[Q&A] [ROM][Galaxy Light T399][ANG6] LightWave V3[Fast]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][Galaxy Light T399][ANG6] LightWave V3[Fast]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Spuqui

Oct 13, 2014
Curitiba
Will this custom ROM unlock the phone?

I have bought this phone from T-Mobile, but chose the wrong option when buying (not the unlocked one) and now the only way I could find to unlock the phone would be paying for the network unlock code (around $30).

Would anyone know if by flashing this ROM it will unlock the phone to use another carrier's SIM card?

Any other option on how to unlock the phone using another method would also be greatly appreciated.

Spuqui

Oct 13, 2014
Curitiba
No, the custom ROM will not unlock the phone

I have bought this phone from T-Mobile, but chose the wrong option when buying (not the unlocked one) and now the only way I could find to unlock the phone would be paying for the network unlock code (around $30).

Would anyone know if by flashing this ROM it will unlock the phone to use another carrier's SIM card?

Any other option on how to unlock the phone using another method would also be greatly appreciated.

Already found the answer to my own question. I flashed the custom ROM to the locked phone and tried to place a SIM card in it, but still get the Invalid SIM card message and it requests the network unlock code. :(

NetoSenpai

Aug 8, 2014
I can also say that kitkat metropcs twrp backup works on the Univision variant and it works with a sim card from another country, thanks!!

EDIT: This ROM won't unlock your phone, this is another part of the device that is not dependant on the rom, to unlock you'll need an unlocking box like z3x, or pay for an imei unlock code, mine could be unlocked with 13 dlls from unlockscout, samsungs made in china.

Last edited:

Spuqui

Oct 13, 2014
Curitiba
Phone is now unlocked and updated to Kit Kat

Indeed, the part of the phone responsible for the network lock is not messed with by the custom ROM or the update to Kit Kat method, but I actually found a way to unlock without a z3x box or having to buy the unlock code online.
The phone I was trying to unlock is a friend's phone, but I have my own phone and it was bought already unlocked, and is the same model. The trick here was to find out that the network code lock was part of the EFS partition. I made a full backup of my phone (unlocked) through TWRP and restored it in my friend's phone. It did unlock. Then it was just a matter of resetting to factory defaults and performing the procedure to update to Kit Kat and it now is unlocked and updated. \o/

Reactions: NetoSenpai

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
Indeed, the part of the phone responsible for the network lock is not messed with by the custom ROM or the update to Kit Kat method, but I actually found a way to unlock without a z3x box or having to buy the unlock code online.
The phone I was trying to unlock is a friend's phone, but I have my own phone and it was bought already unlocked, and is the same model. The trick here was to find out that the network code lock was part of the EFS partition. I made a full backup of my phone (unlocked) through TWRP and restored it in my friend's phone. It did unlock. Then it was just a matter of resetting to factory defaults and performing the procedure to update to Kit Kat and it now is unlocked and updated. \o/

Heres my question, if the phone is from tmobile how did you get kitkat? Unless you did it with the METRO backup

mehmetneset

Oct 18, 2014
cm version

Thanks. Looking forward for that CM ROM.

One potentially noob question: cm11 is based on 4.4 while this device is officially still 4.2.2. Would that be OK?

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Heres my question, if the phone is from tmobile how did you get kitkat? Unless you did it with the METRO backup

I read somewhere that someone was trying to download KK update from T-Mobile this could be just a 4.2 update or they could be pushing it. Maybe new lights are shipping with KK as well who knows

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

One potentially noob question: cm11 is based on 4.4 while this device is officially still 4.2.2. Would that be OK?

There are many phones who are stuck on outdated firmware. Gnex, nexus s, htc mytouch 4g/slide all running kit Kat. Many many more examples. The Roms may not be stable due to various reasons (no source, outdated hardware, lack of Dev etc) it is possible

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
Is there a test that will show if a phone is locked or not. I hosed my efs partition a while back and had to format it, change permissions, and reset to factory default to get my Galaxy Light to boot. Does that mean that my phone is unlocked?

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN

The work I'm doing is based on the metro PCs released kernel source and device files which are 4.4. They have the same everything just different bloat from carrier.

Spuqui

Oct 13, 2014
Curitiba
Is there a test that will show if a phone is locked or not. I hosed my efs partition a while back and had to format it, change permissions, and reset to factory default to get my Galaxy Light to boot. Does that mean that my phone is unlocked?

I believe you are looking for an app that is able to test if the phone is network locked or not. I do not know of such an app. The basic test you can do is try to insert a SIM card from another operator and see if it allows it or displays the message of it being an invalid SIM, asking for the network unlock code. And you don't need to buy another SIM, just borrow a friend's, it will only take a minute...

Reactions: GJSmith3rd

M3gaBit3

Jun 8, 2013
Fort Worth TX
Greetings XDA Zombies!
Got the T399NUVUANH1 working on my T-Mobile T399. Having issues getting ViPER4Android FX drivers to work. Have BusyBox Pro and seems that it wont install property. The ViPER4 2.3 version says the drivers are installed but actually not working, and the ViPER4 4.x version I keep getting the drivers failed.

Appreciate any help.

Footnote: X Tether works!
Bummer. Think TMO watching XDA and clamping down on whatever loose ends they can bind.:mad:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im assed out. could someone help a nerd out please im dying over here.

This flashes the T399N radio. Install through recovery.

The work I'm doing is based on the metro PCs released kernel source and device files which are 4.4. They have the same everything just different bloat from carrier.
    Hopefully we'll see a KK V4 sometime, else back to rooted stockrom.:(

He and another developer are working on a CyanogenMod port. I don't know if this ROM was abandoned or merely postponed, but CyanogenMod will be far better than the stock ROM.
    LightwaveV3 contacts will fail

Good morning!
    I am a noob, so please bear with me. I was wondering if II could flash the lightwave rom using flashify instead of Odin? Also...I assume that I first need to have the ANG6 rom prior to flashing liglightwave first, correct? I'm running the ANE1 rom now, rooted and unlocked on my sgh-t399 from tmobile.
    Thank you for all your hard work!!

whether you load this rom via flashify, trwp or odin the contact app will fail you within a day's time. All runs great until it does. V4 will hopefully come out soon. The CM-12 that unjust dev has loads and works except for intermittent call audio. Best to wait for a while for next round of available roms to try.
    FINALLY.

So I downloaded the latest firmware:
    Model: SGH-T399
    Model name: GALAXY Light
    Version: Android 4.2.2
    Changelist: 2748916
    Build date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:57:15 +0000
    Product Code: TMB
    PDA: T399UVUANI2
    CSC: T399TMBANI2
    MODEM: T399UVUANI2​
    and flashed it, then booted without the sim card. The problem is that it cannot be rooted (at least by the TWRP flash method). I can get the oldest firmware (MJ4) and flash that over this one, but doesn't that defeat the purpose? I'll try it anyways...without the sim card. I did see a firmware by @root@ that I believe is newer and is prerooted, but the download constantly fails because the site is terrible. Here.

Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC Kies
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 October 4.2.2 T399UVUANI2 T399TMBANI2
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 July 4.2.2 T399UVUANG6 T399TMBANG6
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 May 4.2.2 T399UVUANE4 T399TMBANE4
    SGH-T399 USA (T-Mobile) 2014 April 4.2.2 T399UVUAMJ4 T399TMBAMJ4

Alright...Update.

My previous method for attempting to root the latest firmware (NI2) was to restore to stock MJ4 (no root), do the OTA update to NI2, and then attempt root. That didn't work, at least the two times that I tried. I'm not sure what's different, but this time, with the firmware from Sammobile, I was able to root afterwards.

And now....IT WORKS! (Just finished the process). Thanks a lot. Besides your suggestions, this time around I just wiped the system partition (no dalvik and cache).

So the entire process, for anyone that's having problems:

1. Flash newest firmware.
    Backup your data to your external sd card. Take out your external sd card. Flash the newest firmware from Sammobile (T399UVUANI2) using Odin. Google Odin flashing instructions if you don't know how to do it. Do not go the MJ4 (or whatever previous firmware you have) -> OTA upgrade -> Root, route. I don't think it works. Boot into the new firmware. I went through the Google login process, but I'm guessing that's not necessary?

2. Flash TWRP/Obtain root
    Flash TWRP to your phone: http://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t2823555 using Odin (linked above).

3. Get TWRP backup folder onto your external sd card.
    I don't know of another way to do this (it seems unnecessarily difficult). Replace your external sd card. Boot into TWRP (vol. up+power+home). Then go to "backup" and choose your external sd card. Backup something small, not data! It's unnecessary. This creates the TWRP backup folder. Use the menu to power down your phone. When it asks if you want to install SuperSU, do it.

4. Place KitKat files on external sd card.
    Go here on your PC: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56059019&postcount=268 and download the two files (TWRP backup and kernel zip). Navigate to your external sd card on your pc and go to the TWRP/Backup/*some numbers here*/*a date and some letters here*/ folder. It's basically the last subfolder in the TWRP folder. Delete the backup files there and add the 4 TWRP KitKat backup files you downloaded from the link. You can place the zip file anywhere on the external sd, just remember where. You could do these file operations/downloads using Android, but it's kind of a hassle.

5. Restore KitKat Backup/Flash kernel zip
    Boot into TWRP. Wipe the system partition ONLY (perhaps you can wipe the others, but I didn't). Restore the backup. Install the kernel zip file.

Thanks again Unjustified!