[ROM][4.4.4] Unofficial CM 11.0 for Samsung Galaxy Music (all variants)[Discontinued]

Search This thread

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Thank you mannn...waiting for dual sim :)

Sent from my GT-S6012 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah since my phone is single sim version it is taking me time :(

Also warning from RC 2, it seems the selinux updates made the old phone reboot bug to reappear, today will release an RC 2.1 fixing that but later...

Edit: Ok already uploaded RC 2.1 :) link on first post

Last edited:

armanote

Nov 11, 2014
IRAN, Mashhad
Hi my dear friend alonso as you tried to release the cm 12 please post here
and if you need help tell us with turtorial anyway we try to help you
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

armanote

Nov 11, 2014
IRAN, Mashhad
Time for bug report
usually recent menu doesnt show anything when in app
Battery percentage is not visible
when ignore an notification how can turn it back
offline charging
bluetooth recive but dont send anything
display turn on delay so many 10 sec

NOW WORKING
dual sim fully working thanks to alonso

Specially Thanks to Alonso and Dahinesh

Still waiting for cm12 Lollipop

Akito

Feb 29, 2012
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Report

==>After hours of use the Tethering Fails.. I noticed this when i used phone non stop for two days(Not 24 hours but switched on) and when i tried playing bombsquad the game ran slow and sometimes Xender doesnt find my device.. But all these happens after more than 18hrs or so..
==>Bluetooth Still has problems..
==>WiFi Hotspot has problems saving Names and Passwords..
==>Dual Sim And Offline Charging Has No problem as of now..
==>During Lockscreen being on sometimes it takes longer than 10-20 seconds to screen to switch on..
==>On rare occassions there are apps missing from recents menu even after i had opened two or three before and not swiped them at all.. After clicking back and then when i access the recents again it's back..
==>Not switching to other roms for now.. Love CM11.. Only downside is cm11 doesnt support flash and hence goodbye swf games..

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Time for bug report
usually recent menu doesnt show anything when in app
Battery percentage is not visible
when ignore an notification how can turn it back
offline charging
bluetooth recive but dont send anything
display turn on delay so many 10 sec

NOW WORKING
dual sim fully working thanks to alonso

Specially Thanks to Alonso and Dahinesh

Still waiting for cm12 Lollipop
Recent menu thing doesn't happen to me very oftten, I think it even happened on cm 10 too
About battery, do you mean the percentage is hard to read?
Turn back a notification? (sorry I didn't understand you:p)
I will release rc 4 today fixing offline charging
Bluetooth has been a headache for me, didn't work on cm 10 either and made a thread in case someone would help me
Does display thing happens to you frequently? Were you doing something specific? Like installing an app, listening to music, etc...

==>After hours of use the Tethering Fails.. I noticed this when i used phone non stop for two days(Not 24 hours but switched on) and when i tried playing bombsquad the game ran slow and sometimes Xender doesnt find my device.. But all these happens after more than 18hrs or so..
==>Bluetooth Still has problems..
==>WiFi Hotspot has problems saving Names and Passwords..
==>Dual Sim And Offline Charging Has No problem as of now..
==>During Lockscreen being on sometimes it takes longer than 10-20 seconds to screen to switch on..
==>On rare occassions there are apps missing from recents menu even after i had opened two or three before and not swiped them at all.. After clicking back and then when i access the recents again it's back..
==>Not switching to other roms for now.. Love CM11.. Only downside is cm11 doesnt support flash and hence goodbye swf games..
Hmmm I will try to reproduce wifi hotspot things... And as already said, bluetooth has been a headache.
Weird that offline charging is working for you.
Mmm and like I said earlier to armanote about display. Does display thing happens to you frequently? Were you doing something specific? Like installing an app, listening to music, etc...
It doesn't happen that to me :-/
I wonder if some bugs are not device specific device and are related to cm 11 or aosp source like recents bugs:( I will have to take logcats if something usefull appears

Also with the release of rc 4, fixed some pawitp's patches regarding hwc and it fixes for example screen turning black when rotating. I wonder if it'll fix other previous reported bugs like slowdowns on games...
Also with this release, I will try to focus more on bluetooth tough since I'm on highschool again, I'm not sure if will have time

Reactions: armanote

armanote

Nov 11, 2014
IRAN, Mashhad
Hello alonso my friend the battery percentage is in the battery icon and the numbers are black and cant be readed
when hold a notification on notification panel it says app info and ignore this notification from showing
I touch it wrongly how can I turn it back
thanks for fixing offline charging good luck :D

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Hello alonso my friend the battery percentage is in the battery icon and the numbers are black and cant be readed
when hold a notification on notification panel it says app info and ignore this notification from showing
I touch it wrongly how can I turn it back
thanks for fixing offline charging good luck :D

Are you not using some kind of xposed modul that confilcts with battery percentage of the status bar? Or maybe you should check if show percentage is enbaled because it's working fine for me

And I haven't used the hide notification but I think on the app info you should tick show notifications

Reactions: armanote

rahimali

@Alonso1398, I installed RC4 day before yesterday and in one word, it is AWESOME!!! :D

Dual SIM, Wi-Fi all working great! Performance is good! Battery life is fantastic! Phone is entering deep sleep mode without issue (with all apps installed)!

(I don't use a lot of BT so that's not so much of a concern for me)

I'm never going back to samsung's garbage filled stock ROM again, ever!!! :D

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
@Alonso1398, I installed RC4 day before yesterday and in one word, it is AWESOME!!! :D

Dual SIM, Wi-Fi all working great! Performance is good! Battery life is fantastic! Phone is entering deep sleep mode without issue (with all apps installed)!

(I don't use a lot of BT so that's not so much of a concern for me)

I'm never going back to samsung's garbage filled stock ROM again, ever!!! :D
I'm really glad to hear that :) I don't even know how the sleeping issue was fixed because I didn't change anything related to it

Reactions: rahimali

armanote

Nov 11, 2014
IRAN, Mashhad
Hello alonso my friend its time to release the cm 12
If cant compile it teach me to how to compile it my pc have 4 gb ram and it easily compile the rom
just realse the cm12 my friend
:eek: :eek: :eek:
or you can buy just only a 2gb of ram

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Hello alonso my friend its time to release the cm 12
If cant compile it teach me to how to compile it my pc have 4 gb ram and it easily compile the rom
just realse the cm12 my friend
:eek: :eek: :eek:
or you can buy just only a 2gb of ram

Hello, I actually CAN'T know when I would have a bootable cm 12, specially when I can't build it, so it will take more time than usual. I want lollipop for galaxy music as much as you want but I can't make miracles :(
Also leonmorlando is helping me with compilation but if you want to help too, send me a PM. And the PC I use isn't completely mine so the last option is not likely to happen, I even use an external drive for compiling...

armanote

Nov 11, 2014
IRAN, Mashhad
Hello, I actually CAN'T know when I would have a bootable cm 12, specially when I can't build it, so it will take more time than usual. I want lollipop for galaxy music as much as you want but I can't make miracles :(
Also leonmorlando is helping me with compilation but if you want to help too, send me a PM. And the PC I use isn't completely mine so the last option is not likely to happen, I even use an external drive for compiling...

I m working on galaxy young 2 rom az base rom and the CM11 rom az the port rom
I m working for the deferences of the young 2 and music for fixing them like screen and cpu frequency
:fingers-crossed:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013

I m working on galaxy young 2 rom az base rom and the CM11 rom az the port rom
I m working for the deferences of the young 2 and music for fixing them like screen and cpu frequency
:fingers-crossed:

They are kinda different, you should also check the proprietary files and frequencies I think they are defined on the kernel. Good luck with it.

Also, managed to build an CM camera without the scene bug so you can download the apk here (select "view raw"). Just install as a normal apk. Next versions will have it instead of omni's camera

rahimali

@Alonso1398, buddy could you please look into the way the governors are built into the kernel. I did some testing and only performance (which is the default governor) allows the phone to go into deep sleep. All the others keep it awake 100% of the time. I tried all the governors one by one. The weird thing is after trying them all one by one when I went back to performance the phone still will not go back to sleep...

Is it possible you could check the source where you added governors from, maybe add them from a different source?

Maybe you could release some test kernels with either smartassv2, interactive or interactivex as the default or maybe the only governors, I could test it out and provide feedback... Thanks!

Edit :: By the conservative governor is totally useless on this phone, it starts lagging very badly so may be better to remove it!

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
@Alonso1398, buddy could you please look into the way the governors are built into the kernel. I did some testing and only performance (which is the default governor) allows the phone to go into deep sleep. All the others keep it awake 100% of the time. I tried all the governors one by one. The weird thing is after trying them all one by one when I went back to performance the phone still will not go back to sleep...

Is it possible you could check the source where you added governors from, maybe add them from a different source?

Maybe you could release some test kernels with either smartassv2, interactive or interactivex as the default or maybe the only governors, I could test it out and provide feedback... Thanks!

Edit :: By the conservative governor is totally useless on this phone, it starts lagging very badly so may be better to remove it!
Hmm what app do you use to check if it goes to sleep or not? Also I could make some tests about it but not sure how perfomance makes it work and the rest not. I could try adding a perfomance based governor to see if it works...
Also conservative came with stock kernel so that's why I keeped it

Edit2: Never mind about the app. Now I see that my phone isn't going to deep sleep too

Hello alonso my friend any news from Cm 12? :eek:
Sadly no...:(

Also, I'll release today Carbon Rom :D

Edit: Link of carbon rom here http://xdaforums.com/android/development/rom-unofficial-carbon-rom-samsung-t3067619

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
@rahimali I've done some research regarding the deep sleep issue, and I think it isn't the kernel. I've found this http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/...ce-wakelock-on-cm11-m7-massive-battery-drain/ and the problem is a wakelock produced by google play services. The workaruond is installing Disable Services app and then enable SystemUpdateService (screenshot attached). Now that way my phone is going to deep sleep with any governor. That workaround most be done every reboot :( it's kinda annoying and I think every custom rom has that bug. I saw that using privacy guard and disabling the keep awake in the google play services should fix it but for me it didn't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors.

Source
    Tree: https://github.com/Alonso1398/android_device_samsung_ivoryss/tree/cm-11.0
    Kernel: https://github.com/Alonso1398/muZic_kernel_ivoryss/tree/cm-11.0
    Vendor files: https://github.com/Alonso1398/proprietary_vendor_samsung_ivoryss

Patches:
    Patch to hardware/broadcom/libbt for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891380.
    Patch to frameworks/native to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891444 (replace each time it says CAPRI with RHEA) and https://github.com/PAC-man/android_frameworks_native/commit/0c81fda74f6e7f9dc5f48bd00e4dbeaef12fdbc2.
    Patch to frameworks/av to fix audio/video issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7945188
    Patch to hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/audio.h for microphone to work: https://gist.github.com/dhinesh77/7206ec7900bee32e4c51/revisions
    Dual SIM Patches: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/9433442

Credits/thanks
    Dhinesh77's device tree and work
    Pawitp's patches
    Cyanogenmod Team
    XDA forum
    rahimali for investigating about deep sleep issues
    Requirements
    -Updated CWM 6.0.5.0
    -Have Stock 4.1 or CM 10.1
    -Those having the DUOS variant should check if the name on the build.prop matches the name of the updater-script. If it doesn't, then edit the updater script.

Installation Instructions
    -Make a backup just in case
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Install the rom
    -Install optionaly gapps

Updating from cm 10.1 and keep data
    -Make backup
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Install rom and optionally gapps
    -Go to advanced restore, select the backup made and restore only data
    However I don't recommend it.

Updating from previous cm 11 release
    -Make a backup just in case
    -Install cm 11 zip
    -Install gapps again

Bugs/What's not working?
    -Probably other features I may not use frequently
    -Bluetooth half working
    -3D perfomance and some games may have have issues? not faced it myself

Download Links
    MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!lEQCjZhR!QwBQiH-_8y43fTwdsrjP1IHI7kc1cwaDbAiloXY7TOg
    Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2sdv3ayjvbxbi9/CM 11.0 ivoryss final release.zip?dl=0

You can download the other versions here

Changelog
    RC 7 (final release)
    -Not sure what fixed, but rom is smoother now
    -Use correct overscroll glow (grey) and text select handle (blue) instead the orange ones. I think they were used from gingerbread.
    -Removed CMUpdater.apk because it was never used
    RC 6
    -Source updates
    -Small kernel perfomance improvements
    -Made lockscreen widget a little bigger (clock will look complete now)
    RC 5
    -Updated source to latest nightlies
    *Fixes system update service wake lock
    *Other changes I suppose...
    -Use CM prebuilt camera without scene mode bug
    RC 4
    -Correct some hwc patches (fixes screen turning black when rotating)
    -Replace charge binary with the one from cm 10.1 fixing offline charging
    -Replace cm 11 camera with omnirom camera (the last one won't fc when changing scenes)
    -Correct CIFS on kernel, now they are used as modules.
    -Remove more unused blobs
    RC 3
    -Fix DUAL sim
    -Fix Wi-Fi Tethering
    -Add Wi-Fi direct
    -Update cm source
    RC 2.1
    -Quick release disabling SELinux changes, they made the phone reboot bug
    RC 2
    -Enabled low ram mode but keeped transparent status bar
    -Soft reboot added to menu advanced reboot menu
    -Fix manual network search
    -More compressed kernel
    -Small updates about SELinux
    RC 1
    -Add flag to make dhinesh patch to work
    *It fixes audio and video recording
    -Add features to kernel
    *KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging) (can be enabled on perfomance settings) (Also it may cause stabality issues, use with care)
    *CIFS...

Beta 1
    -Based on CM 11 latest sources
    -Fixed egl
    -Fixed sound
    -Fixed FC apps
    -Fixed Wifi
    -Don't know how but fixed camera:p
    -Removed unnecesary blobs
    -Applied patches
    -Multisim enabled by default
    -Other small changes

Alpha 1
    -Initial release

Multisim FAQ
    How to enable/disable multisim?
    Type the following on terminal
    Enable:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
    Disable:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none

Dual SIM has the following limitations:
    • Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
    • "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
    • The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
    • Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
    • 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted

If you are looking for newer CM versions:
    -CM 12.1
    Ok finally kk for our phones:victory: however pretty buggy:(
    I still need to apply pawitp's patches, so I'm not sure if dual sim is working, you can report more bugs that not are in the first post
    Thank you mannn...waiting for dual sim :)

Sent from my GT-S6012 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah since my phone is single sim version it is taking me time :(

Also warning from RC 2, it seems the selinux updates made the old phone reboot bug to reappear, today will release an RC 2.1 fixing that but later...

Edit: Ok already uploaded RC 2.1 :) link on first post
    Hello i am pocket neo 5312 user and we fixed app fc issue by:
    [GUIDE][FIX]How to fix FCs in CM11!
    1-Go to /system/vendor/
    2-Delete gfx.fw

We had same error so you can test i think it also will be fixed

Bonus for developers
    About Fixing soundrecord and camcoder you should see CM11 S5312 of bro Dhinesh , he fixed it with microphone patch
    If sucessfully let thanks and note patch you using from Dhinesh

Thanks about the info, Dhinesh already told me about those fixes. The FC fix worked but used the microphone patch and it seems it didn't work to me, probably I need to do something else but I'm sure that patch is also needed for this the Galaxy Music.
    Still, I will release next cm 11 today;)

Edit: Already added to the first post. I need people to test dualsim functionality because my phone is the single sim version

Edit2: Great news :D only to add a flag to the device tree to make the patch work, so today released RC1. The only bugs are the same bluetooth issue on cm 10.1 and wifi tethering
    Hi, here is another dual sim test https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9a2bzag3cttot5/cm-11-20141231-UNOFFICIAL-corsica.zip?dl=0

It's the latest pocket neo build but replaced boot.img, edited the recovery script and some build.prop things just in case. If it works, I would be grateful if someone could check what would fix it (like vendor files....)