recovery

SM-J700T 7.1.1 TWRP seems to have installed properly from ODIN but no matter how I try to get to TWRP recovery (via the 3-finger salute OR rebooting via adb reboot recovery) I end up at the stock Android recovery screen.

I still have to install SU or Magisk in order to try other ROMs or even just do a full backup of the configuration I already like, right?

Thanks, all
RG

Reactions: warawuth365

truwrxtacy

May 8, 2012
when i install the TWRP and the Root with the Boot fix, it just gets stuck at the t-mobile boot screen, can someone help please? i'm on 7.1.1 BQK3

devbeeme

May 2, 2015
Ox
Not working for SM-J700T

please help i have tried every twrp and each time i flash it and go into the recovery mode i cant access my phone storage or wipe my device

Reactions: hulashdfkab768

hulashdfkab768

Jul 15, 2019
Thank you so much

Thank you so much this method was the only one that worked for me and it gave very clear and simple instructions again thank you so much!

Reactions: ashyx

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Hey hey owners of the SM-J700T1!

I am still rockin' with the j700t1 phone and will still be rockin' until my next phone is unlockable and root achieved, I wonder how many of us is still left rockin' with our model.

This is a big big huge thanks to ashyx for the custom recovery for our model, just when most have moved on (sadly, no longer unlockable bootloaders if you happen to live in the U.S) to better new "shiny" phones. I'm still hanging on.

Even replaced the battery lol. This phone is truly a gem for rooting.

With that said, i did notice discrepancies in both versions of twrp in the img flash feature and only discovered it recently when i flashed twrp 3.0

In Imge flash feature

twrp 3.0:

System
Boot
Recovery
Cache
Radio

Twrp 3.1
System
Boot
Recovery

For the life of me i was confused as in the description said cache and radio was included.

I was confused all this time because never bothered with 3.0 up until yesterday, and also the fact i had to use system as cache to extract the csc zip in the cache.img (which is needed if you want lte and metropcs wallpapers) lol.

Got to the mystery (at last) and no longer confused (well not up until when i unpacked recovery to look at the fstab file lol)

I see it in fstab but i don't see the missing partitions in recovery. I did manage to add sdext2 and now shows in recovery and works flawlessly. No more third party apps to format sdext2 of the micro-sdcard (yay lol)

But anyways, how do i add cache partition in the imge flash?

Once again, a big huge thank to you ashyx [emoji106][emoji106][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

El_Diabolical

Sep 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20
I think if you format data.. It should (I mean Should ,as I'm guessing)...CREATE it for you...but that would obviously ERASE whatever is on the current Rom...[emoji848] RIP CACHE

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
I think if you format data.. It should (I mean Should ,as I'm guessing)...CREATE it for you...but that would obviously ERASE whatever is on the current Rom...[emoji848] RIP CACHE

This is for the manual image flash feature when you want to install zips/images. cache, radio are not showing in twrp 3.1

Last edited:

El_Diabolical

Sep 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20
Oh you mean from ODIN Yeah I was thinking to far ahead...Sorry...Since CACHE is partition related...ODIN does have a Re-partition button when flashing TWRP.img file... That should "repair" it...but I saw a mention about .tar.md5 files from some ODIN Feature guide...so that's what I'm referring too...take a look...Obviously I'm a noob...That just found out how to flash s**t...[emoji848]

http://www.droidforums.net/threads/guide-complete-samsung-odin-v3-xx-options-and-reference.278159/

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Oh you mean from ODIN Yeah I was thinking to far ahead...Sorry...Since CACHE is partition related...ODIN does have a Re-partition button when flashing TWRP.img file... That should "repair" it...but I saw a mention about .tar.md5 files from some ODIN Feature guide...so that's what I'm referring too...take a look...Obviously I'm a noob...That just found out how to flash s**t...[emoji848]

http://www.droidforums.net/threads/guide-complete-samsung-odin-v3-xx-options-and-reference.278159/

There is no need to re-partition or odin. The image flash allows you to flash directly withou the need of odin. Cache does shows to mount to browse in just does not show when it comes to select the cache.img to flash cache partition.

In twrp 3.0 the cache shows for image flash. The workaround i have is to flash cache.img in system before flashing system.img because you are going to need the csc.zip to install or your phone will not work properly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J7- SM-J700T/T1, Exynos7580

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Update 20/11/2017
    TWRP 3.1.1-1 NN build released.

Update 20/2/2017
    TWRP 3.0.3-1 MM build released.

Current status: BETA

Features:

MTP working
    ADB working
    SEANDROID warning fix
    TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
    Factory Image flashing(see below)
    NTFS support
    F2FS support >> To be added
    Twrp app support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
    Basically this means factory images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP instead of ODIN. I have extended this feature to include BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM, CACHE, HIDDEN and RADIO(MODEM) partitions.
    This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.
    NOTE: To flash the modem, first it needs to be renamed to modem.bin.img

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
    Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

NOUGAT DOWNLOAD:
    twrp_3.1.1-0_sm-j700t_201117

MARSHMALLOW DOWNLOAD:
    twrp_3.0.3-1_sm-j700t_23217

To Root:
    Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

To disable forced encryption and mount internal storage /DATA:
    (Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)

1. Boot to Twrp
    2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
    (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
    3. Check DATA is mountable.
    4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
    5. Install boot image patch below.
    6. Reboot

Boot image patch
    no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Screenshot_2016_03_05_08_13_44_1.png

DnoCrqh.png

VAm49c4.png

ytBFf13.png

ONLSkMi.png

Credits: Me, @slipk487, Teamwin
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

I tried SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip and I am doing systemless. At least thats what I see.

Hm very strange. Try reflashing your kernel (boot.img) then flash Supersu V2.79 (stable) then flash ash's encryption breaker.
    It's a good thing i checked before flashing. It is probably going to be awhile before we see a updated version of twrp. Well this just sucks
    Patience my young padawan, TWRP Jedi is on the case. Just waiting for a response from Samsung.
    Bootlooped on my j700t1
    Is your firmware up to date, the kernel is built using the latest sources?
    Since i will be formatting how do i recover all my info and apps? Just reload google cloud data?

Since i dont have an SD card i just use internal data storage is there anyway to do it? If i have to i can go get a small sd card.

Also can i just load the stage fright rom without mounting internal storage?

Thank for for the help!
    You can use smartswitch mobile to backup your settings and data without root.

You can also side load supersu and the boot patch via adb.
    I suggest you root first with ADB sideload in TWRP. Then you can use something like Titanium backup to make a full backup of everything.