FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery][J710F/FN/GN/MN/K] Official TWRP for j7xelte (Galaxy J7 2016 Exynos)

1,491 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2016, 07:13 AM |#21  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Chat doest not exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMii

Join us Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 users Samsung Galaxy J7 ⑥ Official Group in Telegram

• Here you can chat with anyone.
  • Here many xda developers are present.
  • Here you can share any kind of data and files in any size.
  • And the biggest thing is that here you will get instant solution to any problem.

Telegram Group Link : https://telegram.me/joinchat/Cmh8LUAs6AGqQKoOb8r1MQ

Regard by @KeMii

This chat grp does nt exists. I gt such error

11th October 2016, 04:31 PM |#22  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 28

More
It Still Can't Make nandroid can it? J710F
11th October 2016, 06:05 PM |#23  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcadduono

Normally on the newer Samsung devices we can flash https://idlekernel.com/fun-stuff-tru...y-opt-encrypt/ and then go to the wipe page and use [Format Data] to turn off encryption.

Which file to flash, there are two files on the page linked; zip and zip.sha1 named as, see below

no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip
AND
no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip.sha1
The Following User Says Thank You to SidRose01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SidRose01 Ad-Free
12th October 2016, 07:55 AM |#24  
Flag Mumbai

More
what is the use of file "no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcadduono

Normally on the newer Samsung devices we can flash https://idlekernel.com/fun-stuff-tru...y-opt-encrypt/ and then go to the wipe page and use [Format Data] to turn off encryption.

i did Format Data, then i was able to see that my internal storage was mouted,
then I flashed no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip file from the link with TWRP and again did Format Data
I did system reboot and then rebooted to TWRP, again my internal storage was NOT mounted

what is the use of flashing "no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip"
12th October 2016, 12:02 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi!
I give my contribute.
Here a full Video Tutorial after searching in XDA and 4PDA forum. Hope will help.
https://youtu.be/bkT8kZ8hb28
Enjoy your TWRP Recovery and Root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mast3rf0x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mast3rf0x Ad-Free
14th October 2016, 11:54 PM |#26  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,374

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddam.khan999

i did Format Data, then i was able to see that my internal storage was mouted,
then I flashed no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip file from the link with TWRP and again did Format Data
I did system reboot and then rebooted to TWRP, again my internal storage was NOT mounted

what is the use of flashing "no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip"

You can try this, works for some other devices that were having the same issue.

Flash with twrp then *FORMAT DATA* (not wipe!)
Reboot to recovery to see if data is still mountable.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424951049

The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
15th October 2016, 01:10 PM |#27  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

You can try this, works for some other devices that were having the same issue.

Flash with twrp then *FORMAT DATA* (not wipe!)
Reboot to recovery to see if data is still mountable.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424951049

This also did not worked
Also after flashing this I am unable to add google a/c, it says "there was a problem communicating google servers, pls try again later"

i backed up 'host' file and then deleted it from the etc folder in root directory... Now I'm able to add Google a/c
But still unable to mount internal storage.

Anyways thanks everyone for all your efforts, I appreciate everyone for replying
The Following User Says Thank You to SidRose01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SidRose01 Ad-Free
16th October 2016, 10:50 AM |#28  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This also did not worked
Also after flashing this I am unable to add google a/c, it says "there was a problem communicating google servers, pls try again later"

i backed up 'host' file and then deleted it from the etc folder in root directory... Now I'm able to add Google a/c
But still unable to mount internal storage.

Anyways thanks everyone for all your efforts, I appreciate everyone for replying

Did you ensure you did NOT boot to the OS before flashing the patch.
You MUST flash the patch first then immediately FORMAT DATA. Reboot to TWRP, check DATA can be mounted.
If DATA can be mounted encryption had been removed.
16th October 2016, 05:20 PM |#29  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

Did you ensure you did NOT boot to the OS before flashing the patch.
You MUST flash the patch first then immediately FORMAT DATA. Reboot to TWRP, check DATA can be mounted.
If DATA can be mounted encryption had been removed.

my device is already rooted also having TWRP on it.
I flashed your zip file in the link using twrp, then immediately FORMAT DATA (not wipe), then inside TWRP I clicked REBOOT then clicked RECOVERY, it was mounted.
then I REBOOT to SYSTEM, OS was good, then again rebooted to TWRP, it was not mounted
16th October 2016, 07:02 PM |#30  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

my device is already rooted also having TWRP on it.
I flashed your zip file in the link using twrp, then immediately FORMAT DATA (not wipe), then inside TWRP I clicked REBOOT then clicked RECOVERY, it was mounted.
then I REBOOT to SYSTEM, OS was good, then again rebooted to TWRP, it was not mounted

OK, just to be clear, you're not flashing SuperSU after flashing the patcher or anything?

Any chance you could make a backup of your boot partition with twrp and then post it up so I can check it over?
16th October 2016, 07:57 PM |#31  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

OK, just to be clear, you're not flashing SuperSU after flashing the patcher or anything?

Any chance you could make a backup of your boot partition with twrp and then post it up so I can check it over?

Sorry, this is how it goes... 1st format data..., 2nd flash the patcher in twrp & AGAIN FORMAT DATA...., 3rd flash SuperSU in twrp..., 4th Reboot to OS..., 5th reboot to TWRP..... 6th internal storage not mounted

I already have complete TWRP backup of my system, efs, boot & everything from the 1st time when I flashed TWRP via Odin and flashed Super SU via TWRP, at that time I did NOT flashed any kernal, also NOT your patch,... is it fine if I give the backup of boot of that time.. not the recent one
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy j7, j7 2016, j7 exynos, recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)