[Q&A] [ROM][Galaxy Light T399][ANG6] LightWave V3[Fast]

Search This thread

j0hnny4rc4de

Jul 8, 2015
I get "PIN to unlock SIM service provider". I have it installed on my SGH-T399N. It runs smooth, I can say that.

KatharsisSoul

Jul 9, 2015
Not registered on Network

Hi, I hope you can help me with this problem

I have the stock kk rom on my t399n from Metropcs, It's unlocked, everything was working great, but since yesterday can't connetc to any network, it says "searching", and some times says "Not registered on network", I have flashed the "T399_NUVUANH1_RADIO.ZIP" but nothing happend.

I reinstalled from zero with Kies the stock rom kk 4.4.2, and the problem persists, I don't have a backup of the EFS.

It detecs and somehow connects to the network because there is signal but not registered on it, can't call, message and I can't manual select the network because there's an error when I try.

The IMEI is fine, no null or fake IMEI.

Can anyone help me, thanks

This is my first post because I'm new with the phone, like a month. :good:

KatharsisSoul

Jul 9, 2015
Fake IMEI

Ok so I tried a few stock roms trying to fix my problem but I couldn't make it work.

Now I see that my IMEI is fake, a generic one.

Do I need to use a "box" like z3x to fix my problem, or there's a way to do it without a box?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

sahi2myfriend

Nov 13, 2012
San Bernardino
Ok so I tried a few stock roms trying to fix my problem but I couldn't make it work.

Now I see that my IMEI is fake, a generic one.

Do I need to use a "box" like z3x to fix my problem, or there's a way to do it without a box?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You need to call metro from a different phone and register your sim to that phone. Even if was working on another phone b4 you still need them to program it to the phone you are going to use.

mustele

Sep 8, 2015
I have a phone T399N Metropc, IMEI generic and has not registered on the network.

With this file I can repair the network issue? T399_NUVUANH1_Radio.zip

DJBoxer

Aug 9, 2010
Lomita
I have a phone T399N Metropc, IMEI generic and has not registered on the network.

With this file I can repair the network issue? T399_NUVUANH1_Radio.zip

So you have the metro Pcs T399N Galaxy Light and you wish to flash the tmobile radio? :silly:

SGH-T399N =metropcs

SGH-T399 =Tmobile

if you are Metropcs then flash the modem.bin from stock using odin.

Best bet i would say is return to Stock may resolve your network issues.

Here is link to Metropcs Stock Firmware

DJBoxer

Aug 9, 2010
Lomita
After installing this ROM cannot call. this error can not call

Well thats plenty of detail to go on ?

what model you using is metro or tmo
did you follow install correctly ?
when did the error occur?
did you know this firmware is outdated?
have you read thru this thread or did you just come to conclusion of stomping your feet and posting i have a error knowing possibly firmware you installed is outdated upon reading info :silly:

rob0077

Jan 15, 2017
Do not boot the system after installation odin finish

I install the rom on my T-mobile sgh-t399 but it does not go through the recovery and it does not boot the system always stuck in the letters of samsung. Somebody could help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im assed out. could someone help a nerd out please im dying over here.

This flashes the T399N radio. Install through recovery.
    Thanks. Looking forward for that CM ROM.

One potentially noob question: cm11 is based on 4.4 while this device is officially still 4.2.2. Would that be OK?
    The work I'm doing is based on the metro PCs released kernel source and device files which are 4.4. They have the same everything just different bloat from carrier.
    Hopefully we'll see a KK V4 sometime, else back to rooted stockrom.:(

He and another developer are working on a CyanogenMod port. I don't know if this ROM was abandoned or merely postponed, but CyanogenMod will be far better than the stock ROM.
    LightwaveV3 contacts will fail

Good morning!
    I am a noob, so please bear with me. I was wondering if II could flash the lightwave rom using flashify instead of Odin? Also...I assume that I first need to have the ANG6 rom prior to flashing liglightwave first, correct? I'm running the ANE1 rom now, rooted and unlocked on my sgh-t399 from tmobile.
    Thank you for all your hard work!!

whether you load this rom via flashify, trwp or odin the contact app will fail you within a day's time. All runs great until it does. V4 will hopefully come out soon. The CM-12 that unjust dev has loads and works except for intermittent call audio. Best to wait for a while for next round of available roms to try.
    FINALLY.

So I downloaded the latest firmware:
    Model: SGH-T399
    Model name: GALAXY Light
    Version: Android 4.2.2
    Changelist: 2748916
    Build date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:57:15 +0000
    Product Code: TMB
    PDA: T399UVUANI2
    CSC: T399TMBANI2
    MODEM: T399UVUANI2​
    and flashed it, then booted without the sim card. The problem is that it cannot be rooted (at least by the TWRP flash method). I can get the oldest firmware (MJ4) and flash that over this one, but doesn't that defeat the purpose? I'll try it anyways...without the sim card. I did see a firmware by @root@ that I believe is newer and is prerooted, but the download constantly fails because the site is terrible. Here.

Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC Kies
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 October 4.2.2 T399UVUANI2 T399TMBANI2
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 July 4.2.2 T399UVUANG6 T399TMBANG6
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 May 4.2.2 T399UVUANE4 T399TMBANE4
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 April 4.2.2 T399UVUAMJ4 T399TMBAMJ4

Alright...Update.

My previous method for attempting to root the latest firmware (NI2) was to restore to stock MJ4 (no root), do the OTA update to NI2, and then attempt root. That didn't work, at least the two times that I tried. I'm not sure what's different, but this time, with the firmware from Sammobile, I was able to root afterwards.

And now....IT WORKS! (Just finished the process). Thanks a lot. Besides your suggestions, this time around I just wiped the system partition (no dalvik and cache).

So the entire process, for anyone that's having problems:

1. Flash newest firmware.
    Backup your data to your external sd card. Take out your external sd card. Flash the newest firmware from Sammobile (T399UVUANI2) using Odin. Google Odin flashing instructions if you don't know how to do it. Do not go the MJ4 (or whatever previous firmware you have) -> OTA upgrade -> Root, route. I don't think it works. Boot into the new firmware. I went through the Google login process, but I'm guessing that's not necessary?

2. Flash TWRP/Obtain root
    Flash TWRP to your phone: http://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t2823555 using Odin (linked above).

3. Get TWRP backup folder onto your external sd card.
    I don't know of another way to do this (it seems unnecessarily difficult). Replace your external sd card. Boot into TWRP (vol. up+power+home). Then go to "backup" and choose your external sd card. Backup something small, not data! It's unnecessary. This creates the TWRP backup folder. Use the menu to power down your phone. When it asks if you want to install SuperSU, do it.

4. Place KitKat files on external sd card.
    Go here on your PC: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56059019&postcount=268 and download the two files (TWRP backup and kernel zip). Navigate to your external sd card on your pc and go to the TWRP/Backup/*some numbers here*/*a date and some letters here*/ folder. It's basically the last subfolder in the TWRP folder. Delete the backup files there and add the 4 TWRP KitKat backup files you downloaded from the link. You can place the zip file anywhere on the external sd, just remember where. You could do these file operations/downloads using Android, but it's kind of a hassle.

5. Restore KitKat Backup/Flash kernel zip
    Boot into TWRP. Wipe the system partition ONLY (perhaps you can wipe the others, but I didn't). Restore the backup. Install the kernel zip file.

Thanks again Unjustified!