67 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By lembowski, Member on 23rd December 2011, 12:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2012, 10:00 PM |#91  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Just finished my install. Sorry about the quality of the pics - I had to use my crappy 3mp Blackberry camera.

Couple of things:

1. The install was not too difficult. I am a bit anal retentive, so I took my time applying the stickers and adjusted them a good bit.
2. The stickers have a tendency to deform a bit if you put one on and then take it off to adjust it. The side stickers in particular got a tiny bit longer as a result - which I actually like.
3. I had to use an X-acto knife to open up the hole a bit for the 3 pin connector, probably due to #2.
4. After applying the stickers, my phone felt like it was covered in stickers... which is was. Burnishing down the edges of the stickers with my thumbnail helped greatly. This also helps with the corners if they get a bit crinkly (I think you can see this in one of my pics - I was able to fix this).

Really not a bad install at all. The screen is a bit foggy, but I just installed the screen protector - should go away soon.

23rd January 2012, 10:48 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
did you use a hair dryer? I have NO crinkling on the corners when I hair dryered on high before pressing down the corners all the way

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
23rd January 2012, 10:50 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The screen protector on this. Is it the same material as Zagg? Like that kind of screen protector.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
23rd January 2012, 11:22 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Got mine today ... installed the full kit but really didn't like the other pieces. If I had gotten the black CF, maybe ... but I'm OK with that since I really only bought it for this:

24th January 2012, 03:08 AM |#95  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natolx

did you use a hair dryer? I have NO crinkling on the corners when I hair dryered on high before pressing down the corners all the way

Nah, no hair dryer. I'll be honest, I went looking for the hair dryer and couldn't find it, and I got impatient. LOL. But I was able to take care of the little bit of crinkling that happened just by smoothing it down.
4th February 2012, 05:28 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I just applied the black. I love the look however holding it almost feels scratchy...like I can feel the edge of the sticker. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I'll just get used to it?

5th February 2012, 02:46 AM |#97  
Flag Atlanta

More
The edge on one of the stickers on mine has a tear and is peeling a bit. The "sticker" feel (feeling the edges, like mkarps mentioned above) hasn't gone away. The screen protector seems to be getting a lot of "dents" in it... not scratches per say, but you can see marks on it. I haven't dropped my phone since I put the Ghost Armor on it... I'm not sure where all of this is coming from.
5th February 2012, 03:00 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I know what you mean by the "dents." I put the screen protector on my wifes EVO and same think. There is little "dents" all over it. I admit it does look and feel nice other than that.

I am just not digging the carbon fiber feel. I am going to email them and see if they will at least do a warranty and let me get the clear one as opposed to a replacement carbon fiber. If not guess I'll do a warranty and ebay it. I just can't stop ocd'ing over the feel.
5th April 2012, 04:54 AM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
how's the actual texture feel? tacky or smooth? I have the regular clear ghost armor and find that if my hands are a bit oily or not clean, it tends to slip out of my hands.. when I first put it on it felt tacky/would not slip, but now it is..
5th April 2012, 05:50 AM |#100  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Nice nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
5th April 2012, 09:23 PM |#101  
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 173

More
for you diy guys out there you can just buy the 3m di-noc tape which is the exact same thing and cut out your own using any design you want and for $20 you can get enough to do a 2-3 phones. i did this for my atrix and it was very easy to do and looked great check out the pics in this thread. the OP in that thread even put it on the front of the phone. its very easy to work with just use a heat gun to get around corners and cut with a small scissors or find a way to make some stencils to get the exact shape. this is what i did, used some masking tape to make the outline then cut it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)