[GT-I9200/I9205][ROM][Unofficial][6.0.1] CM13/TEMASEK/AOKP/RR ROM's for Mega 6.3

Which roms should I continue to develop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Apr 23, 2013
Navegantes, SC
@shazzl I was on Termasik too. But I was using a previous CM12 build of yours (which was great) and I think I may have rushed into the installation without proper education. Maybe going to Termasik from stock might have a difference? I'll try and let you know.

Last edited:

moatazali

Aug 31, 2009
Cairo
Hello,
just tried to flash the file: cm13.0-20160119-UNOFFICIAL-meliusltexx and received an error saying: this package is for device meliusltexx; this device is meliuslte. e:error in storage status 7

any clue how to deal with that? my phone is the 9200 but defined as 9205?

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Hello,
just tried to flash the file: cm13.0-20160119-UNOFFICIAL-meliusltexx and received an error saying: this package is for device meliusltexx; this device is meliuslte. e:error in storage status 7

any clue how to deal with that? my phone is the 9200 but defined as 9205?
Just flash the latest twrp 2.8.7.0. It should sort the problem. BTW, meliusltexx build works on melius3g with no issues.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Reactions: phubarr

lobox360

Jan 7, 2014
I installed latest marshmallow build in my SGH-M819N and everything works smooth but the camera, video mode force closes but still photos are ok, I can live with that. Great job guys thanks!

Rommul

Mar 12, 2011
Bronx
I installed latest marshmallow build in my SGH-M819N and everything works smooth but the camera, video mode force closes but still photos are ok, I can live with that. Great job guys thanks!

Do you have root?

I flashed to my M819N but it's not rooted. I used TWRP 2.85 NOT 2.87 that Silesh offers so that could be the prob.

I just wanna know if you are rooted.

I am doing a clean flash each time.

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Root is disabled by default. Activate developer settings and then activate root from there. No need to flash SuperSU.

62b53205a95f2d42b5b8ce4c4152cfc1.jpg

Reactions: phubarr

lobox360

Jan 7, 2014
Do you have root?

I flashed to my M819N but it's not rooted. I used TWRP 2.85 NOT 2.87 that Silesh offers so that could be the prob.

I just wanna know if you are rooted.

I am doing a clean flash each time.
Yes mine is rooted already but I had to authorize rooting first right from developer options for it to get active.

Reactions: Rommul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9200 and GT-I9205 variant's only! If you choose to flash this on other variant's, you will face issues.

READ THIS & THIS BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

INSTALL GUIDE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1deBgPOQnX3chWDt2hZdCXi1r1GuhQZvJtyLu-O4QNtA/pub

You need to flash the latest TWRP from here if you are planning to use a Marshmallow ROM. This is a must.

Also note that when you flash Gapps, refrain from flashing full or stock versions as it is found to mess with smooth functioning of the ROM, like the dialer. If you use Open Gapps, the best bet is to flash the pico version. Rest of the apps can be downloaded from the Playstore.

Note: ROM's for Galaxy Mega 6.3 are provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
    • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
    • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

ROM : https://mega.nz/#F!shs3FQzR!dm7gzA3ZysrbIiJhShOndQ
    GAPPS : OpenGapps | SlimZero
    RECOVERY : https://mega.nz/#F!JgsgBAiZ!LwPPz4UWbUjTuUUyYbLP1A

UPGRADES

Upgrades from previous versions of ROM's are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data. Updates will be notified via OTA.

KERNEL SOURCES

GELLO BROWSER

It will not be included in my builds. Users can download it from the link below.

https://maven.cyanogenmod.org/artifactory/gello_prebuilds/org/cyanogenmod/gello/

FAQ

Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Q: How to get compass working?
    A: Shake the phone around in the air a few times.

OVERCLOCKED KERNELS

As I don't want any user who doesn't know what he is doing flashing this kernel, I have made the folder containing them encrypted. Decryption keys will be sent to people asking for them via PM / email. You can then use it to get the actual files. This will be needed only the first time. The files are available here.

Also note that I am providing these kernels with no tests made from my side, so expect issues. If you are not willing to take the risk, DO NOT FLASH. I will take no responsibility if your device ends up dead.

The cpu frequency has been hardlimited to the stock value of 1728000. If you want to overclock, you need to edit the /sys/kernel/cpufreq/hardlimit file and change the value to your liking. Don't go over the max value of 2052000.

KNOWN ISSUES?

Ghost button touches. Menu and sometimes back button get activated without user input. Only fix as of now is to change the short tap activity to none.

Update : Seems there are other devices that have the same issue. See here. Read the last post.

OTHER ISSUES?

Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

LOCAL MANIFESTS

If you want to try out builds on your own, message me for the sources.

CREDITS:
    Arne Coucheron aka arco
    Janson Kang aka temasek
    Moving to N

Looks like all roms I support are moving to N with the exception of CM which means no more updates for the present set of roms.

Work is progressing very fast on cm-14.0. I will make a test build when things settle down a bit and repos are updated to a state which allows compiling. Too many changes going on now.

Will keep you posted.
    Please don't read the OP and please keep complaining. It helps a lot. Sometimes I wonder why I do this. I saw someone else ranting about too many Roms to choose from. Let me make myself clear.

First, this is a development thread, not a spoon feeding one. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.

Second, if you wanna keep posting the same issue every page, don't use this thread. Use the help thread instead.

Third, neither me nor any of the other rom creator's force you to flash Roms. Its your choice to do so and if you do, you are responsible for it. Take the time to read up your issue before you come here and start yelling. Is it so hard to Google?

Fourth, this is all I can do. If any of you can take up from where I left and do a better job, be my guest.

And last, these Roms are not for noobs. These are for users who can figure out a few issues by themselves and contribute. If you want to have everything working, stay on the stock rom. Some users here don't even know how to flash a stock rom.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Work on cm14 should start pretty soon. As soon as arco gets going. It is gonna be more difficult this time as I don't have the device. So will need a few guys willing to spend time to iron out the issues. Will keep you guyz posted.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Final RR M build v5.7.4 will be uploaded in a few hours. This will be the final M build of any rom for this device.

Moving on to N.

https://plus.google.com/+varund7726/posts/TZ6fapnoKEP

Sent from my Moto G⁴ Plus using Tapatalk