Debrick SPH-L600 sprint mega SOLVED

Search This thread

ashikrobi

Mar 14, 2014
Comilla
It worked!

Yes i am using an installed version of ubuntu 14.04. I was also not able to view partitions after i wrote the image to sdcard. But after i reinsert the card it showed all partitions and maybe mounted modem partition contents. I could view partitions with windows 7 also.

But when i try to boot the phone with this sdcard nothing happened. I tried several times but failed. What can i do now? DarkAngel please tell me a way to unbrick my phone.
Thanks

Yes yes yes!!! :victory: it worked finally. DarkAngel you are the man. After more then 20 days my phone has come to life for you. I am thanking you from my heart. Thanks a lot. Thanks.

Reactions: DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
Yes yes yes!!! :victory: it worked finally. DarkAngel you are the man. After more then 20 days my phone has come to life for you. I am thanking you from my heart. Thanks a lot. Thanks.

:highfive: Excellent! Now make a complete backup of your phone and also make a debrick image for yourself. You can make it as big as you like. You can also extract the stock recovery for maybe a later time, for upgrading ( if we ever see an update for it again to L ..... :rolleyes:).

Please explain what you did if different that the tutorials just in case for others to know, that have an L600 Sprint version. This can benefit not just us but maybe others in the future for sure.

If you can, modify the original title on your original post to say [ SOLVED ] or [ FIXED ] .and I will leave my debrick image up for others.

Good Job! :good:

Last edited:

ashikrobi

Mar 14, 2014
Comilla
Missed those tutorials

:highfive: Excellent! Now make a complete backup of your phone and also make a debrick image for yourself. You can make it as big as you like. You can also extract the stock recovery for maybe a later time, for upgrading ( if we ever see an update for it again to L ..... :rolleyes:).

Please explain what you did if different that the tutorials just in case for others to know, that have an L600 Sprint version. This can benefit not just us but maybe others in the future for sure.

If you can, modify the original title on your original post to say [ SOLVED ] or [ FIXED ] .and I will leave my debrick image up for others.

Good Job! :good:

Nothing special, i missed your tutorial the other day. After i done writing the img, i took out the SD card and put it into the phone. With the battery in the phone, i inserted the SD card, plugged the phone into my pc and tried to boot into download mode by pressing volume down, menu and power button. And it magically worked.

I have changed the title of my first post. Please take a look and tell me if it is okay. I have a question, you said i can make debrick image as big as i want. What will be the command. Can you post a tutorial on this please.
Thanks DarkAngel.

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
Nothing special, i missed your tutorial the other day. After i done writing the img, i took out the SD card and put it into the phone. With the battery in the phone, i inserted the SD card, plugged the phone into my pc and tried to boot into download mode by pressing volume down, menu and power button. And it magically worked.

I have changed the title of my first post. Please take a look and tell me if it is okay. I have a question, you said i can make debrick image as big as i want. What will be the command. Can you post a tutorial on this please.
Thanks DarkAngel.

Awww you didn't have to put my name in the title .... :eek:

But really it's the members here that post up their great tutorials that really helped. I just showed you how.......

In your Terminal Emulator same text like always. On post #12, I linked the Tutorial for [GUIDE] Making Dump Files Out of Android Device Partitions when I mentioned about the Parted Binaries. It's in section#2 about half way down the Original post.

===================================
Use these below for your debrick Dumps:

On Your Computer via (CMD) Command Prompt /Command-Line Interpreter :
Code:
[COLOR=#353535]adb shell[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#353535]su[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#353535]busybox [B]dd[/B] if=/[COLOR=blue]dev/block/mmcblk0[/COLOR] of=/[COLOR=green]sdcard[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]debrick.img[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]bs=1M[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]count=128[/COLOR]

On Terminal Emulator in Phone:
Code:
[COLOR=#353535][B]dd[/B] if=/[COLOR=blue]dev/block/mmcblk0[/COLOR] of=/[COLOR=green]sdcard[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]debrick.img[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]bs=1M[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]count=128[/COLOR]

==================================================

In case you wanted to know why......

Since we know where and what block # belongs to what partition you just need to make the images. This is what you need to know to make the dumps.

dd if=/yourMountingPoint of=/yourDestination/partitionType
What they mean ( just in case ) :

/yourMountingPoint = mounting point of the partition( which will be " mmcblk0 " or " mmcblk0p10 " , etc. )

/yourDestination = where you are sending the partition to ( if you are dumping the whole Rom then maybe switch to your computer as the destination. You will not need to add how much you are wanting to taking out - ex. bs=1M count=128 )

/partitionType = what type of partition it is ( depends on what you are extracting / dumping - ex. being .img, .lfs or .bin )

bs = means how many blocks are read and written at a time. The bigger the number the faster it reads and writes. ( blocks and bytes - ex. b 512, kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, GB 1000*1000*1000, G 1024*1024*1024, and so on for T, P, E, Z, Y. )

count = how much you are wanting to take out of your partition - ( ex. count=128 )

dd = means data dump or convert and copy

Well that's it for now..... LOL

ashikrobi

Mar 14, 2014
Comilla
Awww you didn't have to put my name in the title .... :eek:

But really it's the members here that post up their great tutorials that really helped. I just showed you how.......

In your Terminal Emulator same text like always. On post #12, I linked the Tutorial for [GUIDE] Making Dump Files Out of Android Device Partitions when I mentioned about the Parted Binaries. It's in section#2 about half way down the Original post.

Use these below for your debrick Dumps:

On Your Computer via (CMD) Command Prompt /Command-Line Interpreter :
Code:
[COLOR=#353535]adb shell[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#353535]busybox [B]dd[/B] if=/[COLOR=blue]dev/block/mmcblk0[/COLOR] of=/[COLOR=green]sdcard[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]debrick.img[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]bs=1M[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]count=128[/COLOR]

On Terminal Emulator in Phone:
Code:
[COLOR=#353535][B]dd[/B] if=/[COLOR=blue]dev/block/mmcblk0[/COLOR] of=/[COLOR=green]sdcard[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]debrick.img[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]bs=1M[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]count=128[/COLOR]

==================================================

In case you wanted to know why......

Since we know where and what block # belongs to what partition you just need to make the images. This is what you need to know to make the dumps.

dd if=/yourMountingPoint of=/yourDestination/partitionType
What they mean ( just in case ) :

/yourMountingPoint = mounting point of the partition( which will be " mmcblk0 " or " mmcblk0p10 " , etc. )

/yourDestination = where you are sending the partition to ( if you are dumping the whole Rom then maybe switch to your computer as the destination. You will not need to add how much you are wanting to taking out - ex. bs=1M count=128 )

/partitionType = what type of partition it is ( depends on what you are extracting / dumping - ex. being .img, .lfs or .bin )

bs = means how many blocks are read and written at a time. The bigger the number the faster it reads and writes. ( blocks and bytes - ex. b 512, kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, GB 1000*1000*1000, G 1024*1024*1024, and so on for T, P, E, Z, Y. )

count = how much you are wanting to take out of your partition - ( ex. count=128 )

dd = means data dump or convert and copy

Well that's it for now..... LOL

Okay i have removed your name from the title. And thank you for the tutorial. I am doing backup.

deniwilliam

Jul 1, 2008
yaounde
Okay try this image.......

I burnt this image several time over on a class 4, 8 gig card and it wrote the image on it perfect. I don't know if you will have to use a 16gig card for your Mega or not but try what you have 16 gig or less. Trial and error at this point.

You can probably add more to it if need be from the Official Firmware by dragging and dropping ( if I am not mistaken ) by just opening ( and not extracting ) the tar.md5 with WinRAR or 7zip. I can't remember if one was able to do this.......

L600 Debrick Image

Hi DarkAngel I wrote the img file to a 16gb sdcard and tried to boot my phone and it work great. thanks for your great job and effort. You save me

Reactions: DarkAngel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i have bricked my phone by restoring MK1 efs backup created with efs professional tool. Few days ago i upgraded it with android 4.4 version with ota. I restored all partitions with efs pro tool except user data and system. Now it's in qhsusb_dload mode. I tried i9205 debrick image from this forum and it's not working. I do not know how to make debrick image form stock rom or any other way. Can anyone help me to fix this?
    Thanks

Have you tried to Odin the Official Firmware available for the L600? It can be done via Kies as well.

L600VPUBNE4
    odin 3.09 and 3.04

Which version of Odin are you using?

I tried with these versions. They do not detect the device. If you have a working phone, you can make a debrick image for me. Please install busybox and a terminal emulator. Then issue this command from the terminal and you will get the debrick image in your sd card.
    su
    busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1M count=128
    Make sure you have SPH-L600 and android version 4.4 or the image will not work for me.
    Please upload
    Thanks
    Debrick Image......

Okay try this image.......

I burnt this image several time over on a class 4, 8 gig card and it wrote the image on it perfect. I don't know if you will have to use a 16gig card for your Mega or not but try what you have 16 gig or less. Trial and error at this point.

You can probably add more to it if need be from the Official Firmware by dragging and dropping ( if I am not mistaken ) by just opening ( and not extracting ) the tar.md5 with WinRAR or 7zip. I can't remember if one was able to do this.......

L600 Debrick Image
    You are using an installed version of Linux correct? Are you on 13.04? Well I know the GNU Parted is just the program from Linux but the image still wrote on the SD card.

After the image was written to the SDcard, were you able to see the image content inside? For me it showed about 60MB of actual space written from the 85mb image. After it wrote, I just wrote over it and wrote over it and wrote over it again. Funny thing is I could not see the image at first so I then removed the card from my computer and re-inserted it and was then able to see it. I even inserted it on a Windows 8 tablet I have from a co-worker and it read it fine.

I did this while just using the "Install CD" and trying Ubuntu ( don't have it re-installed yet on my Notebook yet ). I did it using 14.04 LTS though. Try updating your GNU Parted ( your at 2.3 ), if it hasn't already been done, to the most current and re-write the image again.
    It worked!

Yes i am using an installed version of ubuntu 14.04. I was also not able to view partitions after i wrote the image to sdcard. But after i reinsert the card it showed all partitions and maybe mounted modem partition contents. I could view partitions with windows 7 also.

But when i try to boot the phone with this sdcard nothing happened. I tried several times but failed. What can i do now? DarkAngel please tell me a way to unbrick my phone.
    Thanks