Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
Device: S6500D (jenad)
Installed ROM:cm-11-20170203-UNOFFICIAL-jenad.zip
Problems:
1-White Screen
2-Internal Storage

I have problems. :S How can i fix ?

The white screen issue exists since a long time in several CM releases. It seems there are subtle hardware differences in the Galaxy Mini 2 that trigger this. Some devices have the white screen problem, others don't. For the developers of a custom rom this is always difficult to tackle, as most of us have only one mini at hand to test with. So it's difficult to test stuff for all hardware revisions. Luckily according to his post, Shadow of Leaf seems to be able to include all blobs that are required for different revisions. I'd suggest you patiently wait for his next build that will hopefully fix those issues.

Aside from that IMHO we all should be very glad he resumed work on the mini and try to free his time as much as possible for the development towards CAF (instead of asking for support on current roms that will be outdated after he succeeds with CAF).

HTH

Don

amag3308

Dec 20, 2014
Good news

My laptop is alive again and :)

I manage to fix the internal storage (dirty workaround)

You can see it in screenshots

I will upload tommorow cause im a little bit busy today

It will be a s6500d version too :highfive:

got problems with my main phone, so came back to this little boy. installed your rom it's awesome how it performs well even after years.
could you please tell me which theme did you use here? it is a touchwiz one and I really like it, but can't find that one

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Reactions: amag3308

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
The white screen issue exists since a long time in several CM releases. It seems there are subtle hardware differences in the Galaxy Mini 2 that trigger this. Some devices have the white screen problem, others don't. For the developers of a custom rom this is always difficult to tackle, as most of us have only one mini at hand to test with. So it's difficult to test stuff for all hardware revisions. Luckily according to his post, Shadow of Leaf seems to be able to include all blobs that are required for different revisions. I'd suggest you patiently wait for his next build that will hopefully fix those issues.

Aside from that IMHO we all should be very glad he resumed work on the mini and try to free his time as much as possible for the development towards CAF (instead of asking for support on current roms that will be outdated after he succeeds with CAF).

HTH

Don
Hello
well finally after a long time of intelligence :D i build TWRP 3.0.2 With CAF blobs for Mini 2
i will work on cm11 with caf too if i have time :crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-23-16-00-40.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-23-16-00-40.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 89

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
so cool to this this project is not end :)

Yes, but be aware that there's only one single developer who is capable of developing and committed himself to the mini. So this is very thin, development is of course rather slow and if SoL decides to abandon his efforts newer CM for the mini will probably always stay a dream. I would be lucky if I could help him, but I'm definitely lacking the time as well as the Android experience to be able to reasonably support him with coding/porting (though I have 20++ years of programming expierience). I also have the impression that developing a custom rom for Android comes with a rather steep learning curve, finding out all the required details is a very lengthy process, especially if you're new to those stuff.

Cheerz

Don

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Yes, but be aware that there's only one single developer who is capable of developing and committed himself to the mini. So this is very thin, development is of course rather slow and if SoL decides to abandon his efforts newer CM for the mini will probably always stay a dream. I would be lucky if I could help him, but I'm definitely lacking the time as well as the Android experience to be able to reasonably support him with coding/porting (though I have 20++ years of programming expierience). I also have the impression that developing a custom rom for Android comes with a rather steep learning curve, finding out all the required details is a very lengthy process, especially if you're new to those stuff.

Cheerz

Don

thanks for the motivation

about cm11 caf

yesterday i build it on caf support but in booting screen is black , maybe i did something wrong:confused::confused:

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Is only the boot screen black or doesn't it boot at all? If it was just the boot screen but the system is comming up anyway I could live with that... ;)

Cheerz

Don

It bootup but screen is black

I did adb logcat and take some informations

1-there is some news about nfc
I see that the kernel error is fixed and in logcat it seen that nfc is enabled in first boot
2-blackscreen is the display when i build i didnt include the kernel stuff
3-i change the device tree to fully support emulated storage and it work (in logcat)

I will work more further on jenq until it boot

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
It bootup but screen is black

I did adb logcat and take some informations

1-there is some news about nfc
I see that the kernel error is fixed and in logcat it seen that nfc is enabled in first boot
2-blackscreen is the display when i build i didnt include the kernel stuff
3-i change the device tree to fully support emulated storage and it work (in logcat)

I will work more further on jenq until it boot

GOOD NEWS

TWRP 3.0.2-0 for jena is ready to test

link of download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jp8yqat2cqeznb/TWRP-v3.0.2.0-jena.zip

as a far as i test
-fix suddent shutdown
-fix storage and mtp
-fix recovery loop

to enter the recovery mode in shutdown :
-go to mode download
-press volume down
-before the phone reboot hold home and volume up until samsung appear
-you are in recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: wipeyourbuttocks

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
GOOD NEWS

TWRP 3.0.2-0 for jena is ready to test

Good to hear, will give it a test as soon as I manage to find the time for it. Can I flash the new recovery directly with the old TWRP 2.8.5.0 or will I mess things up?

As someone gave me a second phone (a HTC Desire 626G Dual SIM) my mini became free as a test device I can play around with. So if I find the time I would be happy to test new software, be it a recovery or a more recent android. This is for two reasons:
a) On my mini I'm still not able to use your CM11.0 (it shows an endless boot animation during the first initial boot and never finishes booting), whereas the older CM10.1 works without problems (aside the well known fact that something's draining the battery). So the hope would be to overcome this boot issue with a more current CM.
b) The HTC is an old phone, it also uses Kitkat, and of course I would be eager to flash a newer ROM. However there are many different versions of the 626 out there, I couldn't find a custom ROM that exactly suits this phone and I don't want to brick it by flashing some ROM that sounds similar (but is not). So my hope is I could somehow learn how to create a custom ROM myself, though I have no idea what the requirements are and where to start. So far I was able to flash a CWM and I could root the HTC, which sounds like a good starting point. Do you know any instructions on the net explaining how to develop one's own ROM?

If I understood you correctly then you suppose NFC might become operable on the mini with the CM you're currently working on? I never used NFC so far but latest c't magazine has a nice article on securely unlocking a password manager like kee pass on a mobile via an NFC badge. This is a real nice application and gives NFC a real value. Getting that up'n'runnin on the mini would be brilliant.

Cheerz

Don

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Good to hear, will give it a test as soon as I manage to find the time for it. Can I flash the new recovery directly with the old TWRP 2.8.5.0 or will I mess things up?

As someone gave me a second phone (a HTC Desire 626G Dual SIM) my mini became free as a test device I can play around with. So if I find the time I would be happy to test new software, be it a recovery or a more recent android. This is for two reasons:
a) On my mini I'm still not able to use your CM11.0 (it shows an endless boot animation during the first initial boot and never finishes booting), whereas the older CM10.1 works without problems (aside the well known fact that something's draining the battery). So the hope would be to overcome this boot issue with a more current CM.
b) The HTC is an old phone, it also uses Kitkat, and of course I would be eager to flash a newer ROM. However there are many different versions of the 626 out there, I couldn't find a custom ROM that exactly suits this phone and I don't want to brick it by flashing some ROM that sounds similar (but is not). So my hope is I could somehow learn how to create a custom ROM myself, though I have no idea what the requirements are and where to start. So far I was able to flash a CWM and I could root the HTC, which sounds like a good starting point. Do you know any instructions on the net explaining how to develop one's own ROM?

If I understood you correctly then you suppose NFC might become operable on the mini with the CM you're currently working on? I never used NFC so far but latest c't magazine has a nice article on securely unlocking a password manager like kee pass on a mobile via an NFC badge. This is a real nice application and gives NFC a real value. Getting that up'n'runnin on the mini would be brilliant.

Cheerz

Don

it will work normally

for bootloop you didn't format data partition with ext4 type partition

go wipe , advanced wipe , choose data , repair or change file system , change file system , EXT4, confirm ,done

cm11 will work

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
it will work normally

for bootloop you didn't format data partition with ext4 type partition

go wipe , advanced wipe , choose data , repair or change file system , change file system , EXT4, confirm ,done

cm11 will work

Hm, not sure (it's been a while since I tried it). But if I remember correctly I strictly followed the instructions you posted and I did format the data partition. Will give it a second try when I install/test the latest TWRP and report.

Cheerz

Don

ezrawk

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
nfc

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Thank you for all of your work for jena & jenad. :good:

new interesting news for nfc

i test some theories and i get some results

you can see it in logcat

I/NfcService( 674): Enabling NFC
D/NFCJNI ( 674): Start Initialization
E/NFCJNI ( 674): Could not load EEPROM settings
D/NFCJNI ( 674): Terminating client thread...
W/NfcService( 674): Error enabling NFC

this means that it pass the downloading firmware

Adiker

Jun 17, 2013
Redmi Note 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Newest CM11 doesn't work even with data formatted to ext4. Stuck on infinite bootloop, occasionally the animation locks up. However 20160114 version works just fine without any modifications to data partition. The only issue is with camera, it simply doesn't work :p

Top Liked Posts