FORUMS

[Q&A] [ROM][Galaxy Light T399][ANG6] LightWave V3[Fast]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 13th October 2014, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ROM][Galaxy Light T399][ANG6] LightWave V3[Fast]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:
13th October 2014, 09:12 PM |#2  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Will this custom ROM unlock the phone?
I have bought this phone from T-Mobile, but chose the wrong option when buying (not the unlocked one) and now the only way I could find to unlock the phone would be paying for the network unlock code (around $30).

Would anyone know if by flashing this ROM it will unlock the phone to use another carrier's SIM card?

Any other option on how to unlock the phone using another method would also be greatly appreciated.
14th October 2014, 03:48 PM |#3  
Flag Curitiba

More
No, the custom ROM will not unlock the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuqui

I have bought this phone from T-Mobile, but chose the wrong option when buying (not the unlocked one) and now the only way I could find to unlock the phone would be paying for the network unlock code (around $30).

Would anyone know if by flashing this ROM it will unlock the phone to use another carrier's SIM card?

Any other option on how to unlock the phone using another method would also be greatly appreciated.

Already found the answer to my own question. I flashed the custom ROM to the locked phone and tried to place a SIM card in it, but still get the Invalid SIM card message and it requests the network unlock code.
16th October 2014, 06:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I can also say that kitkat metropcs twrp backup works on the Univision variant and it works with a sim card from another country, thanks!!

EDIT: This ROM won't unlock your phone, this is another part of the device that is not dependant on the rom, to unlock you'll need an unlocking box like z3x, or pay for an imei unlock code, mine could be unlocked with 13 dlls from unlockscout, samsungs made in china.
17th October 2014, 12:37 PM |#5  

More
What is the version 4.4 or 4.2?
17th October 2014, 06:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg_mc

What is the version 4.4 or 4.2?

17th October 2014, 10:11 PM |#7  
Flag Curitiba

More
Phone is now unlocked and updated to Kit Kat
Indeed, the part of the phone responsible for the network lock is not messed with by the custom ROM or the update to Kit Kat method, but I actually found a way to unlock without a z3x box or having to buy the unlock code online.
The phone I was trying to unlock is a friend's phone, but I have my own phone and it was bought already unlocked, and is the same model. The trick here was to find out that the network code lock was part of the EFS partition. I made a full backup of my phone (unlocked) through TWRP and restored it in my friend's phone. It did unlock. Then it was just a matter of resetting to factory defaults and performing the procedure to update to Kit Kat and it now is unlocked and updated. \o/
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuqui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spuqui Ad-Free
18th October 2014, 12:00 AM |#8  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuqui

Indeed, the part of the phone responsible for the network lock is not messed with by the custom ROM or the update to Kit Kat method, but I actually found a way to unlock without a z3x box or having to buy the unlock code online.
The phone I was trying to unlock is a friend's phone, but I have my own phone and it was bought already unlocked, and is the same model. The trick here was to find out that the network code lock was part of the EFS partition. I made a full backup of my phone (unlocked) through TWRP and restored it in my friend's phone. It did unlock. Then it was just a matter of resetting to factory defaults and performing the procedure to update to Kit Kat and it now is unlocked and updated. \o/

Heres my question, if the phone is from tmobile how did you get kitkat? Unless you did it with the METRO backup
18th October 2014, 06:49 AM |#9  

More
cm version
Thanks. Looking forward for that CM ROM.

One potentially noob question: cm11 is based on 4.4 while this device is officially still 4.2.2. Would that be OK?
18th October 2014, 07:37 AM |#10  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Yes thats why people started making xustom roms
18th October 2014, 07:44 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaniondvl

Heres my question, if the phone is from tmobile how did you get kitkat? Unless you did it with the METRO backup

I read somewhere that someone was trying to download KK update from T-Mobile this could be just a 4.2 update or they could be pushing it. Maybe new lights are shipping with KK as well who knows

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmetneset

Thanks. Looking forward for that CM ROM.

One potentially noob question: cm11 is based on 4.4 while this device is officially still 4.2.2. Would that be OK?

There are many phones who are stuck on outdated firmware. Gnex, nexus s, htc mytouch 4g/slide all running kit Kat. Many many more examples. The Roms may not be stable due to various reasons (no source, outdated hardware, lack of Dev etc) it is possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa, galaxy-light

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)