FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery for HSPA+ version of the Galaxy Nexus

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By MNX1024, Senior Member on 16th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, anyone know where I can get the official battery, preferably one that comes with the battery charger? Regular and extended applies to the question.

19th December 2011, 01:12 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Bumping this to see if anyone has any updated information on it.
19th December 2011, 02:03 AM |#3  
Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 11

More
alot of the galaxy nexus batteries on ebay seem to originate in Hong Kong. since I will be going there next week, i'll be on a lookout for both official as well as non official batteries
(i feel like the difference between the official and nonofficial batteries is just the Samsung logo slapped on. I feel that the all the cases and batteries on ebay all originated from the same factory as casemate cases and other batteries etc etc.)
19th December 2011, 04:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopherr

alot of the galaxy nexus batteries on ebay seem to originate in Hong Kong. since I will be going there next week, i'll be on a lookout for both official as well as non official batteries
(i feel like the difference between the official and nonofficial batteries is just the Samsung logo slapped on. I feel that the all the cases and batteries on ebay all originated from the same factory as casemate cases and other batteries etc etc.)

Don't forget that the battery needs to have an NFC antenna for NFC/Beam to work as well.
20th December 2011, 03:31 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Found some good news, or what seems to be good news. I have found the official(seller claims) extended battery for sale on ebay, here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3470wt_905

Now, before we all get excited, I am not sure of this comes with the extended battery cover. Currently inquiring the seller about it and awaiting for some good news.
20th December 2011, 03:39 AM |#6  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNX1024

Found some good news, or what seems to be good news. I have found the official(seller claims) extended battery for sale on ebay, here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3470wt_905

Now, before we all get excited, I am not sure of this comes with the extended battery cover. Currently inquiring the seller about it and awaiting for some good news.

It would be great if that were real I want one!
20th December 2011, 03:41 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Well, I would assume they would be? I mean, chances are pretty high anyway because the seller is from Korea and from what I know, only the Korean market has the extended battery for the GN. I'm just hoping that they come with the back cover so I don't have to hunt for one.
20th December 2011, 03:44 AM |#8  
Flag San Diego

More
Quote:

Well, I would assume they would be? I mean, chances are pretty high anyway because the seller is from Korea and from what I know, only the Korean market has the extended battery for the GN. I'm just hoping that they come with the back cover so I don't have to hunt for one.

You have a good point but I'm a little hesitant since its around 40 dollars for a battery :/
20th December 2011, 04:23 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiohokaybye

You have a good point but I'm a little hesitant since its around 40 dollars for a battery :/

Think of it this way, the original 1750mah batteries cost a heck lot more:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1750-mAh-OEM...item2a1716e1a2
20th December 2011, 04:34 AM |#10  
Flag San Diego

More
Quote:

Think of it this way, the original 1750mah batteries cost a heck lot more:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1750-mAh-OEM...item2a1716e1a2

I am basically not gunna buy anything coming out from china/hong kong for now lol, ill rather wait a little than have my phone blow up
20th December 2011, 05:14 AM |#11  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Any updates? I'm pretty excited to purchase this..i've been contacting my korean friend to look into finding the battery/door combination separately but nothing just yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)